United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-12-2018, 08:02 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
What about next season when they're gong for three in a row? four? a treble?
City winning 10 in a row is better than liverpool winning one. They'd probably invite slippy back to lift it.

Unread 02-12-2018, 08:04 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
what are you like..... You racist little weasel...

Unread 02-12-2018, 08:06 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
City winning 10 in a row is better than liverpool winning one. They'd probably invite slippy back to lift it.
Is it really? There is nothing hollow about having city supporting #@&%!s lord it up as they win league after league. They couldn't give two £#%&!s how much money the've spent nor what happens in Abu Dhabi, does it really console people that they won it with "blood money"? Would it have been preferable if they swept the league being owned by a bitter @#%&! like Lee?

Unread 02-12-2018, 08:11 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Didn't you post this last year you utter fanny
I did, yeah. They’re red-hot favourites for every competition and I can do without them having a spine-tinglingly amazing season that will make their lives and they’ll never shut up about. Leave that for us.

Unread 02-12-2018, 08:25 PM
utd99

Quote:
Is it really? There is nothing hollow about having city supporting #@&%!s lord it up as they win league after league. They couldn't give two £#%&!s how much money the've spent nor what happens in Abu Dhabi, does it really console people that they won it with "blood money"? Would it have been preferable if they swept the league being owned by a bitter @#%&! like Lee?
Yes absolutely, because it's emptier than their stadium. We're not talking about an ideal world here, we're talking a scouse parade with gnashers up top and every @#%&! who's ever played for them invited back to be on the bus.

At least we could take the piss out of city's parades every year. In the end only Summerbee would be there clapping.

Unread 02-12-2018, 08:32 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Yes absolutely, because it's emptier than their stadium. We're not talking about an ideal world here, we're talking a scouse parade with gnashers up top and every @#%&! who's ever played for them invited back to be on the bus.

At least we could take the piss out of city's parades every year. In the end only Summerbee would be there clapping.
To each his own, I take no solace in the size of city's parade as they add trophy after trophy to the cabinet. If you pushed me I have the slightest of preferences for city to win the league this year if the alternative is Liverpool but every year that preference gets smaller.

Unread 02-12-2018, 08:41 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Didn't you post this last year you utter fanny

Unread 02-12-2018, 08:43 PM
andyroo

Quote:
To each his own, I take no solace in the size of city's parade as they add trophy after trophy to the cabinet. If you pushed me I have the slightest of preferences for city to win the league this year if the alternative is Liverpool but every year that preference gets smaller.
Liverpool potentially winning it is more damning to us. The bertie @#%&!s as undeserving as they are have had a shitload of deus ex machina help, and then good as they are it's clearly wasted on such a painfully obviously small-minded club. But them other @#%&!s, it could, should be us. No, we should be better than them. They've done nothing we couldn't have.

Unread 02-12-2018, 08:45 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
I did, yeah. They’re red-hot favourites for every competition and I can do without them having a spine-tinglingly amazing season that will make their lives and they’ll never shut up about. Leave that for us.
You are taking shit mate they ain't winning any quadruple FFS ....I could not handle the murderers winning the league I don't want those @#%&!s winning it either but there is no £#%&!ing comparison

Unread 02-12-2018, 08:51 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
Until we get our shit together again, which doesn't look like happening for a long long time, then this is the unpalatable reality.
If city pissing the league and Liverpool reaching the European cup final didn’t motivate the club to invest this summer, nothing will. Apart from finishing outside the top 4, obviously. We’re done as a football club with footballing ambition.

Quote:
Is it really? There is nothing hollow about having city supporting #@&%!s lord it up as they win league after league.
Meh. It’s Abu Dhabi F.C.

Quote:
Do people actually believe this? Are you telling me there are United fans who don't care when city win the league because they're owned by Arabs?
There’s at least one. And it’s not about not caring, but not caring in comparison to Liverpool winning it. I can dismiss a city title in seconds with a shrug. Nothing any city fan can say about winning that I can’t easily dismiss.

Liverpool on the other hand would have done it the hard way and earnt it. And their fans have been unbearable even though they’ve been largely shit for 30 years. £#%&! putting up with them and the scouse media love in as title winners. City winning the league is forgotten by the world a day later.

I have no idea how many titles city have won, nor do I care. They’re playing a rigged game where none of their success has anything to do with the city, the club or the fans. Abu Dhabi F.C. enemies of football.

Unread 02-12-2018, 10:25 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
They’re playing a rigged game where none of their success has anything to do with the city, the club or the fans. Abu Dhabi F.C. enemies of football.
How is it a rigged game? They have been in charge for 10 seasons and won three leagues. There has always been a team that is richer than the rest, they don't always win. We have finished 5th, 6th, 7th in the last five years and will do well to even match that this season, surely if it was just about money we would breeze top 2 every year?

Quote:

There’s at least one. And it’s not about not caring, but not caring in comparison to Liverpool winning it. I can dismiss a city title in seconds with a shrug. Nothing any city fan can say about winning that I can’t easily dismiss.

I have no idea how many titles city have won, nor do I care. They’re playing a rigged game where none of their success has anything to do with the city, the club or the fans. Abu Dhabi F.C. enemies of football.
So you don't care or you don't care in comparison to Liverpool winning it? I don't need city fans to remind me, I can perfectly remember myself that they smashed the league last year, or that we choked their first league. Their owners are no more enemies of football than ours are, or than the PLC were.

Unread 03-12-2018, 12:32 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
How is it a rigged game? They have been in charge for 10 seasons and won three leagues. There has always been a team that is richer than the rest, they don't always win. We have finished 5th, 6th, 7th in the last five years and will do well to even match that this season, surely if it was just about money we would breeze top 2 every year?
This isn’t a team with more money than the rest, it’s a state with a bottomless pit of money and a lot more power than any individual business or club.

Quote:
So you don't care or you don't care in comparison to Liverpool winning it?
Bit of both. I’d rather arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham win it than city, but if city win it I’m not that arsed. Will probably become more arsed as time goes on and they rack them up but maybe not. Liverpool winning it is Armageddon.

Quote:
Their owners are no more enemies of football than ours are, or than the PLC were.
I didn’t say they were. But they sure seem more concerned about being known as such. And really, they are bigger enemies of football than the glazers anyway, no matter how shit people like the glazers are.

Unread 03-12-2018, 04:25 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
This isn’t a team with more money than the rest, it’s a state with a bottomless pit of money and a lot more power than any individual business or club.
But it's not like we don't have comparable spending. And we are performing worse than clubs we have outspent by huge margins, we are getting stuff wrong/they are getting stuff right beyond money.

Quote:

Bit of both. I’d rather arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham win it than city, but if city win it I’m not that arsed. Will probably become more arsed as time goes on and they rack them up but maybe not. Liverpool winning it is Armageddon.
Maybe I'm going soft but I'm struggling to give a £#%&! about it, especially when the alternative is city. Despite them being the enemy since playground days, despite every argument ending with "18+4", despite them being the only club comparable to us in stature. We won the war, we beat them in just about everything, took almost everything they hold dear. Now post-fergie things are different, no-one is going to dominate like either of us did so if they do manage a title while it will be insufferable it won't be the end of the world like it once would have been.

Quote:

I didn’t say they were. But they sure seem more concerned about being known as such. And really, they are bigger enemies of football than the glazers anyway, no matter how shit people like the glazers are.
Don't see how they are bigger enemies, football has no soul. Oligarch, vulture capitalist, petro-state, there is no difference.

Unread 03-12-2018, 09:50 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Maybe I'm going soft but I'm struggling to give a £#%&! about it, especially when the alternative is city. Despite them being the enemy since playground days, despite every argument ending with "18+4", despite them being the only club comparable to us in stature. We won the war, we beat them in just about everything, took almost everything they hold dear. Now post-fergie things are different, no-one is going to dominate like either of us did so if they do manage a title while it will be insufferable it won't be the end of the world like it once would have been..
ysb

Unread 03-12-2018, 10:10 AM
Denis Irwell

Cool

Quote:
If city pissing the league and Liverpool reaching the European cup final didn’t motivate the club to invest this summer, nothing will. Apart from finishing outside the top 4, obviously. We’re done as a football club with footballing ambition.

Meh. It’s Abu Dhabi F.C.

Liverpool on the other hand would have done it the hard way and earnt it. And their fans have been unbearable even though they’ve been largely shit for 30 years. £#%&! putting up with them and the scouse media love in as title winners. City winning the league is forgotten by the world a day later.

Dodgerers

Unread 03-12-2018, 10:26 AM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Dodgerers
I've just found myself in agreement with Jammy

Unread 03-12-2018, 11:27 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:

So you don't care or you don't care in comparison to Liverpool winning it? I don't need city fans to remind me, I can perfectly remember myself that they smashed the league last year, or that we choked their first league. Their owners are no more enemies of football than ours are, or than the PLC were.
Correct, in as much as they are all enemies of football.

City may be absolutely dripping in corruption and cash but it’s nothing Rea, Madrid or Barcelona or Bayern Munich et al haven’t been doing for decades.

Saying City’s success means nothing is sour grapes and a refusal to recognise the modern game. This shit is football now.

Unread 03-12-2018, 11:29 AM
andyroo

Is Middleton full of berts? Us lot don't know as many berts, whereas we're surrounded by Liverpool fans. Does make a difference even if it shouldn't.

Hell I know more Leeds supporters than berts.

Unread 03-12-2018, 11:33 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Is Middleton full of berts? Us lot don't know as many berts, whereas we're surrounded by Liverpool fans. Does make a difference even if it shouldn't.

Hell I know more Leeds supporters than berts.
Loads of them. It’s a difficult time. Im getting gloating messages every tiime we play. It’s all coming home to roost. I wouldnt mind but it was never worth more than an off hand dismissal of shitty little city while they were floundering about like the the @#%&!s they are and we were having rivalries with europe’s best.

This is like one of their fleeting derby day victories but lasting forever.

Unread 03-12-2018, 11:36 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
Loads of them. It’s a difficult time. Im getting gloating messages every tiime we play. It’s all coming home to roost. I wouldnt mind but it was never worth more than an off hand dismissal of shitty little city while they were floundering about like the the @#%&!s they are and we were having rivalries with europe’s best.

This is like one of their fleeting derby day victories but lasting forever.
Just respond with 'I don't care as long as Liverpool don't win it' it crushes them.
Closed Thread