United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 06-11-2021, 05:46 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Reminded me of that Kevin Costner post apocalyptic film where there was no postal service and so nothing was delivered.
Waterworld?

Unread 06-11-2021, 05:47 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueling Banjos
Waterworld?
I was thinking Field of Dreams.

Unread 06-11-2021, 06:06 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
And some thought we turned the corner against Spurs.
Wtf

Unread 06-11-2021, 06:09 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Wtf
He’s living in a parallel universe where people are still backing Ole and Bailly didn’t £#%&! up on Tuesday.

Unread 06-11-2021, 06:10 PM
ZiggyStardust

I believe the most damming thing I heard about today is we had more shots on target on our own goal than we did on City’s

This really is as bad as it gets

Unread 06-11-2021, 06:24 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueling Banjos
Waterworld?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I was thinking Field of Dreams.

Unread 06-11-2021, 06:46 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Varane and Mengi to start v. Watford, if Varane isn't fit, Jones. Telles and Dalot can play until it's beyond doubt that they're shite too.
Jones?

Oh come on dunc, go and have a cup of tea and a lie down, you’re becoming delirious

Unread 06-11-2021, 06:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Jones?

Oh come on dunc, go and have a cup of tea and a lie down, you’re becoming delirious
He's better than Bailly, and on current form, Maguire.

Unread 06-11-2021, 07:10 PM
silv

the man needs to go with what shred of dignity he has left

Unread 06-11-2021, 07:15 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
dunces (on a par) with wolves? (the postman, obvs.)

Unread 06-11-2021, 08:38 PM
Lodestar

Ole has descended to the level he was at at Cardiff despite the riches available. Time to go after this.

That said, the pattern has been consistent for every manager since Fergie. Hand wringing about tactics, player mindsets and so on.

The people who own the club are on the take big time and that culture seeps right down the entire structure. Only when they go will we see a positive future.

Unread 06-11-2021, 09:02 PM
Hank Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
Ole has descended to the level he was at at Cardiff despite the riches available. Time to go after this.

That said, the pattern has been consistent for every manager since Fergie. Hand wringing about tactics, player mindsets and so on.

The people who own the club are on the take big time and that culture seeps right down the entire structure. Only when they go will we see a positive future.
Yep. We've been on a slow and steady decline since 2009. Picking up a bit of pace now we have a bunch of overpaid overrated charlatans representing us on and off the pitch.

Unread 06-11-2021, 09:06 PM
Sparky***

You'll do well to find a team outside the bottom 4 who look so utterly terrified playing at home.

It's almost comical watching seasoned international, multi million pound footballers visibly shitting themselves at the prospect of playing in front of their own fans.

You can see any lingering belief just drain away the minute the first thing goes against them. It's very surreal at times. A squad assembled at such eye watering cost that is so depressingly fragile.

City weren't great today but they knew what they were doing and put their foot on our neck and kept it there until the game was over. As usual we gifted them two horrendous goals like we do with most teams we play against, they weren't so generous in their defending. They didn't hammer us because they didn't really need to, they didn't get out of 3rd gear truth be told.

We were bullied all over pitch, lost every single 50/50 challenge and even some that were tilted in our favour. Blundered about the place and in the end we seemed content to just drop into our shape and sort of jog about whilst they passed it between themselves. It was every bit as humiliating as the Liverpool game but in a different way, if Liverpool was embarrassing because of the scoreline, this was just as bad because of the absolute ease with which City were able to coast through the game.

This isn't going to magically fix itself, they're not going to find their form i'm afraid. The only thing left is to clear the decks and bring in someone to inject fresh ideas, fresh belief and a bit of confidence in them.

Teams are a reflection of their manager and United are a reflection of theirs. Nice, agreeable, soft and ultimately clueless.

Unread 06-11-2021, 09:24 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
You'll do well to find a team outside the bottom 4 who look so utterly terrified playing at home.

It's almost comical watching seasoned international, multi million pound footballers visibly shitting themselves at the prospect of playing in front of their own fans.

You can see any lingering belief just drain away the minute the first thing goes against them. It's very surreal at times. A squad assembled at such eye watering cost that is so depressingly fragile.

City weren't great today but they knew what they were doing and put their foot on our neck and kept it there until the game was over. As usual we gifted them two horrendous goals like we do with most teams we play against, they weren't so generous in their defending. They didn't hammer us because they didn't really need to, they didn't get out of 3rd gear truth be told.

We were bullied all over pitch, lost every single 50/50 challenge and even some that were tilted in our favour. Blundered about the place and in the end we seemed content to just drop into our shape and sort of jog about whilst they passed it between themselves. It was every bit as humiliating as the Liverpool game but in a different way, if Liverpool was embarrassing because of the scoreline, this was just as bad because of the absolute ease with which City were able to coast through the game.

This isn't going to magically fix itself, they're not going to find their form i'm afraid. The only thing left is to clear the decks and bring in someone to inject fresh ideas, fresh belief and a bit of confidence in them.

Teams are a reflection of their manager and United are a reflection of theirs. Nice, agreeable, soft and ultimately clueless.
I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the only time we’ve looked decent since Ole became permanent manager was when we played in front of empty stadiums

Unread 06-11-2021, 10:18 PM
d_knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Ha ha ha I gave my ticket to my middle child

I’m sat on the settee eating a tunnocks tea cake and he’s getting piss wet through walking to the Met
You're an evil bastard

Lazlo called the score again btw.
Incredible

Unread 06-11-2021, 10:59 PM
Switching Off

Jesus. We were beaten from the first kick. Completely given up.

Unread 06-11-2021, 11:34 PM
marlo

Unread 06-11-2021, 11:47 PM
armchair

The players look confused. They are second-guessing what they are supposed to do rather than being drilled to hardly have to think.

Unread 06-11-2021, 11:51 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
The players look confused. They are second-guessing what they are supposed to do rather than being drilled to hardly have to think.
Interesting... I'm assured that when LvG was trying to instill exactly that it was the worst thing ever

Unread 06-11-2021, 11:56 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Interesting... I'm assured that when LvG was trying to instill exactly that it was the worst thing ever
They ended up second-guessing themselves under van gaal too. They took extra touches constantly while they decided what to do and the football was shit because of that.