United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-08-2021, 06:00 PM
red in cumbria

Talking

Its come to something when the fact neither statue actually looks anything like them isn't even the most embarrassing thing.

Unread 28-08-2021, 06:51 PM
armchair

What does everyone think of them trying to push "cityzens" as a thing, Like that's what they want their fans to be known as. It's so £#%&!ing cheesy.

Unread 28-08-2021, 07:06 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
What does everyone think of them trying to push "cityzens" as a thing, Like that's what they want their fans to be known as. It's so £#%&!ing cheesy.
Reminds me of when pop stars call their fans something ie lady Gaga calling her fans “little monsters” (I think). Cringe anyway.

Unread 28-08-2021, 10:30 PM
avocado

Quote:
I think nothing of it. They are nothing. Do not encourage them by letting them think they are something.

Unread 28-08-2021, 10:43 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Reminds me of when pop stars call their fans something ie lady Gaga calling her fans “little monsters” (I think). Cringe anyway.
Beliebers.

Unread 28-08-2021, 10:49 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
it's always been a thing, but i don't ever remember it being pushed to this extent. They've no doubt got a very expensive team of fan relations experts and brand consultants behind the scenes who dream all this shit up. Everything they do is just so £#%&!ing cringey and desperately tryhard.

That £#%&!ing ridiculous unveiling of Grealish was toe curlingly cringe stuff.

Unread 28-08-2021, 10:56 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
it's always been a thing, but i don't ever remember it being pushed to this extent. They've no doubt got a very expensive team of fan relations experts and brand consultants behind the scenes who dream all this shit up. Everything they do is just so £#%&!ing cringey and desperately tryhard.

Especially compared to Varanes unveiling which was masterful.

Unread 28-08-2021, 11:04 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

It’s like trying to look cool. You can’t do it. You either are or you aren’t. And they aren’t.

Unread 28-08-2021, 11:18 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Especially compared to Varanes unveiling which was masterful.
They've done a bit better in the "actually getting your new star signing on the pitch" department though

Unread 29-08-2021, 12:31 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:

Used to be just Citizens no? Either way they are a marketing focus group brand, like their blood oil fake rivals PSG with all their Michael Jordan tie-ups and lifestyle experience of a shirt sponsor. It’s bad enough for us to exploit our brand but this lot took it a step further and went and created one from scratch. The entire CFG is a marketing and accounting trick, some of their fans must cringe at seeing fellow tinpot clubs being co-opted into the same shell sponsors, looking like city who themselves bear no resemblance to the pre-‘08 version.

Unread 29-08-2021, 07:01 AM
Stickman

The Ronaldo thread on BM is superb reading.

They’re all laughing giving it “he was their second choice to us” etc

Convinced

Unread 31-08-2021, 07:13 PM
Sparky***

I posted this on twitter earlier and was immediately set upon by berts from around the world. I've been called a "british hooligan" and accused of "thinly veiled racism" amongst other things.

Unread 16-09-2021, 12:00 AM
Switching Off

Unread 16-09-2021, 08:33 AM
puressence

Peps video pleading for fans is biblical

Unread 16-09-2021, 08:51 AM
Ethers

What a tragic club.

Unread 16-09-2021, 09:03 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
It's pathetic and he knows it. And likes to remind them all the time.

Which makes it even better.

Unread 16-09-2021, 10:47 AM
Chorlton74

talksport is about to melt. they let the phone lines open on this.

Unread 16-09-2021, 10:48 AM
Pop

Not the first time either, the bald slag.

Pep Guardiola has again urged Manchester City fans to attend the Etihad Stadium, calling on them to ensure the venue is “full, full, full” for every game.

Following Sunday’s FA Cup fourth-round win over Fulham, Guardiola questioned why there were not more than the 39,223 at a ground that holds 55,097. This drew an unhappy response from the official supporters club. Kevin Parker, its secretary, said: “He’s playing into the hands of the ‘Emptyhad’ critics.”

A few berts on blooomong are questioning the stadium expansion knowing full well there will be upwards of 20,000 empty seats in it quite often.

They could win the quadruple every season and they are still a tinpot club.

Unread 16-09-2021, 11:04 AM
Curtis

The stadium expansion was entirely directed at concert attendances. It was made very clear at the planning stage that the football team didn't have enough home support to fill any increase in capacity.

Unread 16-09-2021, 11:08 AM
BarryX

That's cheered me right up.

The population of Greater Manchester is around 2.8 million. 0.001% turned up to watch City last night, with a ground around three quarters full. Meanwhile, at our last home game, tickets were selling for £2,500 on the black market.
Closed Thread