United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Keep Ten Hag or Sack.
Keep 62 53.91%
Sack 53 46.09%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 08-04-2024, 08:12 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
Man Utd have started 31 different back lines in 43 matches this season:

1.AWB, Varane, Martinez, Shaw
2.AWB, Varane, Martinez, Dalot
3.AWB, Lindelof, Martinez, Dalot
4.Dalot, Lindelof, Martinez, Reguilon
5.AWB, Lindelof, Martinez, Reguilon
6.Dalot, Lindelof, Evans, Reguilon
7.AWB, Lindelof, Evans, Reguilon
8.Dalot, Varane, Maguire, Amrabat
9.Dalot, Varane, Lindelof, Amrabat
10.Dalot, Maguire, Evans, Lindelof
11.Dalot, Varane, Evans, Lindelof
12.Dalot, Varane, Maguire, Reguilon
13.Dalot, Maguire, Lindelof, Reguilon
14.Dalot, Maguire, Lindelof, Shaw
15.AWB, Maguire, Lindelof, Shaw
16.AWB, Maguire, Shaw, Dalot
17.Dalot Maguire, Shaw, Reguilon
18.Dalot, Maguire, Varane, Shaw
19.Dalot, Evans, Varane, Shaw
20.AWB, Maguire, Evans, Dalot
21.AWB, Kambwala, Evans, Shaw
22.AWB, Varane, Evans, Dalot
23.Dalot, Varane, Martinez, Shaw
24.Dalot, Maguire, Martinez, Shaw
25.Dalot, Varane, Maguire, Shaw
26.Dalot, Varane, Maguire, Lindelof
27.Dalot, Lindelof, Varane, Amrabat
28.Dalot, Varane, Evans, Lindelof
29.Dalot, Lindelof, Varane, AWB
30.AWB, Maguire, Varane, Dalot
31.Dalot, Kambwala, Maguire, AWB

Unread 08-04-2024, 08:15 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0 View Post
yeah you've totally disproved it by posting the stats that include 7 months before the carabao cup final
So we did have a great first season ending with two trips to Wembley and a decent league finish with a more settled, uninjured squad ? ? ?

Because after we drew with Brentford (these results happen)

A lot of folks heads completely fell off ..

Unread 08-04-2024, 08:47 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
So we did have a great first season ending with two trips to Wembley and a decent league finish with a more settled, uninjured squad ? ? ?

Because after we drew with Brentford (these results happen)

A lot of folks heads completely fell off ..
After the carabao until the end of the season
- The football was awful and the results were average.

This season
- the results have been awful and the football has been (in the main with the odd exception) awful

Those stats seem to run from beginning of last season not from the carabao cup. When it seems Erik’s head fell off.

Unread 08-04-2024, 08:48 PM
Bunker Buster

So awful we're off to wembley again....after DUMPING the Scousers out...

Unread 08-04-2024, 10:32 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
I want him to stay and work under proper structure for a year minimum. I've said he should get as long as that lego headed #@&%! at Arsenal and i see no reason to change my mind.

If anything I hope they back him and the kind of disgusting, fairweather @#%&!s who cling on to the club in order to do nothing but bask in reflected glory can just piss off and follow another club that wins all the time and have a massive circle jerk with other like minded #@&%!s who "know ball".
Wow, and the wannabe agents, don’t forget the wannabe agents

Unread 08-04-2024, 10:55 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
I want him to stay and work under proper structure for a year minimum. I've said he should get as long as that lego headed #@&%! at Arsenal and i see no reason to change my mind.

If anything I hope they back him and the kind of disgusting, fairweather @#%&!s who cling on to the club in order to do nothing but bask in reflected glory can just piss off and follow another club that wins all the time and have a massive circle jerk with other like minded #@&%!s who "know ball".
Loads of time served reds who actually go to OT and have done for years are very much on the, ‘not sure this is the right guy’ tip. It’s definitely not simply a Facebook Ugandan reds thing.

But again, without a decent inkling about who would replace him then it’s all a bit academic afaic.

Unread 08-04-2024, 11:46 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Loads of time served reds who actually go to OT and have done for years are very much on the, ‘not sure this is the right guy’ tip. It’s definitely not simply a Facebook Ugandan reds thing.

But again, without a decent inkling about who would replace him then it’s all a bit academic afaic.
Not talking about them tbh mate, know a fair few myself.

Unread 09-04-2024, 01:03 AM
Dacter

Quote:
Look at that TV show. Grown men having a proper, honest chat about football.

Then compare it to the Overlap banter shite that gets served up by Sky. Roy Keane hamming it up playing the character of Roy Keane. Micah Richards laughing, a lot. Entirely engineered for clicks, views and retweets.

Honestly, the media in this country still think football fans are brainless scum.

Unread 09-04-2024, 09:58 AM
Whip Hubley

Given this season is £#%&!ed aside from a potential cup final, I actually don't see the issue in giving him another season which might seem odd logic, but we can't rescue CL at this point anyway.

I'm flip flopping like a salmon out of water about him but ultimately, not wanting to go round in circles AGAIN by bringing in yet another new manager with new ideas seals* it....

Also, de zerbi is a goblin.

*sealife theme pun intended

#In

Unread 09-04-2024, 10:08 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter View Post
Honestly, the media in this country still think football fans are brainless scum.
a lot of them read fred, apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
Given this season is £#%&!ed aside from a potential cup final, I actually don't see the issue in giving him another season...

Unread 09-04-2024, 10:09 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
a lot of them read fred, apparently.

who do you suggest we get in then Jem?

"i'm not paid to make that decision"

Unread 09-04-2024, 10:35 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Given this season is £#%&!ed aside from a potential cup final, I actually don't see the issue in giving him another season which might seem odd logic, but we can't rescue CL at this point anyway.

I'm flip flopping like a salmon out of water about him but ultimately, not wanting to go round in circles AGAIN by bringing in yet another new manager with new ideas seals* it....

Also, de zerbi is a goblin.

*sealife theme pun intended

#In
This. After that Chelsea mess I thought, get rid. But nah. Give him another season.

I suppose I'm just sick to death of starting all over again every couple of years. We risk ending up like a kind of bloated, richer version of Watford.

Unread 09-04-2024, 10:35 AM
jem

Quote:
who do you suggest we get in then Jem?

"i'm not paid to make that decision"
lazy thinking on your part, as I have never provided that response. indeed, as with getting rid of the deadwood in the squad, my response has always been that it depends on who we are getting instead. it's easy to see who isn't performing.

my comment was not intended to suggest that we should sack him immediately. I just don't see how your comment makes any sense at all. how does the fact that this season is £#%&!ed make it not an issue to give him another season? that's the bit. give him to the end of the season and see if we can get someone better for next season. if we can't, then he needs to change.

the only thing that matters is whether he is learning, making best use of the players available and has a reasonable plan going forward. he is failing on the first two points (and I'm not convinced by the get better players and he'll be a better manager theory).

we don't need someone to come in and reinvent football. we just need someone with some common sense and some character. southgate or potter won't keep referees or players honest. we need someone with fire his belly.

I'd like to interview zidane. I'm not sure nagelsmann's tactics are that different to 10h's. I don't want to watch a game of suicide chess.

Unread 09-04-2024, 10:41 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
lazy thinking on your part, as I have never provided that response. indeed, as with getting rid of the deadwood in the squad, my response has always been that it depends on who we are getting instead. it's easy to see who isn't performing.

my comment was not intended to suggest that we should sack him immediately. I just don't see how your comment makes any sense at all. how does the fact that this season is £#%&!ed make it not an issue to give him another season? that's the bit. give him to the end of the season and see if we can get someone better for next season. if we can't, then he needs to change.

the only thing that matters is whether he is learning, making best use of the players available and has a reasonable plan going forward. he is failing on the first two points (and I'm not convinced by the get better players and he'll be a better manager theory).

we don't need someone to come in and reinvent football. we just need someone with some common sense and some character. southgate or potter won't keep referees or players honest. we need someone with fire his belly.

I'd like to interview zidane. I'm not sure nagelsmann's tactics are that different to 10h's. I don't want to watch a game of suicide chess.
I imagine it would go something like this -

Big Jim: “Would you like to manage Manchester United?”
Zidane: “No.”

Unread 09-04-2024, 10:44 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

Yeah let's go for a manager who hasn't been in the game for years... What ZZ did with Madrid was absolute freak territory, there's a reason he hasn't done anything since. If that's your only suggestion surely you can see why we're not exactly chomping at the bit to get rid?

My comment about this season being £#%&!ed is that bringing in another manager now wouldn't help us get anywhere other than where we are this season.

Which leaves bringing someone in in the summer. And as above, the problem is A) Who. and B) they'd be our 6th permanent manager in a decade. Managers of all different styles and experience, none of whom have had more than a couple of years to get anywhere (which has been both the clubs and their fault at various points).

Put simply, I'm happy with the idea of giving him another season as then if he doesn't make progress , there can be little excuses for getting rid. And more to the point he might actually be given more players in the summer who aren't either brainless or over the hill/perma-crocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post

Unread 09-04-2024, 10:49 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post

but in a sexy accent?

Quote:
And more to the point he might actually be given more players in the summer who aren't either brainless or over the hill/perma-crocked.
again.

not going to happen.

they will probably hint that mason might be coming back, though.

Unread 09-04-2024, 11:00 AM
shenwen

Whoever it is - and I don't care if Erik stays or goes - he's going to have to be capable of dealing with the squad roughy as it is, as I can't see any major clear out happening (Varane, Casemiro, Martial if his contract has run down) and even less likely we'll be signing more than 3/4 new players.

Unread 09-04-2024, 11:01 AM
redhegemony

Quote:

A crucial issue is having such limited availability across the back and in central midfield where we have 5 players one very young, one seemingly on his last legs, one resurrected, one a last minute loan and The Scottish Player. Hardly a great choice.

up front Mount and Martial have made Darren Anderton look like Wim Hof and Rashford has decided to play walking football.

He hasn't been dealt much of a hand.

Unread 09-04-2024, 11:03 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony View Post
He hasn't been dealt much of a hand.
And hasn't done a great job of managing the hand he's been dealt, which I assume is Jem's point.

Unread 09-04-2024, 11:07 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
And hasn't done a great job of managing the hand he's been dealt.
He's managed Mainoo, Garnach and Hojlund very very well.

Also think he's done well with Onana who has got better as the season has gone on - the early save on Sunday was outstanding.

Had zero choice at Centre Half or full back most of the time which just leaves

Rashford/Anthony/ Amad

and how he configures the centre which again has such limited options.

The big issue is how much of the squad weaknesses are down to him and how much the club. I can't imagine for a minute he set out to sign Johnny Evans.