United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-08-2008, 03:58 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
hasnt played a game pre season. our 17m man and not even a whisper of when he will be back.
Here she is!!

How's it going Marlo girl?

Unread 05-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Whalefish

He's having a series of injections in his knee to clear the problem once and for all. A problem that may not have arisen had he been able to rest properly last season.

No idea if he'll make the Newcastle game though, suspect he'd be marked down as doubtful.

Unread 05-08-2008, 04:32 PM
Crumps

Quote:
hasnt played a game pre season. our 17m man and not even a whisper of when he will be back.
Like a broken £#%&!ing record.

Unread 05-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Withers

Quote:
You are on holiday, a time to relax.

Yet in an all consuming desire to prove you are never wrong you drag up a thread that is 4 weeks old.

You want to try sticking knickers on your head now and again, you might lighten up.

Unread 19-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
I've said all along that he isn't what we need. Neither is Carrick. We should have bought the very best available at the time, not people who could do a job. Then we had a good season and people told me I was wrong, I even almost started believing it. You mark my words, Hargreaves will not be running our midfield in 2-3 years time. £18M we spent on him.
Now that everyone has come round to my way of thinking, should we just bang a £35M bid in for Fabregas?

Unread 19-08-2009, 11:01 PM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Now that everyone has come round to my way of thinking, should we just bang a £35M bid in for Fabregas?
Can't play for us in Europe now

Unread 19-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Corrigan
Can't play for us in Europe now
He'd be good for 8 years, it really bugs me when SAF uses that as an excuse for not buying someone shit hot.

Unread 19-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
He'd be good for 8 years, it really bugs me when SAF uses that as an excuse for not buying someone shit hot.
I agree but it's never gonna happen is it, we won't spend £35m on anyone let alone somebody whos cup tied in Europe

Unread 19-08-2009, 11:10 PM
dunk

Quote:
Yep.

And £40m bid for Iniesta.

Plus a £60m bid for Torres.

£#%&! it, slap in an £85m bid for Ronaldo too.

Unread 19-08-2009, 11:28 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Yep.

And £40m bid for Iniesta.

Plus a £60m bid for Torres.

£#%&! it, slap in an £85m bid for Ronaldo too.
The Glazers promised us £25M per season in transfers net. We've been to 2 European Cup Finals and won 3 leagues on the bounce. In addition the revenue all English clubs received for selling the Premier League rights abroad was higher than expected.

We've just got £80M for Ronaldo and this is a position in the squad that we've not properly sorted since Keane went down hill a couple of years before he left. Why can't we expect £35M to spend on arguably the most important position in the team? The club were happy to sanction £22M or so for Tevez, they bid for Benzema. The money is there.

Unread 19-08-2009, 11:29 PM
Sparky***

can we buy hargreaves some new legs?

Unread 19-08-2009, 11:29 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
The Glazers promised us £25M per season in transfers net. We've been to 2 European Cup Finals and won 3 leagues on the bounce. In addition the revenue all English clubs received for selling the Premier League rights abroad was higher than expected.

We've just got £80M for Ronaldo and this is a position in the squad that we've not properly sorted since Keane went down hill a couple of years before he left. Why can't we expect £35M to spend on arguably the most important position in the team? The club were happy to sanction £22M or so for Tevez, they bid for Benzema. The money is there.
Oh aye, Arsenal, and Wenger in particular will be desperate to sell Fabregas to us.

And we'd be Fabregas' first choice, not Barcelona.

Unread 19-08-2009, 11:32 PM
dunk

Quote:

I didn't say it wasn't. I was being serious.

Unread 20-08-2009, 08:14 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Oh aye, Arsenal, and Wenger in particular will be desperate to sell Fabregas to us.

And we'd be Fabregas' first choice, not Barcelona.
You're right, £#%&! it let's not bother trying. Maybe Arsenal are £#%&!ed off with Barca the way we are with Real. They've been unsettling Fabregas for years now. They may sell him to us just to piss them off or maybe, because we outbid them.

I remember people saying there was no way Benzema would go for less than £60m+ but he went for £30M+ add ons. Most clubs are skint, got to be worth a punt.

Unread 20-08-2009, 10:13 AM
dodger

Quote:

Surely this is no surprise to you though

Unread 20-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Firswood Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Surely this is no surprise to you though

he's fishing

Unread 05-02-2010, 06:24 PM
shadowplay

Default Re: owen hargreaves

Partytown was in Carrington today. When asked by a poster did he think Owen would return:

No i dont personally but he might come into training one day and think £#%&! it lets give it a go.Hes in similar boat to ole who knew he would be in pain in later life but wanted to give it his best.Its totally up to him but the lads on the coaching staff seem to think he wont play again
Closed Thread