United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 24-05-2023, 08:35 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
actually blew a little snot bubble
I loved that, the difference in opinion, and articulation, made me smile.

Unread 24-05-2023, 08:40 PM
tatty

He's not shit, but he isn't great either.

I suspect he'd hang around for a few years not really making a significant impact.

Unread 24-05-2023, 08:42 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
He's not shit, but he isn't great either.

I suspect he'd hang around for a few years not really making a significant impact.
The white Sancho

Unread 24-05-2023, 09:40 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
It’s gotta be %@#$&!s.
we can only hope. if we are rich, we need better. if we are poor, we have other priorities. utter nothing of a signing. names have been taken.

Unread 24-05-2023, 09:55 PM
Dr Stranger

Early for Mount, early for Kane. What happened to having a ruddy good look first? Don’t know my club anymore.

Unread 24-05-2023, 10:01 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
https://twitter.com/utdplug/status/1...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ

Early for Mount, early for Kane. What happened to having a ruddy good look first? Don’t know my club anymore.
Big Jim’s fave Chelsea player apparently

Unread 24-05-2023, 10:50 PM
Jethro

What's his position? I hope to be proved wrong but he's a complete non entity of a footballer.

Unread 24-05-2023, 11:15 PM
AK14

Would have been decent for 25m

But I’ve seen 50 and even 85m mentioned

Unread 25-05-2023, 12:15 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
What's his position? I hope to be proved wrong but he's a complete non entity of a footballer.
Plays wide in a front 3 or “in the hole” doesn’t he?

Basically same as Bruno I think.

The best thing I can say about him is he’s tidy. That’s also probably the worst thing I can say about him, it might be all I can say about him.

Unread 25-05-2023, 01:14 AM
windy waffles

Absolute 'meh' player.

Good squad player but, yeah, 'meh'.

Unread 25-05-2023, 06:03 AM
westcoastvan

Sort of worried the clubs gone from De Jong down to Mount so fast, my best guess is were getting his best friend (Declan Rice) as well?

Erikson is getting long in the tooth, so I imagine he'll now start benching for both the 8 & 10 spot, which is good because Fernandez needs a rest. Probably end game for Van de Beek though if that's how it plays out.

Unread 25-05-2023, 06:24 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan
Sort of worried the clubs gone from De Jong down to Mount so fast, my best guess is were getting his best friend (Declan Rice) as well?

Erikson is getting long in the tooth, so I imagine he'll now start benching for both the 8 & 10 spot, which is good because Fernandez needs a rest. Probably end game for Van de Beek though if that's how it plays out.
Rice is going to arsenal, sorted a long time ago apparently.....

Unread 25-05-2023, 06:49 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Rice is going to arsenal, sorted a long time ago apparently.....
I can't see them paying over 100m for one player. Saying that, it's not us so he'll probably gor for 70m.

Unread 25-05-2023, 07:29 AM
shenwen

I'm warming to him, thanks to YouTube. As long as his signing is dependent on us also signing a high quality CM, I wouldn't complain too much.

Unread 25-05-2023, 08:26 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
Some can spot a player, some cannot. It was not too long ago, in the grand scheme of things, that said poster was defending the broken down husk of the once-upon-a-time slave ..

There is a reason Mount was central to Tuchel’s Champions League winning side (playing 50+ games in a season 3 years consecutively). There’s a reason Klopp + ETH are strongly linked now. One would think City’s team of technical-runners who thrive with the right role in the right system without mostly being global superstars in their own right would have enlightened people .. apparently not. Mount’s exactly the kind of player Fergie would have gone in for .. the “meh”ers would have been saying the same about Carrick ..
Listen son, you might think hiding behind stats you’ve dug up from whoscored.com and posting about “progressive carries” might make you stand out as something of an intellect around here, but to me, to men of the world, to footballing men, you sound like someone who’s never played ball in their life. Willing to bet you sat drooling over games of connect 4 with your merry band of losers at school lunch and stuttering like Gareth Gates whenever a girl (accidentally) brushed past your arm in the corridors while the big boys were in the playground - no matter the weather - emulating their footballing heroes and getting stuck in, both on the pitch and 6 inches deep inside your school crush. Wouldn’t surprise me if you’re also a vegan.

Mason Mount is a man who does the donkey work while the actual talented players around him make the magic happen. He’s one of the Southgate specials. He’s a yes man of a player. Probably still wears a prefect badge he got in sixth form for sucking up to teachers all day long and grassing other kids up. In other words - he’s £#%&!ing shit. Comparing him to Carrick is, quite frankly, a complete and utter insult to big Mike.

You’re out of your depth here, bucko. Best back down now before I call the lads on and things get really messy for you. You don’t want this. You’ve been warned.

And pay your subs.

Unread 25-05-2023, 08:30 AM
Seamus

he has Jack Rodwell written all over him

Unread 25-05-2023, 08:59 AM
Patty_b

Not sure what to think about this one. He's looks like a decent at times, but also completely anonymous at others.

£55m though...

Unread 25-05-2023, 09:39 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by moransbleedinghead
He sounds like something you'd buy in a hardware shop.

Yeah, gimme a box of 5mm screws, some door hinges and a couple of mason mounts.

…….

Sounds like this is on

Unread 25-05-2023, 09:46 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Yeah can't get my head around this one.... maybe I should go check out those youtube highlights.

Unread 25-05-2023, 09:56 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Yeah can't get my head around this one.... maybe I should go check out those youtube highlights.
shouldn't take long.