United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-08-2007, 07:02 PM
wee man

Default Scousers robbed today of 2 points

No question about that. Dreadful decision. But I bet they conveniently forget they got 2 points last week due to an equally dreadful free kick decision.

Evens YSBs.

Unread 19-08-2007, 07:40 PM
wiganste

Do you know what? I had to remind caz of that very fact today.

Unread 19-08-2007, 07:43 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Do you know what? I had to remind caz of that very fact today.
Surprise surprise as another scouser once said

Unread 19-08-2007, 08:07 PM
Mr_Ed

I've had it on very good authority that the referee for that Villa game lives in St Helens and is in fact a Liverpool fan. He has also been seen cheering them on in a pub in St Helens when they lost in that final back in May.

MOTWYW

Unread 19-08-2007, 08:24 PM
Red Caz

Shit decision for the pen. Not sure how many players Styles sent off today either.

As far as the Villa decision goes, that penalty was a homers call and they should've been down to ten men as well.

Chelsea got let off today. I'm encouraged by the start to the season and Torres scored a blinder today.

Unread 19-08-2007, 08:26 PM
Whalefish

I thought Chelsea were poor, Liverpool just edged it for me.

Still can't figure out why we can't score a £#%&!ing goal though. Mid table obscurity beckons.

Unread 19-08-2007, 08:31 PM
Red Caz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I thought Chelsea were poor, Liverpool just edged it for me.

Still can't figure out why we can't score a £#%&!ing goal though. Mid table obscurity beckons.
Chelsea had one shot on target and that was the poor penalty decision.

Serious question, how was Tevez today? Didn't see your game but heard he missed a few. Torres was the same against Villa and Toulouse but I reckon that goal will have boosted his confidence no end.

Unread 19-08-2007, 08:33 PM
chorleyred

and same ref that gave gerrard a pen opening day of last season against sheff utd when he never got touched

things in football even themselves up, ask sheff utd

Unread 19-08-2007, 08:34 PM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Caz
Shit decision for the pen. Not sure how many players Styles sent off today either.

As far as the Villa decision goes, that penalty was a homers call and they should've been down to ten men as well.

Chelsea got let off today. I'm encouraged by the start to the season and Torres scored a blinder today.
i hope ste £#%&!s some sense into you tonight. 17st of flab bashing into you must evolve a moment of clarity, i know it did for me.

Unread 19-08-2007, 08:36 PM
Red Caz

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
and same ref that gave gerrard a pen opening day of last season against sheff utd when he never got touched

things in football even themselves up, ask sheff utd

Kinell, they must be on for a 200 game winning streak after being shafted by the powers that be then?

Intent Pingu, read the rule book.

4 points from 2 tough games and arguably deserved more. Good times...

Unread 19-08-2007, 08:36 PM
chorleyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
i hope ste £#%&!s some sense into you tonight. 17st of flab bashing into you must evolve a moment of clarity, i know it did for me.
17st, yer avin a laff

Unread 19-08-2007, 08:37 PM
chorleyred

so gerrard falling over without contact was a pen then. ok

Unread 19-08-2007, 08:40 PM
chorleyred

Quote:

can you just clarify what you mean by this?

Unread 19-08-2007, 08:45 PM
chorleyred

Quote:
what's that supposed to mean?

3 minutes in the bogs of sam platts doesn't make me his bitch.

you wanna try 3 days in a hotel room with him!

Unread 19-08-2007, 08:49 PM
Whalefish

Re Tevez - played well considering it's his second game/not match fit/no pre season etc. However he needs a goal and he needs to be playing alongside another forward. A bit isolated at times.

Heard some reds claim he missed a sitter right at the end, bit harsh if you ask me. Seemed to see it late then he couldn't guide the header into the back of the net. Vidic hammered one off the crossbar too.

Unread 19-08-2007, 08:59 PM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Re Tevez - played well considering it's his second game/not match fit/no pre season etc. However he needs a goal and he needs to be playing alongside another forward. A bit isolated at times.

Heard some reds claim he missed a sitter right at the end, bit harsh if you ask me. Seemed to see it late then he couldn't guide the header into the back of the net. Vidic hammered one off the crossbar too.
nonse sense, you should be ashamed.

on a side note is it the mr scruff tune that inspired your username? i won't sleep unless you answer.

Unread 19-08-2007, 09:03 PM
chorleyred

vida also turned his back on the shot for their goal which deflected in off him, they should stick him in goal and take pot shots at him in training so he never does that again

Unread 19-08-2007, 09:06 PM
Wafty Crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Caz

Despite Stephane Henchoz handling the ball in his area so many times he got the nickname "Handball Henchoz", there really is NO rule which says Liverpool players are allowed to handle the ball in the area. Really, none.

Sorry to break it to you in such a callous manner, an' that...

Unread 19-08-2007, 09:11 PM
Tumescent Throb

Good point.

There seems to be a trait of referees deliberately cheating against United just now..........

But if it ever matches the trait of cheating in Liverpool's favour again like we've witnessed sickeningly often in the past then no doubt they'll win the Treble...........

Unread 19-08-2007, 11:39 PM
Red Caz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafty Crank
Despite Stephane Henchoz handling the ball in his area so many times he got the nickname "Handball Henchoz", there really is NO rule which says Liverpool players are allowed to handle the ball in the area. Really, none.

Sorry to break it to you in such a callous manner, an' that...
I gather penalties are supposed to be awarded for deliberate handball though.

It boils down to intent again crafty.
Closed Thread