United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 13-03-2023, 11:24 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Seems not everybody is spotting the potential you are.
what

My point is that it might be a bit premature saying he looks like a west ham player and is as ineffective as depay was. Given that he's already scored more goals than Depay in exactly half the amount of games played.

But nah, let's just presume ETH got this one wrong. If he's not lighting up the PL by now he never will.

Unread 13-03-2023, 11:24 AM
NedKelly

Tbf, you need to have a very high IQ to understand just how good Antony is.

Unread 13-03-2023, 11:57 AM
windy waffles

0 assists this season.

Unread 13-03-2023, 12:06 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
0 assists this season.
I'm pretty confident he'll learn how to do that in the next three years

Unread 13-03-2023, 12:06 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
0 assists this season.
Still keen on rashford going to ipswich pal?

Unread 13-03-2023, 12:07 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Seems not everybody is spotting the potential you are.
the thing is there are quite a few who value how they are seen by other forumistas rather than actually say the truth

the guy doesn’t even look like. £50m player let alone 100m.

If you named a few wingers in the same bracket ) …
raphinha, martinelli, saka , grealish , Diaz,
You be lying if you said he was as good as any of them i don’t think he better than demarai gray

i don’t think I’ve ever seen him beat a man face on and bear down towards goal….

the forum clique will then point to his goal returns but then will patronise you and tell you it’s not about stats when you find then talking rubbish in the weghorst thread. It’s crazy!

Unread 13-03-2023, 12:07 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
0 assists this season.
Wrong.

Unread 13-03-2023, 12:10 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
0 assists this season.
Incorrect, again....

Unread 13-03-2023, 12:15 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
the thing is there are quite a few who value how they are seen by other forumistas rather than actually say the truth

You be lying if you said he was as good as any of them i don’t think he better than demarai gray

i don’t think I’ve ever seen him beat a man face on and bear down towards goal….

the forum clique will then point to his goal returns but then will patronise you and tell you it’s not about stats when you find then talking rubbish in the weghorst thread. It’s crazy!

it's not 'the truth' pal. Aside from actual facts - he cost x amount, he scored x amount, etc, It's all opinions.

Interesting you talking about stats when you still to this day defend Pobga.

Based on what exactly? Certainly not his stats or the amount of money he cost us...?

Unread 13-03-2023, 12:22 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
it's not 'the truth' pal. Aside from actual facts - he cost x amount, he scored x amount, etc, It's all opinions.

Interesting you talking about stats when you still to this day defend Pobga.

Based on what exactly? Certainly not his stats or the amount of money he cost us...?
once again bringing a player who doesn’t play for us to change the subject .

In what way am i still defending pogba exactly . I don’t even mention him and last thing i said i was happy he didn’t sign the new contract with us.

Anyway back to Antony.

In this day and age you have to bring his transfer fee into it.
He is one of the most expensive players in premiership yesterday and at no point as he even been our best player on the pitch, man of the match or produced any where near the quality you’d expect from a player of that price.

you could say the same for sancho although at least with him you can just say it’s not working or we are playing to his strengths
With Antony none of know his game or what he is actually good at. He can find the far post with a cut but other than that is just a mood persona and drag drag drag.

Unread 13-03-2023, 12:25 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
once again bringing a player who doesn’t play for us to change the subject .

In what way am i still defending pogba exactly . I don’t even mention him and last thing i said i was happy he didn’t sign the new contract with us.

Anyway back to Antony.

In this day and age you have to bring his transfer fee into it.
He is one of the most expensive players in premiership yesterday and at no point as he even been our best player on the pitch, man of the match or produced any where near the quality you’d expect from a player of that price.

you could say the same for sancho although at least with him you can just say it’s not working or we are playing to his strengths
With Antony none of know his game or what he is actually good at. He can find the far post with a cut but other than that is just a mood persona and drag drag drag.

Unread 13-03-2023, 12:27 PM
jem

Quote:
tbf, I don't think any of them is better than demarai gray either.

Unread 13-03-2023, 12:30 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Anyway back to Antony.

at no point as he even been our best player on the pitch, man of the match or produced any where near the quality you’d expect from a player of that price.

Back to Antony indeed. Sigh.

Unread 13-03-2023, 12:33 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Still keen on rashford going to ipswich pal?
Na, he can hang around for a bit...

Quote:

100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Incorrect, again....
He has zero assists in the PL...

Unread 13-03-2023, 12:38 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

100%
No offence but I’d say you’re more guilty of that than any other poster.

Bet you didn’t even celebrate when he got the winner against Barca.

Unread 13-03-2023, 12:38 PM
shenwen

Quote:

Is this going to be the new Rashford/Iheanacho?

How that one turn out?

Unread 13-03-2023, 12:43 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Is this going to be the new Rashford/Iheanacho?

How that one turn out?
ok let me be honest

I don’t care if I’m wrong.

I’m talking on a football forum about the team i support. I can be wrong, i can be right it doesn’t change anything other than being reassured I’m human as i too can get things wrong!

Unread 13-03-2023, 12:44 PM
guerreiro

It’s his lack of shoulders that disturb me

Unread 13-03-2023, 12:45 PM
Sparky***

We’re used to seeing wingers at this club attack full backs and get into the box, I don’t really like seeing them constantly coming inside and not really doing anything.

I’d like to see him switch his game up and try to attack the full back more, I don’t care about him doing fancy bits of control on the halfway line, there’s a 6ft 7in striker up front, how about putting the ball on his head?

We’ll see how he develops as he’s only young still but my god we over paid by about 40 mil

Unread 13-03-2023, 12:49 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

You’re comparing him to wingers who have been here more than six months, some have years of experience. Grealish is having a much better season this time round and his output is still less than Antony’s.

I’m going to put this crazy one out there and say that he is better than Damarai Gray.