United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-12-2019, 03:42 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Would have been good but it's not the end of the world. No point in signing a potential slapped arse that doesn't want rotation/fight. Plus we have glaring gaps behind the strikers to be addressed.
are we doing a city/kaka "he bottled it" now are we?

Maybe, just maybe, staying in germany and playing for one of the best clubs in europe for developing players appealed to him rather than playing for a glorified marketing company with a weekend football team?

taking blind loyalties and fandom out of the equation, would you join united over a club like dortmund if you were 20 odd years old?

Unread 29-12-2019, 03:42 PM
magic_cantona

Absolutely dont need him 🤷🏻‍♂️

We need 2 or 3 midfielders and a defender. Imagine Greenwoods thought process if we signed a big money signing who wanted a clause in his contract that says he plays every game?

Martial, Rashford, Greenwood - more than enough up top.

Just need more behind them.

Unread 29-12-2019, 03:43 PM
Vedder

Aren’t Salzburg and Leipzig owned by the same owners and they’re letting him join a title rival he could win Dortmund the league over Leipzig

Unread 29-12-2019, 03:44 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Absolutely dont need him 🤷🏻‍♂️

We need 2 or 3 midfielders and a defender. Imagine Greenwoods thought process if we signed a big money signing who wanted a clause in his contract that says he plays every game?

Martial, Rashford, Greenwood - more than enough up top.

Just need more behind them.
That isn't 'more than enough' at all. We need a proper centre forward, which has been evident for £#%&!ing ages.

But yes, i'd say the absolute mess that is our midfield needs addressing far more urgently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Aren’t Salzburg and Leipzig owned by the same owners and they’re letting him join a title rival he could win Dortmund the league over Leipzig
He's got a buyout clause mate. I don't think letting him has anything to do with it.

Unread 29-12-2019, 03:47 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
That isn't 'more than enough' at all. We need a proper centre forward, which has been evident for £#%&!ing ages.

But yes, i'd say the absolute mess that is our midfield needs addressing far more urgently.

He's got a buyout clause mate. I don't think letting him has anything to do with it.
Oh yeah

Unread 29-12-2019, 03:48 PM
Jethro

Quote:

Maybe, just maybe, staying in germany and playing for one of the best clubs in europe for developing players appealed to him rather than playing for a glorified marketing company with a weekend football team?

taking blind loyalties and fandom out of the equation, would you join united over a club like dortmund if you were 20 odd years old?
Is that what you took out of my post? You're a really odd egg my friend.

From what the internet has been saying over the past month or so it's down to game time. So as a 20 year old do you want to be the biggest fish or not? Dortmund is perfect for him.

And blind loyalties aside United or Dortmund is a real head scratcher.

Unread 29-12-2019, 03:50 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Is that what you took out of my post? You're a really odd egg my friend.

From what the internet has been saying over the past month or so it's down to game time. So as a 20 year old do you want to be the biggest fish or not? Dortmund is perfect for him.

And blind loyalties aside United or Dortmund is a real head scratcher.
Yes that is what i took from your post when you said he's a "potential slapped arse that wasn't up for the fight"

It's a ridiculous comment tbh which akin to "i didn't fancy her anyway/she's probably a lesbian"

Unread 29-12-2019, 03:52 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Yes that is what i took from your post when you said he's a "potential slapped arse that wasn't up for the fight"

It's a ridiculous comment tbh which akin to "i didn't fancy her anyway/she's probably a lesbian"
It's nothing but pure speculation on my part hence the use of the word potential. I don't know anything about his attitude.

Anyway. Good move for him and I'm sure he'll tear it up.

Unread 29-12-2019, 03:57 PM
puressence

Think him wanting to come and start every game is the main reason he’s gone bvb and yes they do develop talent as they let them
Play shame tbh would have loved him but you move on there’s plenty out there

Unread 29-12-2019, 03:57 PM
ScarFace

he'll now move to juve in 18 months for 60mil. then spain..its how his agent works

Unread 29-12-2019, 03:58 PM
silv

£#%&!ing Dortmund

How far we’ve fallen

Unread 29-12-2019, 04:00 PM
ZiggyStardust

We do need another centre forward as competition for Martial but I don’t think an 18 year old with a big ego was the answer anyway
Would look for a more experienced option

We’ve got a better 18 year old forward anyway so I didn’t see the point

I hope and pray we add to our midfield this window
Criminal if we don’t even bring in someone on loan this window

Unread 29-12-2019, 04:03 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Think him wanting to come and start every game is the main reason he’s gone bvb and yes they do develop talent as they let them
Play shame tbh would have loved him but you move on there’s plenty out there
And if Ole refused to guarantee anything to a 19 year old, good for him. We need to bleed the drama out, not add more. Not too unhappy about dodging Raiola either.

Unread 29-12-2019, 04:05 PM
Jethro

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the two packages demanded from us and Dortmund were light-years in difference.

Unread 29-12-2019, 04:06 PM
Coracao

Quote:

Have those German bastards annexed Austria again?

Unread 29-12-2019, 04:09 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
£#%&!ing Dortmund

How far we’ve fallen
Don't Dortmund regularly reach champions league ko stages?

They've more of a chance of winning their league than we do ours.

Unread 29-12-2019, 04:10 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Have those German bastards annexed Austria again?
Apologies, i couldn't really remember which red bull he played for

Unread 29-12-2019, 04:12 PM
magic_cantona

People making out Dortmund are the German Rochdale ffs

Unread 29-12-2019, 04:13 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
People making out Dortmund are the German Rochdale ffs
exactly. They've won the same amount of bundesliga titles in the last 10 years as we have Premier league titles.

Unread 29-12-2019, 04:18 PM
ryanMUFC

Ole is probably waiting at Manchester airport for him.

Reports coming out that United ended talks over agent fees.
Closed Thread