United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Should be go, effective immediately?
Yes. 132 75.00%
No. 44 25.00%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 10-02-2014, 05:54 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Could we just poison him?
How could anyone tell?

Unread 10-02-2014, 05:55 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
how could anyone tell?
yes!!!

He woiuldn't be picking the £#%&!ing teams and tactics ffs!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread 10-02-2014, 06:05 PM
Manutd1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
all the BS about giving him time as fraggle was given time, Fraggle was an absolute proven winner by the time he pitched up at utd, presumably that's why he got the job, and given time he'd come through, as well he did. But this clump of clowns have never won a thing so whats to suggest they ever will.

Outside of everything else, the guy looks on the verge of a breakdown and he's only been in the job 10 minutes
Wonder if the stress will get to him so much he will need to take time out as he looks like he has aged 50 years...

I didn't want him in the first place though the main thing that put me off was his lack of champions league experience though he seems to be doing quite nicely in that. Though we haven't met the real elite yet....

If he looked like he was trying to play attractive attacking football I would have a lot more patience with him- hate Liverpool but look at them with BR

Don't think he will go for a long time yet. Doesn't help all these comments from SAF that we are not sacking club etc. He will not want to be proved wrong.

Only possibility is if the fans start to really turn at games and the Glazers fear loss of tickets sales. Will be a statement if someone removes the chosen one banner in the middle of a game and it falls into the middle of the pitch...

Unread 10-02-2014, 06:39 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
The only hope is that Fergie has become so appalled by Moyes's ineptitude and utterly cowardly and snide personality, that he's re-found his ruthlessness and will back his players over the mananger, who wants to alleviate himself of responsibility. Moyes's tenure has been in such stark contrast to Fergie's that hopefully this idea that they're 'cut from the same cloth' is something Fergie now feels insulted by

Or he could simply have the club's best interest at heart
how we laughed. that nice mr ferguson admitting he got it all wrong, eh? jen says ok.

Unread 10-02-2014, 07:32 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Surely our two forwards barely passing to each other and the tactics resulting in 82 crosses are intrinsically linked?
you don't honestly believe that Moyes has told the pair of them to form no discernible partnership whatsoever do you

i can't believe you'd even type that tbh

Unread 10-02-2014, 07:41 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Surely our two forwards barely passing to each other and the tactics resulting in 82 crosses are intrinsically linked?
Van Persie only made 15/19 passes in the entire match, and only 2 of them were completed forward passes. 75% possession, massive territorial advantage, 649 attempted passes over the course of the game but you can not find a way to get your best player involved in the game, and he is reduced to playing like a poacher.

Unread 10-02-2014, 07:46 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
you don't honestly believe that Moyes has told the pair of them to form no discernible partnership whatsoever do you

It's not about what a manager tells his players on match day, it's about what he and his staff do with them on the training ground each day. If you really want your team to play a particular way, you design every single training session, every exercise, with that in mind.

Unread 10-02-2014, 07:48 PM
Zorg

This idea that it's a bad thing to have someone in charge for 'only' a few years is bonkers.

I bet Barcelona cringe at only having had four years out of Guardiola. How stupid they must feel. I bet they're well you get the idea.

Unread 10-02-2014, 07:53 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
It's not about what a manager tells his players on match day, it's about what he and his staff do with them on the training ground each day. If you really want your team to play a particular way, you design every single training session, every exercise, with that in mind.
obviously. but if they had any hint of a partnership in training it would be harnessed and would show itself on match-day. you reckon Moyes would have told Yorke and Cole not to act as a partnership? of course he wouldn't ffs

basically both of them have to play every game they're available for. and my guess is that goes for mata as well. good luck with that.

Unread 10-02-2014, 08:11 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
obviously. but if they had any hint of a partnership in training it would be harnessed and would show itself on match-day. you reckon Moyes would have told Yorke and Cole not to act as a partnership? of course he wouldn't ffs

basically both of them have to play every game they're available for. and my guess is that goes for mata as well. good luck with that.
Frankly, no, I don't think Moyes and his staff are trying to develop a style based, to any great extent, around short passing and combination play through the middle. Their entire approach seems to be focused on getting the ball forward quickly and directly, making use of the wings as much as possible. That and crossing. Lots of crossing. This is what their tactics suggest, this is what the team's performances suggest. The approach did not change with different striking personnel, either.

And if Moyes doesn't think van Persie and Rooney can work together, particularly not with Mata in the team, then he should drop one of them. (Personally, I'm very doubtful about squeezing the three of them into the same team regularly.) If he doesn't have the balls to make that kind of decision, then he should do the decent thing and resign.

Unread 10-02-2014, 08:14 PM
jem

Quote:

maybe we could try mata behind the two them as split strikers? stop forcing them together by playing down the wings constantly. give them space to roam. maybe ask the full backs to be a bit more cautious and the midfield more solidly responsible?

we've seen them combine in games, but your repetitive "lack of a partnership" autospiel ignores what everyone else is doing to help them - cross after cross after cross ad inf.

Unread 10-02-2014, 08:19 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Frankly, no, I don't think Moyes and his staff are trying to develop a style based, to any great extent, around short passing and combination play through the middle. Their entire approach seems to be focused on getting the ball forward quickly and directly, making use of the wings as much as possible. That and crossing. Lots of crossing. This is what their tactics suggest, this is what the team's performances suggest. The approach did not change with different striking personnel, either.

And if Moyes doesn't think van Persie and Rooney can work together, particularly not with Mata in the team, then he should drop one of them. (Personally, I'm very doubtful about squeezing the three of them into the same team regularly.) If he doesn't have the balls to make that kind of decision, then he should do the decent thing and resign.

Unread 10-02-2014, 08:35 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

i'm not talking about whether or not they are developing a style or even what that might be though. i'm saying that these two supposedly world class players have no discernible partnership - and that they didn't have last season either. if they did have one then not only would it be irresistible for the the opposition but the basic tactical structure wouldn't prevent it showing itself either. take a look at the ball Mata played RvP in with last week. or the goal Welbeck scored against Spurs. the default option is to get it out wide, but that is not supposed to be at the expense of everything else imo - not at all.

obviously if that's the case then that is an even bigger indictment of the coaching if anything than what you lot are all saying about the crossing.

of course I completely agree with your remedy re not playing them all just because it should work. it doesn't. hopefully they can get a bit of a spark on wednesday because they sure as hell will all be in the side again. results pressure pretty much picks them all.

Unread 10-02-2014, 10:07 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

I honestly believe getting the ball out wide and crossing 82 times in a game reduces the chance of the strikers passing to each other, yes.

Unread 10-02-2014, 10:13 PM
jem

Quote:
I honestly believe getting the ball out wide and crossing 82 times in a game reduces the chance of the strikers passing to each other, yes.
oh, come on.... world class player like rooney should be happy just sniffing the odd knock down from big veep.

who should be happy just trying to knock the ball down. maybe not the rocket janners fired at his head, but one of the looping back post ones, maybe.
Closed Thread