United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 17-02-2023, 10:38 AM
dunk

He really isn’t the best shot stopper in the World. Maybe 6 years ago. This embarrassing narrative has to stop.

Unread 17-02-2023, 10:41 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
what I mean is this kind of shit:

more likely we played well and should have won, but they will cheese their way to a sucker punch.

and leicester will beat us. we are not in the title race.
How is that shit? We should have beat them easily last night. They have two of their key players also now out for the second leg (gavi and pedri)

The return leg is at home, we have two key players (maybe more) returning . The second leg we also have home advatange. How can we not expect a better performance from them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He really isn’t the best shot stopper in the World. Maybe 6 years ago. This embarrassing narrative has to stop.
He’s still up there in the top 5.

Unread 17-02-2023, 10:43 AM
dunk

He really isn’t. He’s not top 5 in the PL.

Sommer has joined Munich btw.

Unread 17-02-2023, 10:43 AM
NedKelly

Haven’t we had one of the best defensive records in the league since Maguire got dropped? I don’t think de Gea is a 10/10 keeper, but I also don’t think he’s the 0/10 others are saying he is. I’d argue fannies like Maguire, Fred, Lindelof and even AWB pre-metamorphosis put the shits up the team a lot more than De Gea does.

Unread 17-02-2023, 10:45 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
He really isn’t. He’s not top 5 in the PL.

Sommer has joined Munich btw.
Suppose we will wait and see. Maybe ETH knows of some young unheard of upcoming Dutch GK?

All in all I rather sign that CF , CM and RB before the GK. (Though with potential new owners, whoever they may be , we maybe need to stop having to pick and choose and just go balls out and sign all 4 positions in a window)

Unread 17-02-2023, 10:47 AM
dunk

Liverpool went from a decent team in the CL to contenders and CL winners by getting a decent keeper. It changes everything.

Same with Schmeichel coming in to replace Sealy.

Unread 17-02-2023, 10:53 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Liverpool went from a decent team in the CL to contenders and CL winners by getting a decent keeper. It changes everything.

Same with Schmeichel coming in to replace Sealy.
They had Karius in net in the 2018 final.

Unread 17-02-2023, 10:53 AM
believe

Yes, hopefully we’ll get a new keeper and be in the running for the four competitions we can win this time next year

Unread 17-02-2023, 10:54 AM
puressence

bar newcastle who play shit on a stick football he has the most clean sheets this season .. but yep he's shite

Unread 17-02-2023, 10:56 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
They had Karius in net in the 2018 final.
Got the timeline wrong. Still, that was against Spurs tbf.

Unread 17-02-2023, 11:00 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
How is that shit? We should have beat them easily last night. They have two of their key players also now out for the second leg (gavi and pedri)

The return leg is at home, we have two key players (maybe more) returning . The second leg we also have home advatange. How can we not expect a better performance from them?
I don't know. bitter experience, maybe.

prepare for disappointment.

and I don't mean dunk's next post on de gea.

Unread 17-02-2023, 11:01 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Got the timeline wrong. Still, that was against Spurs tbf.
I get why you’d have blocked all this out, but that was against Real Madrid. They won against Spurs with Allison in 2021, and lost to Real in 2022 with Allison. I think.

Years might be wrong, but then going from finalists to winners was less about keepers and more about playing Real Madrid instead of Tottenham Hotspur imo.

Unread 17-02-2023, 11:03 AM
dunk

I don’t keep a record of Liverpool CL wins, I’m not going to lie, but did they win it in 2018?

They went from being 3rd/4th in the league and beaten CL finalists to going toe to toe with City and winning the CL once they got Allisson was the point.

Admittedly, playing Spurs always helps.

Unread 17-02-2023, 11:05 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I don't know. bitter experience, maybe.

prepare for disappointment.

and I don't mean dunk's next post on de gea.
Fair enough tbh part of me was expecting to be beaten easily by Barcelona. They surprised me at their poor play last night. Misplaced passing etc . You could argue the rafina goal was a bit of a freak goal, cross through the legs of a defender.

I just expected much more and were surprised at how poor they were. They’re going to be even more weakened. I suppose never expect an easy win, I get that, I think ETH has just brought so much confidence back into the team. Obv it’s not a given to beat them on the second leg but for me it’s certainly changed from “ maybe we can beat them if a couple players play well” to “ we should be Able to beat them with a stronger team with OT rocking”

Unread 17-02-2023, 11:07 AM
believe

Quote:
Quote:
I don’t keep a record of Liverpool CL wins, I’m not going to lie,.

Unread 17-02-2023, 11:19 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
What I said was right you crank.

Tell us how Erik is a clown from a one team league again

Unread 17-02-2023, 11:28 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
What I said was right you crank.

Tell us how Erik is a clown from a one team league again

https://twitter.com/andymitten/statu...aOujmEVhJwCZGA
Do we know if Busquets is back?

Unread 17-02-2023, 11:34 AM
dunk

I’m sure they said he’d miss both legs, Dembele too.

Dembele is often missing both legs tbf.

Unread 17-02-2023, 11:48 AM
puressence

Allison makes more mistakes than most keepers

Unread 17-02-2023, 11:52 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Allison makes more mistakes than most keepers
All keepers make mistakes, just like all players do. What he does is all the simple things really well.