United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 04-05-2023, 12:26 PM
believe

Football Brighton vs Manchester United KO 8pm - 04/05/2023 - Official Match Thread

Tough game and a hard one to predict.

Last five

upload pix

Current Premier League Form (Last Five Games)
Brighton: WLWLW
Man Utd: WWWDW

Unread 04-05-2023, 12:28 PM
Time For Heroes

If we play like we played first half against Spurs and Villa then we win, if we play like the second halfs......

Unread 04-05-2023, 12:40 PM
wiganste

A draw will be perfectly fine

Unread 04-05-2023, 12:45 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
A draw will be perfectly fine
Yep. Get the tough ones out the way. If we can get 4 points from the next two, we’re nearly there. A point stunts Brighton too and means they can only get 71*

*not that I think they’ll catch us, before any of the COOOOL kids start prattling on about bedsheets and piss.

Unread 04-05-2023, 01:22 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Why’s it matter what they get if you don’t think they’ll catch us?

Surely one would only mention stunting their possible points total if you DID think they might catch us. Otherwise it’s completely irrelevant.

Bet you don’t say 3 points against wolves will be good as it stunts them…

Unread 04-05-2023, 01:26 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yep. Get the tough ones out the way. If we can get 4 points from the next two, we’re nearly there. A point stunts Brighton too and means they can only get 71*

*not that I think they’ll catch us, before any of the COOOOL kids start prattling on about bedsheets and piss.
I don’t think so either .. BUT .. if they win the game in hand and beat us they’re 5 pts back with 6 to play and much better goal difference. Would be enough to make things a little awkward. Either way, they should be up for this one.

Unread 04-05-2023, 01:38 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
I don’t think so either .. BUT .. if they win the game in hand and beat us they’re 5 pts back with 6 to play and much better goal difference. Would be enough to make things a little awkward. Either way, they should be up for this one.
That’s the thing: we should be absolutely fine, but why not hope it’s as easy as possible? I don’t want to see the lead start to disappear. Draw tonight, Liverpool beat Brentford and it’s down to 2. Games and hand in all that, but….just £#%&! off, will ya? Make it easy and just go away!

Unread 04-05-2023, 02:29 PM
Hyman_Roth

Thumbs down

A draw would be a very good result but we’re shit away from home.

2-1 Brighton.

Unread 04-05-2023, 03:17 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
A draw would be a very good result but we’re shit away from home.

2-1 Brighton.
4 points from 21 against sides in the top 10 away from home - absolutely honking that & the obvious area for improvement to get us closer.

We need a top class no.9 to score the goals that bury games, end of.

Unread 04-05-2023, 03:30 PM
Ethers

3-1 United.

No team has beaten us home and away this season, and it certainly won’t be Brighton.

Unread 04-05-2023, 03:31 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
3-1 United.
Be nice if we could do that. Just show up to a good team and go “we’re better than you” and stroll away with the points.

It’s our game in hand on Newcastle too. I want us to finish 3rd.

Unread 04-05-2023, 03:45 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
4 points from 21 against sides in the top 10 away from home - absolutely honking that & the obvious area for improvement to get us closer.

We need a top class no.9 to score the goals that bury games, end of.
The situation upfront feels desperate to me even though the results don’t suggest it is. There’s no reliable goal scorer apart from rashers (and this is easily his best season I think). We’ve done amazingly well given the circumstances (after losing the rapists) and only being able to bring on utter £#%&!ing slugs like martial.

Obviously after saying that, we’ll score 4 tonight in a beautiful free flowing masterclass.

Unread 04-05-2023, 03:50 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
3-1 United.

No team has beaten us home and away this season, and it certainly won’t be Brighton.
I hope your proved right as I would happily take that as a winning result for, United right now

Unread 04-05-2023, 03:50 PM
Sparky***

3-1 Brighton. Welbeck to bag a brace.

Unread 04-05-2023, 04:00 PM
Baron

Quote:
The situation upfront feels desperate to me even though the results don’t suggest it is. There’s no reliable goal scorer apart from rashers (and this is easily his best season I think). We’ve done amazingly well given the circumstances (after losing the rapists) and only being able to bring on utter £#%&!ing slugs like martial.

Obviously after saying that, we’ll score 4 tonight in a beautiful free flowing masterclass.
It's been managed fantastically well, but the reality is we have been far better in a defensive capacity in order to execute ETH's tactics vs the attacking patterns to lay things on a plate (or even have players with the capability to get on the end of things - lack of pace, fitness or being an aforementioned rapist).

Hopefully those tactics are able to manage Brighton again & we can be clinical.

Unread 04-05-2023, 04:04 PM
Hyman_Roth

Think Baron’s calling Erik a mini Mou Mou here. Some balls on the lad.

Unread 04-05-2023, 04:05 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
3-1 Brighton. Welbeck to bag a brace.
If every pre-match prediction you’ve made down the years came true, do you think we’d still be a football league club?

Unread 04-05-2023, 04:40 PM
Baron

Quote:
Think Baron’s calling Erik a mini Mou Mou here. Some balls on the lad.
as if Mourinho would give that much help to his midfield or make AW-B know which of his legs is which again

He's making the best of what he has without being a shithouse, it's hugely refreshing after the dross of coaching voids we've employed post-Fergie.

We just need one or two new signings to really make it click up top & get Antony into second season mode from the jump. Loads to be positive about, actually think we should be alright tonight after the Spurs first 45' - Brighton don't have a Kane or a Son to drag them out of the shit.

Unread 04-05-2023, 05:24 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

2-2

Unread 04-05-2023, 05:24 PM
no fun

Win….top 4 sorted

Draw….still in the balance

Lose…..those £#%&!ing murdering bastards will pip us at the post on the final day