United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:53 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Default Wes Brown

What the £#%&! is wrong with him, seems to be going backwards..again!

His ability to save himself with a last ditch tackle is excellent but his positional play and distribution are absolutely shocking.
He should be at the peak of his career at this point in time and hes looking very average indeed.

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:56 AM
TheNew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2

His ability to save himself with a last ditch tackle is excellent but his positional play and distribution are absolutely shocking.
He should be at the peak of his career at this point in time and hes looking very average indeed.
He's looking worse than average. Doesn't seem to have any composure any more, it's hoof at all costs most of the time, we noticed it several times on saturday. He was very lucky to get away with it, when he went flying in for that challenge with Yakubu and the ref gave a free kick...as there didn't appear to be much wrong with it. Worryingly poor.

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:58 AM
Whalefish

It wasn't a free kick. Yakubu didn't do much - if anything - wrong. Poor decision by Wes.

Unread 17-09-2007, 09:16 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Default It's early Monday morning

after a 1-0 away win and just about everybody in the squad has been slaughtered on here.

Unread 17-09-2007, 09:52 AM
utd82

Quote:

His attitude stinks tbh. Happy to go back on the bench when (if) Neville returns and doesn't seem bothered or have the belief to grab a first team place. Looks content to just go through the motions in games and tries to get rid of the ball at the earliest opportunity instead of looking for it. It's a shame because if he really got his head down he could still be a good player, but I can't see it happening.

Unread 17-09-2007, 09:56 AM
antonin jablonsky

I thought Wes was OK, the Yakubu incident aside. Anyone expecting his distribution to get better is either fooling themselves or is gonna be on here sklaughtering him after any game he plays. It is a wekness he has in his game, just like Gabby or Steve Bruce..

Unread 17-09-2007, 09:57 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd82
His attitude stinks tbh. Happy to go back on the bench when (if) Neville returns and doesn't seem bothered or have the belief to grab a first team place. .
Absolutely no idea where you are getting that from?

Unread 17-09-2007, 09:57 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I thought Wes was OK, the Yakubu incident aside. Anyone expecting his distribution to get better is either fooling themselves or is gonna be on here sklaughtering him after any game he plays. It is a wekness he has in his game, just like Gabby or Steve Bruce..
But he is also weak at postioning himself, constantly switching off and being brushed off the ball like a little kid

Unread 17-09-2007, 09:59 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
But he is also weak at postioning himself, constantly switching off and being brushed off the ball like a little kid
Again, I think that's harsh. He made a mistake against Yakubu, I thought he was fine that aside.

Unread 17-09-2007, 10:04 AM
TheNew

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
He used to at least try to control the ball...these days it's just boot it as high and as hard as possible.

Unread 17-09-2007, 10:05 AM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

Ivanovic is the answer.

Unread 17-09-2007, 10:06 AM
El Calafate

[SIZE="7"]HE'S NOT A £#%&!ING RIGHT BACK, FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!! nft.

Unread 17-09-2007, 10:08 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Ivanovic is the answer.
I'd suggest G Nev and Danny Simpson personally.

Unread 17-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Whalefish

Oh yes he is.

Oh you mean Wes? Correct. Play him at centre back or not at all. However we're £#%&!ing short on right backs though. Neville is 2 weeks from 2 weeks from 2 weeks away.

Unread 17-09-2007, 11:32 AM
Darth Vidic

If Silvestre played like he has this season he'd be slaughtered.

Unread 17-09-2007, 11:48 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
If Silvestre played like he has this season he'd be slaughtered.
Well, Wes has been slaughterd all season so that'd only be right.

Unread 17-09-2007, 11:54 AM
Darth Vidic

According to some on here he's done well

Unread 17-09-2007, 11:59 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
According to some on here he's done well
There's a huge difference between the 2 though. Wes has at least defended solidly. He can't attack, Silvestre can't defend, I know which I prefer in a defender.

Unread 17-09-2007, 12:03 PM
puressence

he defends ok ..but its like asking rio or vidic to play right back .........ffs

he deffo needs to improve his distrubution

Unread 17-09-2007, 12:06 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
he defends ok ..but its like asking rio or vidic to play right back .........ffs

he deffo needs to improve his distrubution
He won't, as I said, Bruce never did, Gabby never did. Every player has weaknesses, distribution is Wes' biggest. He is a decent backup centre back playing out of position where his weakness is most exposed.
Closed Thread