United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-08-2007, 10:39 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
jc ..according to a player from bolton who i spoke to anelka does not have any attitude problems at all he just keeps himself to himself
I know. He's been the perfect pro since going there (in difficult cirumstances because they don't suit his style at all) and if you didn't know his history you'd just see a mild mannered Frenchman.

I don't think it would be a problem and I'd love to see him here. He'd be ideal, but I genuinely don't think we're interested.

He'd be here by now if we were and Fergie has already all but ruled out a move for striker.

Can't see it happening. Sorry Pure.

Unread 20-08-2007, 10:40 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
we didn't really need Tevez imo, although i'm glad we've got him. if Saha will be fit by the end of the month, we'll be ok. if not, we need to get someone in. no doubt fergie is looking for free transfers. nft.
jardel?

romario?

Unread 20-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Whalefish

It'll be January when we realise he isn't up to much and that stay of execution is ended. I hope to be proven wrong as he's a very good player when fit however I can't help but feel we're setting ourselves up for a fall by putting too much stock in his return.

As for buying a new striker in January, oh dear.

Unread 20-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
jardel?
Ha ha ha, do you remember when he turned up to play for Bolton? £#%&!ing hell what a fat tubbster he was.

Not bad in his day though.

Unread 20-08-2007, 10:56 AM
puressence

Jc ..according To Another Site ..gill Was Spotted With Anelkas Advisors Weeks Ago Discussing Him

Unread 20-08-2007, 10:57 AM
dunk

When have United ever spent big money on a 28/29 year old?

Anelka is neer going to happen, it would be a knee jerk signing and United never do that, or at least they don't do it and spend £10m.

The only chance of a striker is if they have one in their sights and have had for a while and they decide to bring forward the purchase a la Ronaldo and Rooney.

Unread 20-08-2007, 10:58 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Jc ..according To Another Site ..gill Was Spotted With Anelkas Advisors Weeks Ago Discussing Him
Oooh!.....

Unread 20-08-2007, 11:00 AM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I know. He's been the perfect pro since going there
Apart from saying he wanted to move to Arsenal in the January transfer window you mean?

Unread 20-08-2007, 11:01 AM
hopkins

Quote:
They read it in Red Issue?

Unread 20-08-2007, 11:03 AM
captain scarlet

Quote:
that my opinion
Given a one or the other scenario I tend to agree.

Unread 20-08-2007, 11:10 AM
Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowers of Manchester
Should have made my point my clearer.

Tevez will be great that is not on debate.

I just think we need a striker with genuine pace and can finish (like Saha) to change things up abit when required. Like yesterday if that was Saha or Anelka they would have been clean through twice.

We cant rely on Saha so hence Anelka is needed, someone who can finish, can help in the build up and has pace.
now I agree with you

Unread 20-08-2007, 11:15 AM
UnitedRoad

Default i say

dust down the bedsheet!

Unread 20-08-2007, 11:27 AM
Throw

What I like about Anelka is that he has the promise of tomorrow in his eyes.

You'd just have to hope if we signed him - the guy's gonna stay for more than just a day.

Unread 20-08-2007, 11:29 AM
UnitedRoad

Default thing is though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw
What I like about Anelka is that he has the promise of tomorrow in his eyes.

You'd just have to hope if we signed him - the guy's gonna stay for more than just a day.
we're caught in a trap

Unread 20-08-2007, 11:30 AM
Jack Duckworth

didn't think you liked muslims, pure?

what if he turns young rooney and ronaldo's heads with his beliefs and they all go off to an al qaeda training camp in afghanistan? what then?
Closed Thread