United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-10-2019, 12:30 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I could argue with this (obvs , new to jem, etc), but... the difference is that robson would never have accepted he couldn't. pogba doesn't even try. maybe people wouldn't think he was a lazy partridge shrugging @#%&! if he broke a sweat and paid attention to what is going on around him.

robson was a world class player. pogba is not even fit to be mentioned in the same sentence.
What if he got hammered after every game like Robbo did?

Yes, they're different. But I don't expect any player to 'carry' United because the concept is nonsense. Pogba works hard enough imo and he really wants to do well. But he lacks focus and I think his self-belief is nowhere near as resilient as people think. He's not a leader. We almost expect him to be because he's the biggest talent, but he isn't and shouldn't have been signed to be one.

Unread 03-10-2019, 12:34 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
the point is that you can't say for sure whether he is injured or faking, but you can say for sure whether he is doing his job on the pitch. I don't think you disagree with the substance, you just don't like the phrase "making it up". it wasn't intended to suggest anyone is lying, but precisely that they are expressing an opinion based on limited information, rather than on something we can all see and judge.
I clearly stated I was making a subjective call but I also stated his performances this season were something we can all judge this season

IMO as the 'main man' they have come up woefully short

If you or any of his defenders see something else and are happy with them , then fair enough , we all see the game differently

Unread 03-10-2019, 03:52 AM
utd99

Maybe he’s got trouble at home.

Unread 03-10-2019, 07:49 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He's not a leader. We almost expect him to be because he's the biggest talent, but he isn't and shouldn't have been signed to be one.
I don't really expect him to be a leader (although it would be nice). I expect him to take responsibility for his own performance and out some effort in and, more importantly, actually focus on the game going on around him. since it is hard to teach awareness, I guess it is never going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
If you or any of his defenders see something else and are happy with them , then fair enough , we all see the game differently
if I'm one of his defenders, he has played his last game for united.

Unread 03-10-2019, 08:28 AM
windy waffles

What I don't get about Ole's comments is he says he doesn't want to risk Pogba on the pitch tonight - what does that say about the other players who put in about 200% more effort than that lazy bastard does? I'd be fuming if I was the other players.

We don't want to risk him but everyone else is fair game....

Unread 03-10-2019, 08:33 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
What I don't get about Ole's comments is he says he doesn't want to risk Pogba on the pitch tonight - what does that say about the other players who put in about 200% more effort than that lazy bastard does? I'd be fuming if I was the other players.

We don't want to risk him but everyone else is fair game....
I assume the other players aren’t carrying injuries

Unread 03-10-2019, 08:40 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I assume the other players aren’t carrying injuries
Is he injured? Fair one. Didn't realise.

Unread 03-10-2019, 08:41 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
What if he got hammered after every game like Robbo did?

Yes, they're different. But I don't expect any player to 'carry' United because the concept is nonsense. Pogba works hard enough imo and he really wants to do well. But he lacks focus and I think his self-belief is nowhere near as resilient as people think. He's not a leader. We almost expect him to be because he's the biggest talent, but he isn't and shouldn't have been signed to be one.
Basically what Mourinho said. Pogba sees himself as a leader, though. He likes the reputation.

Robbo and Cantona were men of few words who did their talking on the pitch. But not with their mouths, with their bloody feet. Occasionally into the crowd.

Poggers is modern fluff.

Unread 03-10-2019, 08:46 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Basically what Mourinho said. Pogba sees himself as a leader, though. He likes the reputation.

Robbo and Cantona were men of few words who did their talking on the pitch. But not with their mouths, with their bloody feet. Occasionally into the crowd.

Poggers is modern fluff.
You’ve obviously never met Robbo

Unread 03-10-2019, 09:34 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
You’ve obviously never met Robbo
Ok ok.

Robbo and Cantona were men of few words who did their talking on the pitch. But not with their mouths, with their bloody feet. Occasionally into the crowd. And were surprisingly long winded in social situations.

Unread 03-10-2019, 09:36 AM
believe

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Ok ok.

Robbo and Cantona were men of few words who did their talking on the pitch. But not with their mouths, with their bloody feet. Occasionally into the crowd. And were surprisingly long winded in social situations.

Unread 03-10-2019, 03:10 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I could argue with this (obvs , new to jem, etc), but... the difference is that robson would never have accepted he couldn't. pogba doesn't even try. maybe people wouldn't think he was a lazy partridge shrugging @#%&! if he broke a sweat and paid attention to what is going on around him.

robson was a world class player. pogba is not even fit to be mentioned in the same sentence.
Spot on.

Unread 07-10-2019, 12:42 PM
waynes ear's

Unread 07-10-2019, 01:07 PM
utd99

When did a film crew become an essential part of training equipment?

Unread 07-10-2019, 02:07 PM
Bunker Buster

Right, so this #@&%! can get over ran by Rochdale's midfield and not turn up for a single league game this season, swan off to Dubai midweek and thinks plonking a £#%&!ing exercise bike on a roof is working hard towards fitness....

£#%&! off.

Massive massive coward.

Unread 07-10-2019, 02:14 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Right, so this #@&%! can get over ran by Rochdale's midfield and not turn up for a single league game this season, swan off to Dubai midweek and thinks plonking a £#%&!ing exercise bike on a roof is working hard towards fitness....

£#%&! off.

Massive massive coward.
this. one of the biggest @#%&!s to ever pull on the shirt.

hope the bike £#%&!ing takes off.

Unread 07-10-2019, 02:27 PM
windy waffles

Quote:

£#%&! off.

Massive massive coward.
Spot on.

Hard work ffs...

Part of me thinks he posts this kind of shit to rile the fans as he knows we can't stand the #@&%!...

Unread 07-10-2019, 02:44 PM
Clownbones

Quote:

£#%&! off.

Massive massive coward.
Do injured players not stay with the team for their recovery anymore?

Maybe travel with the squad and show them some support?

Perhaps know that the club is suffering badly now and that posting a video of yourself in a sunny climate being all positive might not look so great.

Whatever happened to good old 'no comment. Hugs x' blogs?!

Unread 07-10-2019, 02:46 PM
shenwen

Compare with Rashford’s post

#enjoywork - the cheeky, cheeky bastard

Unread 07-10-2019, 03:21 PM
AK14

It’s an assault bike tbf...

But yeah get rid ASAP.

(Pogba not the bike)
Closed Thread