United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 25-10-2021, 01:09 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
What are you bladdering about

What no one can get this team to perform because Ole a man we plucked from Norwegian football can’t
Give over with that shite
Even a competent coach and tactician could get this side to compete in a game against Liverpool never mind a top class one

I thought the biggest positive Ole’s backers have for his time in charge is his recruitment but now that apparently wasn’t him either
i hold fast to the idea that we have no midfield my brother, attack me all you want

Unread 25-10-2021, 01:09 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Of course the manager/coach bears overall repsonsibility but if players don't have an intrinsic motivation to perform to their best then they are part of the problem. At some point players will disagree with coaches and tactics and that's when their will to win and wanting to be the best comes through.

It isn't enough on it's own but if it's missing then it's an issue. Extrinsic motivation with the salaries the players have has diminshed, as has fear, that makes the internal dimension more important.

Nobody stepped up yesterday to bully and shout at the others to drag them up. I think has Sparky has often said we don't have enough strength of character (s).
But they do have it. They had it before and they all seem to have it for their respective countries. So why not right now at United?

I hate drawing comparisons with the corporate world, but if a company hired a CEO with a weak resume and then the company started underperforming, would you really try and put some of the blame on the workers?

Will to win just isn't enough any more. Hasn't been for years. Well drilled teams can easily pass their way around any individual will to win.

Unread 25-10-2021, 01:19 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Which bit is better than Moyes? I mean right now, this season?
Just everyones general demeanour

Unread 25-10-2021, 01:20 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Of course the manager/coach bears overall repsonsibility but if players don't have an intrinsic motivation to perform to their best then they are part of the problem. At some point players will disagree with coaches and tactics and that's when their will to win and wanting to be the best comes through.

It isn't enough on it's own but if it's missing then it's an issue. Extrinsic motivation with the salaries the players have has diminshed, as has fear, that makes the internal dimension more important.

Nobody stepped up yesterday to bully and shout at the others to drag them up. I think has Sparky has often said we don't have enough strength of character (s).
My point is that you are seeing that. I don’t believe they didn’t try, but when you’re at that ‘two sets and break down’ point, then it looks like you’ve stopped. Remember too, it’s relative to who you’re playing. We’re playing one of the best teams in the world. Being just 10% off your maximum is going to leave you eating dust. At our best, we’d struggle with them.

‘Motivation to play their best’ - they’re not being given the platform to play their best. That’s the point. Ole isn’t setting them up to be their best. He’s hanging them out to dry. If Klopp stuck Henderson up front, would you expect him to play his best? If a player doubts a manager, it only takes that little drop, that 10% before it starts to manifest in all different ways.

As for shouting, I saw plenty of it. DDG going nuts, Bruno was yelling at lot, Ronaldo was yelling a lot. It doesn’t really mean anything though. And if anybody should be doing that, it should be the manager. He just sits there, so they take their cues from him. Look at Liverpool and City. Pep and Klopp constantly on it, constantly instructing their players and it shows. They’re full of energy.

Do you hives or believe that if this group of players had been playing under Klopp or pep for years that they wouldn’t be better? The ones who weren’t up to it would have been weeded our, but I’m damn sure it wouldn’t be all of them.

Nobody looks more lost, frustrated and loose right now than Bruno. You can’t question his work rate or his desire to win.

Ronaldo hasn’t scored for four games. He’s one of the finest winners of all time.

Maguire looks hapless after having a strong tournament for England. Same with Shaw. Fred looks better for Brazil.

These are all good pros, I don’t doubt that… but if they’re rudderless they’ll look poor.

I’m not absolving them of responsibility but to criticise how they are when they’re 4-0 down seems to miss the point that we’re 4-0 down because of how we set up and how we perform every week.

Unread 25-10-2021, 01:36 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Our coach has sent us out playing to Federer’s forehead in the middle of the court.
and he's just nutted us full in the face. £#%&!ing hell Roger!

Unread 25-10-2021, 01:47 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
last time: the manager doesnt buy the team, the owners do

no one can get a tune out of these @#%&!s

soz its come to us having words Baron me old mukka, but i have nowt against you and am just venting it's still better than moyes tbf
I like you Drexl but you’re talking some right pony here son.

Unread 25-10-2021, 01:49 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I like you Drexl but you’re talking some right pony here son.
i know

i just think no body in the right mind would take over this imbalanced squad, and i get a bit narky

soz all

Unread 25-10-2021, 02:10 PM
elhombre

After sleeping on it - has anyone worked out what our manager was referring to when he said we're close? Close to what?

Unread 25-10-2021, 02:13 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
After sleeping on it - has anyone worked out what our manager was referring to when he said we're close? Close to what?
10th?

Unread 25-10-2021, 02:16 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
10th?
It comes to something when you don't know how to react to that

We're a bloody good squad of players - let's have it right, but if ole is allowed to stick with us, Christ knows where we will end up

Unread 25-10-2021, 02:18 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
I think he can see like most people that the parts are there for this to be a very successful team, and he wants to be the one to find the solution to the problems we're having.

The general consensus is that he isn't capable of that as he is the problem, but I think most people in his position would maintain the belief they could turn it around, until someone tells them otherwise. This job is the peak of his career (as a football manager), I can't blame him for holding on.

Unread 25-10-2021, 02:19 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
a complete destruction of the club's self esteem.

Unread 25-10-2021, 02:21 PM
AK14

Quote:
Christmas.

Unread 25-10-2021, 02:28 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Finding our DNA

Unread 25-10-2021, 02:32 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Losing 9-0 at home to city?

Unread 25-10-2021, 02:33 PM
Ethers

“ One source cited the lack of understanding between Cristiano Ronaldo and Mason Greenwood as being down to Solskjaer and his inability to force the pair to link up more convincingly. Teammates have noticed that the pair rarely pass to each other in attacking positions and that Ronaldo is becoming visibly irritated by his young teammate's decision to shoot rather than pass in goal-scoring positions”

Ronaldo can £#%&! right off.

Unread 25-10-2021, 02:37 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
“ One source cited the lack of understanding between Cristiano Ronaldo and Mason Greenwood as being down to Solskjaer and his inability to force the pair to link up more convincingly. Teammates have noticed that the pair rarely pass to each other in attacking positions and that Ronaldo is becoming visibly irritated by his young teammate's decision to shoot rather than pass in goal-scoring positions”

Ronaldo can £#%&! right off.

Unread 25-10-2021, 02:37 PM
Ethers

Quote:

My immediate thought too

Unread 25-10-2021, 02:38 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Ronaldo can f*** right off.
have noticed. I'm telling you signing ronaldo was a dreadful idea.

Unread 25-10-2021, 02:38 PM
AK14

Quote: