United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-11-2011, 11:46 AM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs up Yes

Get Beckham back. Genuinely a no-brainer - I'd love to see him back at Utd.
10 mins left in a CL semi vs City and we get a free kick near the box or a corner. Who do you want? Beckham striding like a Greek God or Shameless's Norma waddling up before blasting it into the wall/first defender on the near post?

Bring Back Beckham. I'd love it.

Unread 18-11-2011, 11:57 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
Get Beckham back. Genuinely a no-brainer - I'd love to see him back at Utd.
10 mins left in a CL semi vs City and we get a free kick near the box or a corner. Who do you want? Beckham striding like a Greek God or Shameless's Norma waddling up before blasting it into the wall/first defender on the near post?

Bring Back Beckham. I'd love it.
It would certainly be a cheap, short term, high profile stop-gap that would draw the attention away from dealing with the problem long term.

Unread 18-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
It would certainly be a cheap, short term, high profile stop-gap that would draw the attention away from dealing with the problem long term.
That it would be

Still think we need to put all our efforts into getting the midfield right - perhaps Rodwell really is a potential future Utd player - but file Beckham under the Larsson/Blanc/Goram category. Class players who have given us a timely boost when we needed them.

Unread 18-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Jethro

Ideal world yes. Reality not a £#%&!ing chance.

Unread 18-11-2011, 12:14 PM
dunk

The idea is far more appealing than the reality would be I reckon. I watched him for L.A. Galaxy against Terry Henry and the Red Bull abomination and he was as anonymous as anyone.

Unread 21-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs up Really

really pleased for him, winning that think with LA Galaxy.

Seriously - how many times has he been written off? At Madrid, England, LA Galaxy?

Every time he just knuckles down, works hard and ends up being part of a team that wins big.

Bloody love Beckham me - right up there one notch below the Charltons/Giggs/Robsons in my eyes. If he'd have stayed here - he would have been on a par with them.

Well done David, I know you lurk on here, congratulations.

Unread 21-11-2011, 12:32 PM
toseeunited

played well apparently, and was involved in the winning goal...

Unread 21-11-2011, 12:38 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
Bloody love Beckham me - right up there one notch below the Charltons/Giggs/Robsons in my eyes.
Jeromes ??? £#%&!ing hell Quigley, old bean, that's taking the Bronn love in, it a bit far.

Unread 21-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
played well apparently, and was involved in the winning goal...

MLS Cup 2011: LA Galaxy vs Houston Dynamo 1-0 GOAL Landon Donovan - YouTube
Cheers mate - good linkage.

Genuinely pleased for him - and that looks like a happy crowd and bunch of players, what a career he has still had.

Unread 21-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Jeromes ??? £#%&!ing hell Quigley, old bean, that's taking the Bronn love in, it a bit far.
I'd take them up on the roof I believe, that's for sure

Unread 21-11-2011, 12:43 PM
believe

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
He'll be here in January

Unread 21-11-2011, 01:01 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
He'll be here in January
we are due a 30+ short term stop gap style signing aren't we...

2001 - Larry White
2007 - Henrik Larsson
2012 - DB723?

Unread 21-11-2011, 01:13 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

i'd £#%&! myself into a coma if he signed for us
definitely able to shine in the centre mid positions imo

Unread 21-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Pop

He's exactly what Utd need. He'd only demand wages of about three hundred thousand pounds a week and bring some badly needed media circus frivolities back to Old Trafford too.

Unread 21-11-2011, 01:43 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
He's exactly what Utd need. He'd only demand wages of about three hundred thousand pounds a week and bring some badly needed media circus frivolities back to Old Trafford too.
Elephants and clowns/Anderson and Gibson. Same difference.

Unread 21-11-2011, 02:00 PM
elhombre

to be fair, he's no worse than what we've already got.... always thought he was a very good player - not world class, but very good and could shake things up a bit.

Unread 21-11-2011, 05:59 PM
toseeunited

Unread 21-11-2011, 07:18 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
wow. copa mls..... essentially the autowindscreen shield of the US of A soccerball franchise league...

well done david, good to see you didn't waste the last few years of your career....

oh...

Unread 21-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
wow. copa mls..... essentially the autowindscreen shield of the US of A soccerball franchise league...

well done david, good to see you didn't waste the last few years of your career....

oh...
What would he have been doing instead?

He would never have lasted full-season campaigns with any top European club. He broke down often enough playing once every 10 days for LA.

Unread 21-11-2011, 07:44 PM
carlosartorial

Love Becks. Top red.
Closed Thread