Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Who would you rather have on the wing
Antony 9 18.75%
Dan James 39 81.25%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 30-12-2023, 10:25 PM
Chris Quayd

Default Antony vs Dan James

Who is better, that is to say who is the least shit.

Unread 30-12-2023, 10:29 PM
silv

Unread 30-12-2023, 10:50 PM
atticusgrinch

Dan James was £#%&!ing shit, but at least he was fast.

Unread 30-12-2023, 11:01 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Liam Miller (now.)

Unread 30-12-2023, 11:06 PM
est.1878

Some players just get to a point where they will never turn it round, even if (big if) potentially capable. Needs binning off more than anyone, definite nob head also.

Unread 30-12-2023, 11:10 PM
Stickman

James was a footballing crime, but he gets the nod.

Unread 30-12-2023, 11:13 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
So much anti-Brazilian propaganda on here. £#%&!ing putas!
Don't post racist, homophobic, transphobic, anti-semitic, libellous, defamatory, sexist or bigoted messages

Unread 30-12-2023, 11:14 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Don't post racist, homophobic, transphobic, anti-semitic, libellous, defamatory, sexist or bigoted messages
Sorry I’ve deleted. I’ve had a few.

Unread 31-12-2023, 10:28 AM
flixton

Sid James would be better.

Unread 31-12-2023, 12:04 PM
Coracao

James whilst limited at least had pace. Antony is just flat out awful

Unread 31-12-2023, 12:59 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
James whilst limited at least had pace. Antony is just flat out awful
Antony is easily one of the worst players I’ve ever seen play for us.

Can’t get my head around any manager that would include a player that limits us to the extent Antony does. For that same manager to have fully understood his limitations whilst at Ajax to then seek him out and secure his transfer to United for an extortionate unjustifiable fee is just mind blowing.

I would by sympathetic with ten hag if he inherited shit like Antony. But £#%&!ing hell - to knowingly saddle the club with a player so £#%&!ing shit is unforgiveable.

There are so many reasons to be upset with ten hag but for me the Antony thing is the probably worst.

Unread 31-12-2023, 03:32 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

Can’t get my head around any manager that would include a player that limits us to the extent Antony does. For that same manager to have fully understood his limitations whilst at Ajax to then seek him out and secure his transfer to United for an extortionate unjustifiable fee is just mind blowing.

I would by sympathetic with ten hag if he inherited shit like Antony. But £#%&!ing hell - to knowingly saddle the club with a player so £#%&!ing shit is unforgiveable.

There are so many reasons to be upset with ten hag but for me the Antony thing is the probably worst.
That’s wheee I’m at. He’s symbolic of the mess we are in. Spent a season’s budget more on less on a player that the manager has intimate knowledge of and yet couldn’t see how obvious his limitations were.

I gave him some benefit of the doubt in his first season. Surely he’s better than

Unread 31-12-2023, 03:33 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
That’s wheee I’m at. He’s symbolic of the mess we are in. Spent a season’s budget more on less on a player that the manager has intimate knowledge of and yet couldn’t see how obvious his limitations were.

I gave him some benefit of the doubt in his first season. Surely he’s better than
Bad health and safety to be posting while on a slide.

Unread 31-12-2023, 03:35 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

That’s where I’m at. He’s symbolic of the mess we are in. Spent a season’s budget more on less on a player that the manager has intimate knowledge of and yet couldn’t see how obvious his limitations were.

I gave him some benefit of the doubt in his first season. Surely he’s better than this one-note cut inside merchant. But seems like this is all he is. And we’ve been saddled with him - yet another player we will never shift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Back of a taxi

Unread 31-12-2023, 03:39 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red

Unread 31-12-2023, 06:27 PM
Zorg

I suspect even Antony was confused when we offered that much. ‘Me? You sure? Erm… ok but I can’t promise anything’

I’d take Dan James every time.

Unread 31-12-2023, 08:45 PM
westcoastvan

Daniel James cost £15 million
Antony cost £86 million

It's pretty damning that James is winning this poll by a landslide.

Unread 01-01-2024, 09:37 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
That’s where I’m at. He’s symbolic of the mess we are in. Spent a season’s budget more on less on a player that the manager has intimate knowledge of and yet couldn’t see how obvious his limitations were.

I gave him some benefit of the doubt in his first season. Surely he’s better than this one-note cut inside merchant. But seems like this is all he is. And we’ve been saddled with him - yet another player we will never shift.

Back of a taxi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I suspect even Antony was confused when we offered that much. ‘Me? You sure? Erm… ok but I can’t promise anything’

I’d take Dan James every time.
NYE + driver charging triple fare?

All hindsight but hard to disagree. Yeah, and then there’s the fee… Murtough?

Unread 01-01-2024, 10:59 AM
browser

Hojlund would be so much better off with a direct right winger heading for the byline and putting balls into the box first time.

Amad looked a significant upgrade the other night, just because he did things quickly. Should be between him and Garnacho on the right for the rest of the season, hopefully we can get another backup 9 on loan in January too.

Unread 01-01-2024, 11:19 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Hojlund would be so much better off with a direct right winger heading for the byline and putting balls into the box first time.

Amad looked a significant upgrade the other night, just because he did things quickly. Should be between him and Garnacho on the right for the rest of the season, hopefully we can get another backup 9 on loan in January too.
Been banging this drum for a long time. It’s now well acknowledged that service into Hoijlund is the worst of any striker in the prem. in Antony we have a player that simply can’t advance an opportunity if it involves going on the outside of a defender or god forbid, getting anywhere close to the byline. He always has to stop, turn round to face our goal and play a back or side pass. It absolutely kills us.

Everyone shrieks about not playing him on the other wing but it would radically improve his service into the centre. Better still, don’t play him at all and instead use a player that has two feet.

A terrible signing - pound for pound possibly the worst I can think of.