United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-08-2019, 12:33 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
But how do you define what's worth checking or not?
I don't think it's about what should be checked, but the manner in how it's checked.

Offsides for example, I think the need to implement the rule that never was, the daylight rule, and I think that will benefit VAR and speed up the VAR process. I'm sure they could superimpose a fairly simple line across the pitch in the VAR studio fairly quickly in any given situation, and if both the attacking and defensive players intersect that line, it's onside. No £#%&!ing about to check whether his fringe has drifted offside or not, if both players are on that line, even if it's the attackers trailing leg, it's onside. A quick check and no £#%&!ing about.

It's not about getting rid of VAR, just making it easier and quicker for everyone involved, and less stringent when it comes to trying to disallow goals.

Unread 20-08-2019, 12:34 PM
windy waffles

Do we even needs linesmen now?

If everything is going to be checked by VAR, what's the point?

Unread 20-08-2019, 12:39 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Do we even needs linesmen now?

If everything is going to be checked by VAR, what's the point?
To give Grassy, prefect @#%&!s a foot into the game, for those that can't kick a ball but need to feel important, basically clownbones with a little flag .

Unread 20-08-2019, 12:56 PM
Albert Tatlock

Do it like cricket or tennis. Each team has two challenges per match

Unread 20-08-2019, 12:58 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
That's what I said albert. Keep up.

Unread 20-08-2019, 01:05 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Who calls the challenge? Manager watching from a distance or captain who has a better view? Furthermore how long to make a challenge? In tennis players challenge instantly if they want to, in cricket there is 15 seconds to make up your mind or you are too late. In 15 seconds of football there's a small melee and players rushing over.

£#%&! var.

Unread 20-08-2019, 01:08 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
To give Grassy, prefect @#%&!s a foot into the game, for those that can't kick a ball but need to feel important, basically clownbones with a little flag .

No way Shoes’erers lets this go.

Unread 20-08-2019, 01:12 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I don't think it's about what should be checked, but the manner in how it's checked.

Offsides for example, I think the need to implement the rule that never was, the daylight rule, and I think that will benefit VAR and speed up the VAR process. I'm sure they could superimpose a fairly simple line across the pitch in the VAR studio fairly quickly in any given situation, and if both the attacking and defensive players intersect that line, it's onside. No £#%&!ing about to check whether his fringe has drifted offside or not, if both players are on that line, even if it's the attackers trailing leg, it's onside. A quick check and no £#%&!ing about.

It's not about getting rid of VAR, just making it easier and quicker for everyone involved, and less stringent when it comes to trying to disallow goals.
In other words, the whole of the attacker has to be past the whole of the defender for it to be offside.Works for balls and lines, why not players?

Also tilts the game slightly in favour of the attacking team so might result in more goals.

Unread 20-08-2019, 01:13 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b

Furry muff pal.

Unread 20-08-2019, 01:14 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
This reply is hidden because this boring @#%&! is on your ignore list

Unread 20-08-2019, 01:19 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
In other words, the whole of the attacker has to be past the whole of the defender for it to be offside.Works for balls and lines, why not players?

Also tilts the game slightly in favour of the attacking team so might result in more goals.
Then they’ll just start arguing whether his ankle bone was fully past the last defender or not. It’s funny how football was able to overcome the horrific injustices of referees making honest mistakes to become far and away the most popular sport on the planet, eh?

Actually, it just occurred to me that this might be more about stemming corruption than making the game error free. Hmmm.

Unread 20-08-2019, 04:02 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
That's what I said albert. Keep up.
No, you said three

Unread 22-08-2019, 09:21 AM
TheFatGoth

Unread 24-08-2019, 10:30 AM
S/Side.Red

£#%&!s up his card order mind.

Unread 24-08-2019, 04:54 PM
red in cumbria

Well it had a great outing today

Unread 24-08-2019, 04:58 PM
dunk

It’s £#%&!. Hate it.

Unread 24-08-2019, 05:52 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It’s £#%&!. Hate it.
Its £#%&!ing shocking today. Even if you ignore the second pen call how it didnt give one for the Cahill sending off and the first pen is disgraceful. If it was any other team the press would be all over it but they'll be too busy laughing at us to mention it

Unread 24-08-2019, 06:03 PM
Sparky***

What’s the £#%&!ing point of it if not for situations like today with martial

Is it only there to scrutinise goals and ruin everyone’s fun?

Unread 25-08-2019, 08:03 AM
Flix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
What’s the £#%&!ing point of it if not for situations like today with martial

Is it only there to scrutinise goals and ruin everyone’s fun?
I think there's a danger of this becoming a trend. From the refs point of view, in cases where they're not certain, it's better to not give it and have someone look at it 6 times on a screen, in slow motion from 3 different angles and be told they've seen something that you didn't in real-time, than give it and be told you saw contact that didn't happen. So they'll be less inclined to give them and pass the responsibility to someone watching it on a screen, but if the VAR is only over-ruling 'clear and obvious' errors they won't give them either. Though quite how the Matrial one wasn't clear and obvious I don't know - he'd quite happily given Wan-Bissaka a yellow card for the same offence outside the area a few minutes earlier.

Unread 25-08-2019, 08:31 AM
Patty_b

I've just seen the penalty given away by David Luiz, obvious penalty but far softer than the foul on Martial.

Confusing inconsistent load of shite.
Closed Thread