United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 20-11-2011, 11:55 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Oh, and Sparky, you're just a just a pessimistic @#%&!. Always saying we're going to lose and how you have a gut feeling blah blah blah cockney babble.

I honestly think every game we're going to change up and go back to the times when we would 'go at' a team and make it happen. Now we're 1-0 will do. Yawn.

I just have a strong opinion of what United is. We sacked a manager despite winning games you know. Because he wasn't playing the right way. The United way. I suppose I have high standards of what we should aim for.
i don't like it when you shout at me.

tell me some sex stories.

Unread 21-11-2011, 01:37 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
I'd say it's the other way around. Teams are more clued up. They sit back, knowing United cannot do anything unless you give United space in behind.

Then they have a go on the break.

The problem is United/Ferguson haven't clued up enough to know that when this happens you need someone who can play CENTRALLY to play through the lines and gaps, otherwise you just play percentages off crosses. And if you don't have centre mids willing to join in the attacks then your success rates off those crosses decrease even further.
i reckon fergie's probably worked that one out tbh

Unread 21-11-2011, 11:00 AM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs up

just got your pm pal. you get one for face then?

glad you got sorted

Unread 21-11-2011, 11:02 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
just got your pm pal. you get one for face then?

glad you got sorted
I was sat with some top boys.

Unread 21-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I was sat with some top boys.
didnt ask you did i pal?

Unread 21-11-2011, 11:05 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
didnt ask you did i pal?
Just because I'm topper

Unread 21-11-2011, 11:15 AM
The Return of JC

It's a cliche, but we really have just gone 'back to basics' and it was entirely necessary after our wide open defensive issues finally came to the surface in the worst possible way. We didn't just lose to City, we were humiliated. Fergie admitted it was his worst day as a manager. That's a bold statement and it takes time to recover from that. I mean Fully recover. To start to win AND to play with a swagger and style that only confidence could bring. First things first we had to go back to the foundation of winning just to keep in touch. And that, despite 'the united way', is always a solid defence. Get that and you have a platform to build. We've established that now, won some tricky fixtures, stayed in touch and hopefully, HOPEFULLY we can get some confidence to take up a notch and play with some style. Saturday was never going to be easy and most predicted an upset, so i'd have thought the mood would've been pretty positive with expectations exceeded. I said i would've taken 1-0 beforehand. Aesthetically, it's been poor and hasn't been great to watch, but I think it's been a necessary evil after a genuine shock to the system. And, for all the criticism, I still don't think there's another team in the land who would've won five games in a row after being humiliated 6-1 at home. We've shown good character and responded well. Style should follow.

Unread 21-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Sloane

wow, videos of the crowd
made my day that has

Unread 21-11-2011, 11:18 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
wow, videos of the crowd
made my day that has
Some of us appreciated it actually. Felt like I was there for a minute.

Unread 21-11-2011, 11:21 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
wow, videos of the crowd
made my day that has
sounds like some someone is a bit of a jelly belly pal?

Unread 21-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Sloane

Quote:
sounds like some someone is a bit of a jelly belly pal?
yeah, gutted i couldnt stand there waving around my camera phone.

Unread 21-11-2011, 11:24 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
yeah, gutted i couldnt stand there waving around my camera phone.
aren't we all pal, aren't we all.

heard the games are so boring now that even ferie takes vids of the crowds. cant blame lookingers forers ericers for following suit :ahso:

Unread 21-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Sloane

Quote:

heard the games are so boring now that even ferie takes vids of the crowds. cant blame lookingers forers ericers for following suit :ahso:
too true, it was that bad the other day i just started taking pictures of the cat on photobooth, much more exciting than watching giggs slide a perfectly weighted pass to the swansea centre backs

Unread 21-11-2011, 11:29 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:

Seriously though imagine working a honest working class job and spending all that money to go to swansea and watch that. Hats off to them, I would be sick to spend the money it takes to stay in a pub through a match to watch that.

Unread 21-11-2011, 12:57 PM
lookingforeric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidnapper
£#%&!ing hell who is that fat ginger bearded guy in front of you. Only guy not standing up and he takes up about 3 seats!
Paul Scholes has really let himself go since leaving united

Unread 21-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Seriously though imagine working a honest working class job and spending all that money to go to swansea and watch that. Hats off to them, I would be sick to spend the money it takes to stay in a pub through a match to watch that.
Spot on.