United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-04-2008, 01:07 PM
Zorg

Thumbs up Thierry Henry

Superb contribution when he came on I thought. Got United a corner out of £#%&! all and did his trademark 'cut inside and try and curl it in' shot which van der Sar just about managed to save.

Unread 30-04-2008, 01:09 PM
MUFC One Love

Made it sweet seeing that @#%&! walk off at the end sulking.

Unread 30-04-2008, 01:11 PM
S/Side.Red

Didn't look bothered at all, did he?

Seems to struggle with the concept of the entire club not being based around him.

Unread 30-04-2008, 01:37 PM
ScarFace

£#%&!ing brilliant when he lost the ball, chased it down, then £#%&!ed up for the corner, but i felt so jinxy " wayyying " at it.

Thank god that's all %@#$&!s

Unread 30-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Billy Baroo

when he came on i felt properly sick

this image popped in my head of him scoring then doing his finger wagging celebration with that look on his face that says "oh no, i'm just too good, did you see that? i want to suck myself off"

Unread 30-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Child of Darkness

really enjoyed that @#%&!s shitty performance

hes finished IMO

Unread 30-04-2008, 01:43 PM
marlo stansfield

i think he tried to show off when he passed the ball back to the keeper and £#%&!ed it up.

Unread 30-04-2008, 02:03 PM
Serenity Now

Ohhh Thierry Henry, you went to Barcelona and you had a sulk!

Unread 30-04-2008, 02:05 PM
Wafty Crank

His usual "big game" performance, I thought.

Doesn't like it in a big pond, does he?

Unread 30-04-2008, 02:11 PM
S/Side.Red

There was a moment about five minutes from the end when the ball went through to van Der Sar, who decided to wait until he was pressurised before picking it up. Henry just stood there, watching. Messi had to give him a shout and beckon him forward to force Edwin to pick it up.

Five minutes from the end of a European Cup semi-final exit. It was quite incredible.

Unread 30-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
There was a moment about five minutes from the end when the ball went through to van Der Sar, who decided to wait until he was pressurised before picking it up. Henry just stood there, watching. Messi had to give him a shout and beckon him forward to force Edwin to pick it up.

Five minutes from the end of a European Cup semi-final exit. It was quite incredible.
and to think some clowns on here were suggesting we should buy him in the summer...Or at least they would take him if available. @#%&!s like him do not deserve the honour.

Unread 30-04-2008, 02:18 PM
Tiberian

He and Etoo look shadows of the players they were. 2 of the best forwards of the last 10 years but both have struggled this season.

There is a lack of young strikers coming through worldwide to replace these players, seems to be something of a dearth at this moment.

Unread 30-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Rhodzy

He's only done it in 1 league. RVN >>>>> Henry

Unread 30-04-2008, 02:22 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
He and Etoo look shadows of the players they were. 2 of the best forwards of the last 10 years but both have struggled this season.

There is a lack of young strikers coming through worldwide to replace these players, seems to be something of a dearth at this moment.
Benzema? Aguero? David Silva? Jovetic? Huntelaar? some good one's kicking around imo.

I agree Henry is finished but then again he looked way past his best in his last season for Arsenal. Etoo has struggled with injuries this season tbh and that's probably the reason for his rather quiet campaign. I think he played like a man who knew his future lies elsewhere last night and I fully expect him to leave in the summer.

Unread 30-04-2008, 02:27 PM
ScarFace

Eto looked really chuffed when running off, asthough Barca were through n he was being rested. Very odd. Would'nt sign him even for a penny.

Unread 30-04-2008, 02:27 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
He's only done it in 1 league. RVN >>>>> Henry
hilarious wum.

Unread 30-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Eto looked really chuffed when running off, asthough Barca were through n he was being rested. Very odd. Would'nt sign him even for a penny.
eh?

he worked like a beast pressurising our defence then sprinted off so as not to waste any time. proper team player with a work ethic to go along with skill pace and a healthy dash of arrogance

since coming back from his injury he has scored 14 in 15 league appearances

none of our strikers looked much like scoring either to be fair across the whole tie but we know they aren't shite

i'd have him at OT in a breath

Unread 30-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Mark Corrigan

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
eh?

he worked like a beast pressurising our defence then sprinted off so as not to waste any time. proper team player with a work ethic to go along with skill pace and a healthy dash of arrogance

since coming back from his injury he has scored 14 in 15 league appearances

none of our strikers looked much like scoring either to be fair across the whole tie but we know they aren't shite

i'd have him at OT in a breath
Me too

Unread 30-04-2008, 02:37 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Benzema? Aguero? David Silva? Jovetic? Huntelaar? some good one's kicking around imo.
Benzema is probably being watched by every big club, fits the bill of a modern day forward, physcially powerful, quick, but with excellent technique, Aguero and Silva are more second strikers, know very little about Jovetic.

Huntelaar needs a move before he stagnates in the dutch league.

When Eto'o and RVN are moved on these young players will probably get the chance at the big clubs.

No doubt that the generation of Ronaldo, Henry, Shevchenko, Etoo, RVN, Crespo is coming to an end though.

Unread 30-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Benzema is probably being watched by every big club, fits the bill of a modern day forward, physcially powerful, quick, but with excellent technique, Aguero and Silva are more second strikers, know very little about Jovetic.

Huntelaar needs a move before he stagnates in the dutch league.

When Eto'o and RVN are moved on these young players will probably get the chance at the big clubs.

No doubt that the generation of Ronaldo, Henry, Shevchenko, Etoo, RVN, Crespo is coming to an end though.
eto'o is only 26 or 27
Closed Thread