United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-12-2019, 11:32 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
If I’m being honest my problem with it lies in the reports that Raiola wanted a more direct hand (read: control) in any future sale of him, with a percentage of said sales on top. Basically meaning they could up and say bye bye whenever.

Also, Raiola has been nothing but trouble for us. No regrets. No surrender.
Don’t disagree with any of that.

I just don’t trust the owners to have made this decision with the best interest of the club in mind... ‘Football decision’ etc

Not buying it.

Unread 29-12-2019, 11:32 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

I just don’t trust the owners to have made this decision with the best interest of the club in mind... ‘Football decision’ etc

Not buying it.
What was it then?

Unread 29-12-2019, 11:35 PM
dunk

Quote:

Not buying it.
They’ve not made any decision, they’ve made an offer and Raiola and Haaland have accepted a better one in their eyes. Good luck to them. We want players that want to come to United not players that use us as a pawn to up their own ante.

Unread 29-12-2019, 11:36 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
What was it then?
Something about his lack of nutmeg stats apparently.

No wonder you’re chuffed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
They’ve not made any decision, they’ve made an offer and Raiola and Haaland have accepted a better one in their eyes. Good luck to them.
Thought the press releases flying around are we wouldn’t match what they wanted?

If that’s the case then we’ve made a decision not to match it.

Unread 29-12-2019, 11:44 PM
utd99

Quote:

Oh dear.

Unread 30-12-2019, 12:13 AM
Cream

Quote:
I just don’t get it.

I couldn’t give two £#%&!s how much raiola gets in fees or if a release clause is in the kids contract. We’d have one of the brightest talents in football for less than 50m...

Worst case we sign him and double our money on him in a few years. Big deal, it’s a business at the end of the day.

Dortmund don’t seem to have a problem with the structure of the deal?

Meh, it is what is and was pretty obvious he wasn’t coming here anyway. Wouldn’t be surprised if we’re briefing the media that we’ve pulled out to save face tbh.
Would we though?

What's the buyout clause Raiola wanted to insert? What percentage of the sale did he demand?

He's better off where he ended up, at a selling club.

Unread 30-12-2019, 12:17 AM
dunk

Quote:

Thought the press releases flying around are we wouldn’t match what they wanted?

If that’s the case then we’ve made a decision not to match it.
I’d imagine what they wanted from United and what they wanted from Dortmund were different things. And we wouldn’t agree to the conditions, so not the deal they wanted.

Unread 30-12-2019, 12:25 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I’d imagine what they wanted from United and what they wanted from Dortmund were different things. And we wouldn’t agree to the conditions, so not the deal they wanted.
Not sure tbh pal.

From what I’ve seen it says Dortmund were happy to pay Haaland, Haaland Snr and Railoa what we weren’t and happy with the extra demands.

Who knows what’s true and what’s BS tbf. Loads of good points have been made (not by utd99 obvs) regarding staying clear of Raiola etc. But my lack of trust in the people running the club makes me question the reasons why we didn’t sign him.

Unread 30-12-2019, 01:54 AM
utd99

Quote:
Not sure tbh pal.

From what I’ve seen it says Dortmund were happy to pay Haaland, Haaland Snr and Railoa what we weren’t and happy with the extra demands.

Who knows what’s true and what’s BS tbf. Loads of good points have been made (not by utd99 obvs) regarding staying clear of Raiola etc. But my lack of trust in the people running the club makes me question the reasons why we didn’t sign him.
Well you said we were trying to save money if that helps your recall.

Welcome.

Unread 30-12-2019, 09:06 AM
Patty_b

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Because that's dortmund's business model. They sell onto bigger clubs and their players regularly £#%&! off for free to Bayern Munich. They can't match the wages. That's a great model if you want to constantly play 2nd fiddle to a bigger more financially powerful club.

But if you want to build a team for the future, what's the point if you're signing players who potentially could £#%&! off in 2 years when someone meets their buy out clause?

I may not agree with a lot of what the club do but i'm with them 100% on this one.
Yep, I would've loved to this kid in a United shirt if he wasn't represented by that fat shitbag. But unfortunately he is, so he can do one. Pass on every player that he represents from now on.

I can't be long until other top clubs start to do the same. Seems to be really starting to push his luck with the amount of clauses and control he wants over players clubs are forking out significant amounts of money on.

Unread 30-12-2019, 09:58 AM
Vedder

The correct decision walking away from that. 50m buy out these @#%&!s see us as a small club we’re probably run like one tbf but still £#%&! off

Unread 30-12-2019, 10:17 AM
Albert Tatlock

We have Rashford, Martial and Greenwood who are all of Utd standard, but we're light in midfield, especially with Pogba being half arsed or leaving. Spend the money on a midfielder

Unread 30-12-2019, 10:25 AM
Cream

Can only imagine that Ole thought he could sell the lad on United and get him to go against his agent and father.

Pretty naive from Ed and Ole.

Glad we swerved the deal but begs the question, why pursue in the first place?

Unread 30-12-2019, 10:51 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
We have Rashford, Martial and Greenwood who are all of Utd standard, but we're light in midfield, especially with Pogba being half arsed or leaving. Spend the money on a midfielder
This.

I was with Berbatov, we dont need this Brock Lesnar / Pat Butcher hybrid ffs.

We need midfielders.

You know who I am looking forward to seeing?

Diego Dalot back.

A top notch creative Eriksen style player would help us immensely

Unread 30-12-2019, 10:53 AM
shenwen

Hope the ugly bastard gets Keaned in his first game and his agent has a heart attack in the stands.

Happy New Year!

Unread 30-12-2019, 11:01 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Can only imagine that Ole thought he could sell the lad on United and get him to go against his agent and father.

Pretty naive from Ed and Ole.

Glad we swerved the deal but begs the question, why pursue in the first place?
No harm in pursuing. Actually may be good that the club has publicly in some way, refused to meet these stupid demands.

Unread 30-12-2019, 11:17 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
https://twitter.com/drcassole/status...935510528?s=21

The correct decision walking away from that. 50m buy out these c***s see us as a small club we’re probably run like one tbf but still f*** off
50m?!

Unread 30-12-2019, 11:50 AM
windy waffles

Little #@&%!.

Dortmund FFS?

Agree with the majority of the posts however. Dortmund have paid what Riola wants as they know they will recoup the money and more in a couple of years.

Unread 30-12-2019, 11:56 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
No harm in pursuing. Actually may be good that the club has publicly in some way, refused to meet these stupid demands.
The harm might be that we wasted time and resources on a wild goose chase, serving only to help Raiola with the demand he placed upon Dortmund.

'United are seriously interested, the lad's extremely ugly head might get turned, but if you were to fill my fat pockets sufficiently...'

Raiola publicly stated his aim and won. Ed's pants are around his little ankles.

Unread 30-12-2019, 11:59 AM
Pop

£#%&! the German scousers. They're nothing but Raiola's bitches now, I hope its Bayern that swipes the albino @#%&! from under their noses in 18 months time.
Closed Thread