United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-03-2023, 06:33 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio
True .

Casemiro is our only midfielder that doesn't over commit too far forward when we have the ball. Fred is liable to be anywhere and Sabitzer seems to like to stay forward as well. Lindelof is good on the ball and could be the best option in the squad to cover for Casemiro on the defensive side at least.
Eriksen has positional discipline as well so will make things easier when he's back.
If ETH wants to keep the same shape and system Lindelof could work.
Fair enough, can see your logic tbf

Unread 18-03-2023, 07:53 PM
Bunker Buster

Sabitzer doesn't like to stay forward though, that was his specific task when he came on the other night (had a few chances)

Eth has played in a deep holding role in his first few ..

It has to be Fred and Sab.

Unread 18-03-2023, 08:40 PM
Surfers do Charlie

It's just a shame Donny is injured.

This game and the opportunity are just crying out for him.

Unread 18-03-2023, 09:00 PM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfers do Charlie

If he played up front on Weggy`s shoulders we might win a header?

Unread 18-03-2023, 09:30 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Forgot he existed tbh.

he's out for the season isn't he

Unread 18-03-2023, 09:33 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Don't, it hurts too much....

Unread 20-03-2023, 02:12 AM
marlo

absolutely disgusting performance today

Unread 20-03-2023, 07:32 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Forgot he existed tbh.

he's out for the season isn't he
doesnt matter when he comes back, he's shite

Unread 20-03-2023, 12:45 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
he's just really very average. would have a decent career somewhere like.... Fulham.

Actually, he screams Everton.

Unread 20-03-2023, 12:52 PM
dunk

He’s average but I feel for him a bit this season, he’s not had a run of games at any point due to the form of Eriksen and Casemiro and then injury, he’s not sharp. He’s miles better than he has shown recently. Still not good enough mind..

Unread 20-03-2023, 08:56 PM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Can I just point out it was actually yesterday. Unless of course he`s played again today and he was even worse than he was yesterday

Unread 25-03-2023, 04:05 PM
Bunker Buster

2 for Scott today in what could be Europe's greatest football kit ..

Eth has the team COOKING ..

Unread 25-03-2023, 04:18 PM
Dr Stranger

Not bad for a centre half.

Unread 25-03-2023, 05:40 PM
Tuco

He is bobbins

Unread 25-03-2023, 06:12 PM
92ToBury

It's Cyprus lads, he's found his level.

Unread 25-03-2023, 07:25 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
It's Cyprus lads, he's found his level.
Absolutely correct

Unread 27-03-2023, 05:17 PM
BigJim

The question now is not so much whether the likes of The Scottish Player are good enough to hang around as a squad filler, but which academy prospect isn't getting a shot because of it. The drop off from Casemiro to McT is just too large; maybe someone else could do better.

Unread 28-03-2023, 09:09 AM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim
The question now is not so much whether the likes of The Scottish Player are good enough to hang around as a squad filler, but which academy prospect isn't getting a shot because of it. The drop off from Casemiro to McT is just too large; maybe someone else could do better.
I'm inclined to ask, could someone do it worse? But I have not seen enough from Iqbal or Mejbri or any of the other prospects to convince me they have what it takes to be a Utd player. Maybe Mainoo does, but it would be a huge risk putting him in multiple big games at this stage.

It is too quick and east to say we would be better off using the youth team, but it is not true, look at someone like Garner, he has joined Everton and played in less than half the league games he was available for before his injury. If Garner, at this stage of his career, cannot make a spot at Everton his own, what are the chances someone like Iqbal is ready for The Scottish Player's spot in the squad?

Unread 28-03-2023, 10:26 AM
Baron

He's not good enough for us, but he's never a sitting / defensive midfielder.

He'd do fine at a lower PL side as a box to box, he's got a decent enough instinct when facing the goal & coming onto the ball, he's just utter shit at receiving it to feet or on the half turn to move it intelligently.

Stick him in the West Ham side & he'd probably be a fan favourite.

Unread 28-03-2023, 01:40 PM
BigJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
I'm inclined to ask, could someone do it worse? But I have not seen enough from Iqbal or Mejbri or any of the other prospects to convince me they have what it takes to be a Utd player. Maybe Mainoo does, but it would be a huge risk putting him in multiple big games at this stage.

It is too quick and east to say we would be better off using the youth team, but it is not true, look at someone like Garner, he has joined Everton and played in less than half the league games he was available for before his injury. If Garner, at this stage of his career, cannot make a spot at Everton his own, what are the chances someone like Iqbal is ready for The Scottish Player's spot in the squad?
That's a false equivalency. Similar circumstances don't make them similar players and if Scholes, Lampard or Carrick (I almost did ) had never gotten a proper crack they could never have become who they did would they?

We know enough about The Scottish Player now for the jury to be back in; the question is, do we settle for mediocrity or try to find the next big star, because doing so takes balls (no-one mentioned anything about throwing them willy nilly into multiple "big games" btw - just a proper shot), but isn't our entire history based on giving youth a try?
Closed Thread