Neville--Vidic--Rio--Evra
Ronaldo--Scholes--Alonso--Giggs
--------Rooney--Torres

nft

Unread 07-10-2007, 11:15 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Caz
Squad maybe. But Carrick wouldn't make the first team.
Dismantling this thread in one swift statement. Anything else?

Unread 07-10-2007, 11:16 PM
Red Caz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
Dismantling this thread in one swift statement. Anything else?
I didn't mention Evra. I just don't see Carrick in our first team. Anything else Shrek?

Unread 07-10-2007, 11:17 PM
Red Caz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
----------Reina
--------Rooney--Torres

nft
No further Tyskie because you've clearly had enough?

Unread 07-10-2007, 11:24 PM
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
----------Reina
--------Rooney--Torres

nft
i thought neville was dead?
also, no gerrard?

Unread 07-10-2007, 11:24 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
I didn't mention Evra. I just don't see Carrick in our first team. Anything else Shrek?
Yes actually. You're presumably trying to side with what they're saying (i know that's hard) and you've not even managed that, as the quote was Re:Carrick and Re:Squad.

Or are you trying to side with them?

Unread 07-10-2007, 11:29 PM
legendary saf

I actually laugh when rival fans refer to us as 'Manure'.

And thanks for those posts FS, good laugh.

Unread 07-10-2007, 11:32 PM
poppy

Apart from goalkeeper and central midfield (Gerrard for Carrick - and I actually think Carrick has more class than Gerrard but just lacks his power, pace and all-round athleticism) I think we have them beat in every position.

The thing is, who cares? The last time I checked, football was a team game. It's what the sum of the parts add up to that counts. They could be better in every postion for all I give a shit, as long as we keep turding on them from a great height, year after year, like we do now.

It will be another 20+ plus points again this season.

Unread 07-10-2007, 11:34 PM
Zorg

Thumbs up

Rooney's past his best

Unread 07-10-2007, 11:42 PM
johnfuego

What's this guff about a groin injury ending Scholes' career?

Unread 07-10-2007, 11:42 PM
Red Caz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
Yes actually. You're presumably trying to side with what they're saying (i know that's hard) and you've not even managed that, as the quote was Re:Carrick and Re:Squad.

Or are you trying to side with them?
Carrick may make the bench depending on injuries.

I don't sponsor mongs so the sunshine variety LFC site can £#%&! off, feelings I'm sure you have for some of your sites.

Unread 07-10-2007, 11:49 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Carrick may make the bench depending on injuries.

I don't sponsor mongs so the sunshine variety LFC site can £#%&! off, feelings I'm sure you have for some of your sites.
carrick was absolutely superb through last season. how was alonso?

[SIZE="1"](you might find it a tricky one as he went missing most of the time)

defence - i wouldn't take a single one of the liverpool back five. cech from chelsea, yes. but that's it.

m/f - gerrard and essien. but they'd be fighting it out for one place. and essien would win.

attack - rooney and tevez are the form pair, but tevez needs to show it over a long time. so rooney and torres. drogba's great but i wouldn't pay to watch him.

taken over time the table doesn't lie, caz. and something's a bit wrong if all these liverpool players are world beaters and you can't get out of 4th.

Unread 08-10-2007, 12:29 AM
Red Caz

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

m/f - gerrard and essien. but they'd be fighting it out for one place. and essien would win.
He wouldn't you know.

Unread 08-10-2007, 12:32 AM
Red Caz

Quote:
attack - rooney and tevez are the form pair, but tevez needs to show it over a long time. so rooney and torres. drogba's great but i wouldn't pay to watch him.
Voronin has outscored Tevez. When are you starting this "form" guide from Borsuk?

Unread 08-10-2007, 12:44 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Voronin has outscored Tevez. When are you starting this "form" guide from Borsuk?
he's outscored rooney as well. and? if scoring goals is the only criterion then we should all be drooling over, er, mwaruwari. i'm talking about overall play. tevez has been superb for the last three games and is getting better and better.

(portsmouth, btw)

Unread 08-10-2007, 12:55 AM
Red Caz

Quote:
he's outscored rooney as well. and? if scoring goals is the only criterion then we should all be drooling over, er, mwaruwari. i'm talking about overall play. tevez has been superb for the last three games and is getting better and better.

I was looking to Tevez as your nearest (in numbers to Voronin) goalscorer. Simply because you and I cannot predict the rest of the season. So we surely must be judging our strikeforces on goals scored.

Over the course of a season you're looking at chances.Give me a 30 goal a year man who is not a classic footballer over a ten goal a year striking god any day of the week.

Unread 08-10-2007, 01:05 AM
borsuk

Quote:
I was looking to Tevez as your nearest (in numbers to Voronin) goalscorer. Simply because you and I cannot predict the rest of the season. So we surely must be judging our strikeforces on goals scored.

Over the course of a season you're looking at chances.Give me a 30 goal a year man who is not a classic footballer over a ten goal a year striking god any day of the week.
and there we have the difference between our teams. you see, we sold a 30 a year striker to real the other year because, for us, the effectiveness of a striker at putting the ball in the net is not the main thing. our team is set up to score goals from all over because it is set up to take chances and attack, not to defend and nick the odd goal.

yes, we've started slowly. yes, you've ('d ) started quickly. but tell me honestly, do you really think that liverpool will outscore united this year? honestly?

united will be top scorers this season, as they are virtually every season. and they'll do it without a prolific striker.

tevez is the form player because he's playing well. voronin would not be on the united bench, i'm afraid.

Unread 08-10-2007, 03:35 PM
Gazw649

To be fair, some of the people on here are as worse as them.

Unread 08-10-2007, 03:42 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazw649
To be fair, some of the people on here are as worse as them.
clearly not as bad as your grammar though, old boy.

Unread 08-10-2007, 03:47 PM
Stickman

I must be the only one who thinks VDS is better than Reina.

Reina is a clanger keeper, just Barthez, no more. Good pen stopper mind you.

VDS isnt great either but hes at least very dependable.
Closed Thread