United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-11-2011, 10:55 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkNowHear
I prefer to remember them as the Royal Oak and the market.
How I miss the Royal Oak, had my 18th party there

Unread 18-11-2011, 10:55 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Going for a pint with your old man is not a party.

Unread 18-11-2011, 10:56 AM
Fountz

Quote:
What's the Marston's Pub on the left if you're coming from Mcr ?

HarkNowHear

Quote:
I used to go in there after knocking on doors for £#%&! NYNEX. It was get pissed or hang myself in the park

jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Going for a pint with your old man is not a party.

Unread 18-11-2011, 10:58 AM
Fountz

Quote:
It was get pissed or hang myself in the park
which one did you go for ?

Unread 18-11-2011, 10:58 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
What's the Marston's Pub on the left if you're coming from Mcr ?
no

the royal oak is/was opposite wythenshawe park, just near my old alma mater

jaffo - its the maccie d's just before lyn pauls house

Unread 18-11-2011, 10:59 AM
HarkNowHear

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
no

Unread 18-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Fountz

Quote:
no

apologies.. didn't realise we'd left Didsbury.

Unread 18-11-2011, 11:01 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
After party!? a few people staggering back to your house after closing time is now called an 'after party' is it?

God help us
OK, get together then

Unread 18-11-2011, 11:01 AM
no fun

CAN i ALSO ADD THAT THE rOYAL oAK/maccie D's is opposite the sacred ground where myself and Hark were raised as children

Unread 18-11-2011, 11:03 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
really ?

irish family, surname began with D ?
Was an irish family but not a D.
It didn't help matters that me and a mate decided to draw on his with permanent marker pen as we thought he was £#%&!ed.....he was dead
First time I;ve seen a policeman walk in on a dead body and laugh at a corpse with elvis sideburns and bushy drawn on eyebrows

Unread 18-11-2011, 11:04 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
CAN i ALSO ADD THAT THE rOYAL oAK/maccie D's is opposite the sacred ground where myself and Hark were raised as children
You grew up in the park? Explains a lot

Unread 18-11-2011, 11:05 AM
no fun

Quote:
It didn't help matters that me and a mate decided to draw on his with permanent marker pen as we thought he was £#%&!ed.....he was dead
First time I;ve seen a policeman walk in on a dead body and laugh at a corpse with elvis sideburns and bushy drawn on eyebrows

oh right, its just that I knew the family of a poor lad from Northern Moor who died after a drinking sesh

Unread 18-11-2011, 11:07 AM
no fun

Quote:
You grew up in the park? Explains a lot
used to be prefabs where the "new estate" is now

got pulled down in 1965, we moved to M23, Harks Mam was in rent arrears so got put in Benchill

Unread 18-11-2011, 11:08 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:

got pulled down in 1965, we moved to M23, Harks Mam was in rent arrears so got put in Benchill

Unread 18-11-2011, 11:09 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:

Unread 18-11-2011, 11:16 AM
HarkNowHear

Quote:

@#%&!

Just found this

I lived with my mam and sisters in one of those prefabs and stayed until they started to pull them down which was great because it was nearlt bonfire night and me and me mates had as much wood and stuff to burn due to us ripping out great chunks of wall from inside empty houses. We used to have to fight off rival gangs as far away as Sharston and Benchill, they either stole all they could carry or just set the bonni on fire. The night before nov 5 we had four fire engines turn up putting out our bonfire which they claimed was a danger to the rest of the enpty prefabs........When our house was next we had the opportunity to go and live in Partington!!! Winsford!!!! or in me mam's words .. Marple in the beautiful Goyt valley, thankfully she chose the latter. we left the prefabs in 1963, but I'll remember them forever, after all that was the first house we ever lived in that had a built-in fridge!!!!

Unread 18-11-2011, 11:19 AM
no fun

Quote:
@#%&!

Just found this

I lived with my mam and sisters in one of those prefabs and stayed until they started to pull them down which was great because it was nearlt bonfire night and me and me mates had as much wood and stuff to burn due to us ripping out great chunks of wall from inside empty houses. We used to have to fight off rival gangs as far away as Sharston and Benchill, they either stole all they could carry or just set the bonni on fire. The night before nov 5 we had four fire engines turn up putting out our bonfire which they claimed was a danger to the rest of the enpty prefabs........When our house was next we had the opportunity to go and live in Partington!!! Winsford!!!! or in me mam's words .. Marple in the beautiful Goyt valley, thankfully she chose the latter. we left the prefabs in 1963, but I'll remember them forever, after all that was the first house we ever lived in that had a built-in fridge!!!!
got something in my eye Hark.........what an idyllic childhood we shared

Unread 18-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
If pinging a 50 yard glory ball is where it's at why don't we just put Rooney in midfield?
That would allow, Hernandez to foarm a partnership up-front with either, Wellbeck, Berbatov Or Owen & I reckon our young mexican is capable of having successful goalscoring partnership with any of those three & of cause there would be the added bonus of, Cleverly alongside, Rooney in midfield
Closed Thread