United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-03-2018, 04:15 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Usually to the opposition.
Usually to nobody. But the opposition clear it up quicker because ours don't move off the ball. Except Rashers who's barely played since Sánchez arrived.

Unread 19-03-2018, 04:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Everybody else’s? Where the £#%&! did I say that?

Lack of service is always going to be an issue for a striker. Only a complete moron wouldn’t recognise that.
You said it again

It wasn't just his lack of service, he was doing nothing, everything he touched turned to shit. He's done well to recover tbf.

Unread 19-03-2018, 07:18 PM
sa7

Been much better the past month or so. Has stepped up where others have wilted so fair play to him for that.

Seems a likeable enough sort of lad, but I’m not sure I see a long term Man Utd main centre forward there. You look at our best teams and he’s on the bench at best.

Hope he proves me wrong though

Unread 19-03-2018, 07:29 PM
LFOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Been much better the past month or so. Has stepped up where others have wilted so fair play to him for that.

Seems a likeable enough sort of lad, but I’m not sure I see a long term Man Utd main centre forward there. You look at our best teams and he’s on the bench at best.

Hope he proves me wrong though
Dave is the only one that may get a place. This team is full of meh.

Unread 08-04-2018, 11:08 AM
sub three hours

I like Lukaku, but having watched the game on MOTD again this morning the first goal we scored yesterday was slick passing and movement and that is something that big Rom doesn't really do. I'd think I'd much rather see us with a front 3 of Rashford, Martial and Sanchez for the rest of the season.

Tin hat on.

Unread 08-04-2018, 11:10 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
I like Lukaku, but having watched the game on MOTD again this morning the first goal we scored today was slick passing and movement and that is something that big Rom doesn't really do. I'd think I'd much rather see us with a front 3 of Rashford, Martial and Sanchez for the rest of the season.

Tin hat on.

Nah mate, get Poggers up front

Unread 08-04-2018, 11:13 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
I like Lukaku, but having watched the game on MOTD again this morning the first goal we scored today was slick passing and movement and that is something that big Rom doesn't really do. I'd think I'd much rather see us with a front 3 of Rashford, Martial and Sanchez for the rest of the season.

Tin hat on.

He's been involved in many of our slick passing and better goals this season:

Chelsea at home, twice.
Arsenal away, twice.
Burnley away
Liverpool home

He just wasn't directly involved yesterday.

Wasn't his best game yesterday, but hopefully just a blip in his recent upturn.

Unread 08-04-2018, 11:25 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

Chelsea at home, twice.
Arsenal away, twice.
Burnley away
Liverpool home

Perhaps so. One thing the second half proved though was that if Pogba and Sanchez are allowed to play they are both world class.

Watching Pogba getting into the opposition box is a bloody lot better than watching him collecting the ball from our centre backs and passing one twos with the full backs.

Unread 08-04-2018, 11:27 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:

Perhaps so. One thing the second half proved though was that if Pogba and Sanchez are allowed to play they are both world class.

Watching Pogba getting into the opposition box is a bloody lot better than watching him collecting the ball from our centre backs and passing one twos with the full backs.
Said it on the Pogba thread, but really encouraging to see Sanchez and Pogba combininf and playing well together. Fitting them in is a headache.

Pogba also mentioning to Henry how Sanchez has basically told him, 'make those runs and I'll find you'

Unread 08-04-2018, 11:54 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Said it on the Pogba thread, but really encouraging to see Sanchez and Pogba combininf and playing well together. Fitting them in is a headache.

Pogba also mentioning to Henry how Sanchez has basically told him, 'make those runs and I'll find you'

It begs the question as to why Jose plays defensively with the players he has at his disposal. Attack is the best form of defence at the end of the day surely?

When Jose released the parking brake in the second half the bus absolutely steamrollered through Citeh. When we got it to 3 -2 though he again tried to go defensive and nearly lost us the game.

I really hope that Jose learns that the best way to win games, when you have excellent attacking players is......... to attack

Unread 08-04-2018, 12:09 PM
Cream

Quote:

Chelsea at home, twice.
Arsenal away, twice.
Burnley away
Liverpool home

Happy with him getting the £#%&! out the way in some games. Shows the versatility of the side.

Unread 08-04-2018, 12:32 PM
andyroo

He was awful yesterday tbh, frozen on the big occasion again and his touch would make Baby Jesus cry. That break on about 80 minutes

Worked his hole off though, doesn't give up when it's not happening for him, well not any more anyway (can't quite forget the last derby). But he's a good lad Romelu, and a team player. Not convinced he's good enough but that's not his fault.

Unread 08-04-2018, 01:23 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
He was awful yesterday tbh, frozen on the big occasion again and his touch would make Baby Jesus cry. That break on about 80 minutes

Worked his hole off though, doesn't give up when it's not happening for him, well not any more anyway (can't quite forget the last derby). But he's a good lad Romelu, and a team player. Not convinced he's good enough but that's not his fault.
All of this. He seems genuinely passionate about playing for United and trying to win games, he's just not very good.

Unread 08-04-2018, 01:36 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:

It begs the question as to why Jose plays defensively with the players he has at his disposal. Attack is the best form of defence at the end of the day surely?

When Jose released the parking brake in the second half the bus absolutely steamrollered through Citeh. When we got it to 3 -2 though he again tried to go defensive and nearly lost us the game.

I really hope that Jose learns that the best way to win games, when you have excellent attacking players is......... to attack
Just to be clear, are you offering managerial advice to the most successful manager on the planet?

Unread 08-04-2018, 01:38 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Just to be clear, are you offering managerial advice to the most successful manager on the planet?

Unread 08-04-2018, 01:41 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:

Unread 08-04-2018, 01:41 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Where did he mention Joe Kinnear?

Unread 08-04-2018, 02:11 PM
sub three hours

Quote:

True though, innit ?

Unread 09-04-2018, 05:45 AM
Kangared

Big Rom's worst game for Utd by some distance. Everything he touched [ & it wasn't much] turned to shit. He won little in the air & never held the ball up once iirc.

Still think he's been one of our best this season behind Matic who has been outstanding.

Unread 09-04-2018, 06:33 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Big Rom's worst game for Utd by some distance. Everything he touched [ & it wasn't much] turned to shit. He won little in the air & never held the ball up once iirc.

Still think he's been one of our best this season behind Matic who has been outstanding.
Agree with this.

His supply has ben almost non existent. Cross the ball into the box and he scores 9/10 times. Bad day Saturday but his form before that has been very good. He's had his off games and off periods but everyone (apart fron DDG) has. His have been highlighted though because of the price, who he plays for and what strikers we've had before him. Imagine we'd signed Morata instead ffs
Closed Thread