United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 19-01-2007, 11:14 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
wes always plays well against arsenal. arsenal play football, they will not bombard the area with crosses. think what baros did to an exposed vidic last week and multiply by ten.

we are not going to get dicked. we are top of the league and we are the better team. arsenal won at old trafford because we were shit, not because they were any good. if we turn out that kind of nervous, pathetic, introverted performance, we deserve to get dicked (although there is no way they will dick us). if we go there believing that we are better than them and £#%&!ing showing it, arsenal could fall apart. not that it will matter if they fall apart. we will simply overwhelm them. but we won't overwhelm them if we don't show any ambition.
I completely and totally and utterly and really agree.

There are so many areas where the game can be won and lost and so many players that are match winners.

The key will be our approach to the game. Our recent success against them has been because we have asserted ourselves and 'got in their faces' and, as you say Jem, overwhelmed them.

For some reason at OT we failed to do this. It seemed like a conscious decision and we paid for it.

It's almost common knowledge now that Arsenal will rip you apart if you let them play, but if you get at them you can unsettle them.

We need to do this and allow our key players to be aggressive.

Also, we MUST take our chances. No more West Ham and Newcastle performances of playing quite well and missing chances. We need to be clinical and well organised. With a correct approach and a disciplined performance, the flowing football should take care of itself.

Unread 19-01-2007, 11:22 AM
MUFC One Love

They beat us at O.T because we played with 10 men, missing a player in the most vital position - midfield. O' Shea literally did £#%&! all except chase shadows and completely bottle it when he got the ball, when Carrick came on we actually looked good. Carrick and Scholes will be fine in midfield. Sure, we have things to worry about, their threats and stuff, but let's remember we have Giggs, Scholes, Carrick's passing from deep, Ronaldo, Rooney (he'll be fine in this match, just you watch) Saha, Larsson, Ole, Park to come on if we need legs. Loads of options.

Unread 19-01-2007, 11:24 AM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
, when Carrick came on we actually looked good..
he may be playing ok now but thats wrong imo.

it was when carrick came on that they scored and they infact scored with fabregas running with the ball through the centre of the midfield.
a midfield that contained carrick playing IN the centre

Unread 19-01-2007, 11:28 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater™

it was when carrick came on that they scored and they infact scored with fabregas running with the ball through the centre of the midfield.
I know you love to blame Carrick but the fact is, Fergie had just taken Scholes and Rooney off when Carrick came on leaving him nothing to work with. Welost to Arsenal cos Fergie £#%&!ed up the team selection and got the substitutions horribly wrong.

Unread 19-01-2007, 11:32 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I know you love to blame Carrick but the fact is, Fergie had just taken Scholes and Rooney off when Carrick came on leaving him nothing to work with. Welost to Arsenal cos Fergie £#%&!ed up the team selection and got the substitutions horribly wrong.
Correct Cyril.

Unread 19-01-2007, 11:37 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:

So, you're saying O' Shea can tackle and intercept better than Carrick?

Carricks positional sense, tackling and interceptions are far better, throwing him on, to SAVE the game which means try and CREATE something in a game where Arsenal have dominated in midfield, which makes it hard enough as it is, getting use to the pace whilst they're all on a high. Also, didn't O' Shea stay on in a 4-5-1 as we chased the game? O' Shea as the 'enforcer'?

The same O' Shea who had the ball near the back and he was that SCARED he just LEFT the ball for Baptista to run with it.

You don't take into account any other concepts about the game except your personal vendettas and treating things like it's so simple as black and white like saying Carrick cost us the goal just because he had come on, take into the other concepts I have mentioned.

Just the fact that their midfield was on a high dominating the game and Carrick being thrown on is enough to eliminate your silly statement. And we started creating when he came on.

Unread 19-01-2007, 11:39 AM
violater

Quote:
wrong.
get your facts right please.

or cant you remember?

Unread 19-01-2007, 11:39 AM
Whalefish

I actually thought O'Shea was going to break down and cry during that game. So out of his depth it was untrue.

But once again that's Fergies fault as he now considers him a midfielder. Idiot.

Unread 19-01-2007, 11:40 AM
puressence

we lost the game cos arsenal were alot better than us on the day

Unread 19-01-2007, 11:43 AM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
So, you're saying O' Shea can tackle and intercept better than Carrick?

Carricks positional sense, tackling and interceptions are far better, throwing him on, to SAVE the game which means try and CREATE something in a game where Arsenal have dominated in midfield, which makes it hard enough as it is, getting use to the pace whilst they're all on a high. Also, didn't O' Shea stay on in a 4-5-1 as we chased the game? O' Shea as the 'enforcer'?

The same O' Shea who had the ball near the back and he was that SCARED he just LEFT the ball for Baptista to run with it.

You don't take into account any other concepts about the game except your personal vendettas and treating things like it's so simple as black and white like saying Carrick cost us the goal just because he had come on, take into the other concepts I have mentioned.

Just the fact that their midfield was on a high dominating the game and Carrick being thrown on is enough to eliminate your silly statement. And we started creating when he came on.
did i mention o shea little man?

my fact was the goal arsenal scored after carrick came on

Unread 19-01-2007, 11:43 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
we lost the game cos arsenal were alot better than us on the day
Yes, we know, but I'm sure us playing with 10 men helped. I'd like to see how they would do with Justin Hoyte in midfield or somebody this weekend.

Carrick's a joy to watch actually watching him at the game you notice it more, and playing with Scholes makes it even better. The way they create space for each other and keep the ball is fantastic.

Vio, we all know how you raved about Liverpool and their 'world class' midfield, we completely out classed them at O.T, to a level which had me laughing my head off in the Stretty, they couldn't get near us with a 3 man midfield.

Unread 19-01-2007, 11:49 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
did i mention o shea little man?

my fact was the goal arsenal scored after carrick came on
You just get worse, don't you?

Are you £#%&!ing thick?

Yes, that was your fact, a fact which was irrelevant as we have proved. It's also a FACT they score when Scholes and Rooney were taken off. What do you think of that?

What do you think of us opening them up when Carrick came on?

What do you think of him and Scholes outclassing Liverpool's "world class" midfield (tm)? A 3 man midfield as well.

You used a fact which you full well know is irrelevant to have ago at Carrick.

Arsenal passed us to death with O' Shea in there, and when we had the ball, we couldn't keep it with O' Shea passing to them. Please explain this bit Vio instead of calling me little man when your in fact probably 5,5 in your N. Ireland bedsit.

Come on, would Carrick have given it away 9/10 times he had the ball? Would he have been chasing shadows?

Let's forget that though and concentrate on that fact he came on and they scored despite the previous big portion of the game then Scholes and Rooney being taken off and their midfield dominating on a high and Carrick expected to do it alone.

Unread 19-01-2007, 12:09 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
wrong.
get your facts right please.

or cant you remember?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/5330078.stm

Man Utd: Kuszczak, Neville, Ferdinand, Brown, Silvestre (Evra 23), Fletcher, Scholes (Carrick 78), O'Shea, Ronaldo, Rooney (Solskjaer 77), Saha.
Subs Not Used: Heaton, Vidic.

FACTS! Tosser.

Unread 19-01-2007, 12:12 PM
violater

Quote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/5330078.stm

Man Utd: Kuszczak, Neville, Ferdinand, Brown, Silvestre (Evra 23), Fletcher, Scholes (Carrick 78), O'Shea, Ronaldo, Rooney (Solskjaer 77), Saha.
Subs Not Used: Heaton, Vidic.

FACTS! Tosser.
wrong....

the worst thing is you dont know what your wrong about?

Unread 19-01-2007, 01:51 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
wrong....

the worst thing is you dont know what your wrong about?
What?

Unread 19-01-2007, 03:45 PM
Tumescent Throb

Normal XI; Park, Ole, Larsson, Brown and Knutsack on the bench.

4-5-1 (Rooney falling back, anyway) springing to rapier counter-attacking and the occasional killer thrust.

This plan will only work should Wenger actually have the balls to risk taking the game to us. If so we will pick them off in front of us and before long be dominating the match.

I see an early goal from a free-kick as well.

Can't wait for this match. Wish I could get down there

Unread 19-01-2007, 03:46 PM
antonin jablonsky

I'd still like an answer violator?

Unread 19-01-2007, 04:22 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
I'd still like an answer violator?
I think his silence is your answer.

Unread 19-01-2007, 04:31 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I think his silence is your answer.
you don't know vi very well, do you? :0)

Unread 19-01-2007, 04:38 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I think he feels because Vidic is pretty pedestrian when it comes to pace the Arsenal forwards will make him look shit.

And there's a very very good chance of that happening. Defoe and Keane at Spurs last season had him all over the place.
There is also the distinct possibilty that Adebayor will bully Rio and Wes...again
Closed Thread