Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-08-2007, 08:00 AM
puressence

Default just cant help believing anelka should have been brought in for tevez

that my opinion

Unread 20-08-2007, 08:02 AM
Whalefish

We should have got both and sold Saha in January. Ole's verging on retirement anyways.

Unread 20-08-2007, 08:03 AM
Johnson

kneejerk reaction Pure.

Give Tevez a chance ffs , Fergie's got him playing on his own.

We are however very light upfront and I think we will pay for that in the long run.

Unread 20-08-2007, 08:04 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
We should have got both and sold Saha in January. Ole's verging on retirement anyways.
agreed mate .. speaking to that bolton player lastweek .. he said anelka was a great lad kept himself tyo himself no bad attitiude or anything . he claimed he was laso £#%&!king brilliant ... he would be brilliant at utd the sort of player we would love

Unread 20-08-2007, 08:05 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson
kneejerk reaction Pure.

Give Tevez a chance ffs , Fergie's got him playing on his own.

We are however very light upfront and I think we will pay for that in the long run.
not so much kneejerk theres no doubting the player has talent but id have gone for a more central striker in anelka

Unread 20-08-2007, 08:37 AM
Flowers of Manchester

Ideally both, but if it was a choice I would have gone for Anelka

Unread 20-08-2007, 08:57 AM
Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowers of Manchester
Ideally both, but if it was a choice I would have gone for Anelka
Flowers , that's ridiculous

Unread 20-08-2007, 09:00 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

There's a good Elvis vibe to this thread.

Unread 20-08-2007, 09:01 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
There's a good Elvis vibe to this thread.
you mean it should be dead?

Unread 20-08-2007, 09:35 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
you mean it should be dead?
no. he means he saw anelka shopping in tescos.

Unread 20-08-2007, 09:44 AM
antonin jablonsky

With Saha and Rooney out, yes Anelka might be a better fit but in the long term, Tevez will be a brilliant signing. I'd agree with Whalers in many ways, if Saha is never gonna be fit then we should probbly get Anelka to replace him.

Unread 20-08-2007, 09:48 AM
rebelcountyred

i really do rate tevez but kind of agree in a way with pure in that an Anelka type striker was what was required, if we had signed him and bought tevez as well it would have been ideal.
That said if in two weeks saha returns we will have all forgotten about anelka again and will be enjoying watching united at full flow with saha and tevez up front, i cannot wait.

Unread 20-08-2007, 09:49 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
With Saha and Rooney out, yes Anelka might be a better fit but in the long term, Tevez will be a brilliant signing. I'd agree with Whalers in many ways, if Saha is never gonna be fit then we should probbly get Anelka to replace him.
Another site is touting Kanoute or Yakubu to be OT bound.

Unread 20-08-2007, 09:49 AM
Flowers of Manchester

Should have made my point my clearer.

Tevez will be great that is not on debate.

I just think we need a striker with genuine pace and can finish (like Saha) to change things up abit when required. Like yesterday if that was Saha or Anelka they would have been clean through twice.

We cant rely on Saha so hence Anelka is needed, someone who can finish, can help in the build up and has pace.

Unread 20-08-2007, 09:53 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Another site is touting Kanoute or Yakubu to be OT bound.
I was going to post about Yakubu last night. Wouldn't suprise me one bit if we hijacked Everton's move for him.

Unread 20-08-2007, 10:05 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowers of Manchester
Should have made my point my clearer.

Tevez will be great that is not on debate.

I just think we need a striker with genuine pace and can finish (like Saha) to change things up abit when required. Like yesterday if that was Saha or Anelka they would have been clean through twice.

We cant rely on Saha so hence Anelka is needed, someone who can finish, can help in the build up and has pace.
spot on .. anelka is just what we need and hes availble at the right price

Unread 20-08-2007, 10:09 AM
The Return of JC

I like the idea of both.

He'd come, he's clinical, pacey, can hold the line, big, strong.

He fits the bill and has done for the last 12 months. The only question mark is over his temperament, but he seems to have mellowed as he's got older.

With him we'd have two front men (Saha and Anelka) and two players who can play off the front (Tevez and Rooney).

Ideal.

However, I just don't think he's in Fergie's thoughts. If he was then I think he'd be here by now and he wouldn't be talking about the Tevez/Rooney partnership.

Unread 20-08-2007, 10:13 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I like the idea of both.

He'd come, he's clinical, pacey, can hold the line, big, strong.

He fits the bill and has done for the last 12 months. The only question mark is over his temperament, but he seems to have mellowed as he's got older.

With him we'd have two front men (Saha and Anelka) and two players who can play off the front (Tevez and Rooney).

Ideal.

However, I just don't think he's in Fergie's thoughts. If he was then I think he'd be here by now and he wouldn't be talking about the Tevez/Rooney partnership.

jc ..according to a player from bolton who i spoke to anelka does not have any attitude problems at all he just keeps himself to himself

Unread 20-08-2007, 10:16 AM
El Calafate

we didn't really need Tevez imo, although i'm glad we've got him. if Saha will be fit by the end of the month, we'll be ok. if not, we need to get someone in. no doubt fergie is looking for free transfers. nft.

Unread 20-08-2007, 10:33 AM
antonin jablonsky

Fact is, to sign Anelka, United would essentially have to write off Saha as finished. It seems they aren't ready to do this. Tevez is a different point, he was bought as a foil for Rooney and he'll be brilliant when they are both fit, he just isn't ready to play alone up front, a role he wasn't bought for and that he's had to play due to circumstance.
Closed Thread