United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Unread 16-05-2019, 12:48 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger View Post

Because they thought they were having a baby and lost it before it was born.
they only lost a fetus though?

Unread 16-05-2019, 12:58 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
they only lost a fetus though?
it's like losing a semi-final, though.

Unread 16-05-2019, 01:45 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
what does that even mean?

I'm suggesting there are various reasonable positions that could be put in a debate somewhere between the extremes of pro-life and pro-choice. and that any issue can be discussed by anyone with empathy, not just victims or participants. and somehow that's just so typical of me? um....ok.

it is reasonable to say that an unborn child might enjoy some rights at some point. you would appear to agree, given your opinion that the 24-week limit should be lowered. at some point, one might argue it is not merely a woman's body (and the baby isn't just a bunch of cells). any more than if you punch someone in the face you could argue no one else should be allowed to control your fist.

and should a woman simply be able to abort a child that is wanted by the father? creating a child is not something you do on your own. the views of doctors also get taken into account. why would you leave a decision solely to the woman? and why should the laws be framed by women? it's not a women's issue. it's a societal issue. how many other subjects are you going to carve out of public debate and hand over to special interests? you might find yourself in prison for transphobia before you know it.

are you really trying to say I shouldn't have or express an opinion or that, if I do, it shouldn't count? fuck off.
These things make the issue complex in general, but they don't make it any less mental to force a woman to have a baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post
Truth is, quite a few abortion opponents don't really care about the "unborn child" that much. What really motivates them is punishing women for wanting and enjoying sex.

After all, that is basically what most fundamentalist religious people (not just Christians btw) are all about innit.
Riccers on point as per imho Not all, but quite a few.

Unread 16-05-2019, 06:47 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
there is no threat to imprison women who have abortions. soz
Apologies, it's under the threat to imprison the doctors that help the women. My mistake. This makes the whole thing a lot better and a lot less barbaric...

If someone can provide information that shows this law is being brought in for the sake of science and for the improvement of the human race, and not at the behest of angry, old Bible bashing men, forcing their own twisted interpretation of the 'word of god' onto victims of serious sexual assualts, then I'll have a rethink on my personal opinion of this law.

Last edited by Patty_b; 16-05-2019 at 07:02 AM.

Unread 16-05-2019, 07:05 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcantona View Post
Because accidents and rape never happen do they.
In florida where a reason must be given rape accounts cor less than 1% of abortions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
very easy to enjoy sex on birth control so that's a nonsense argument.

it's not promiscuous woman getting pregnant, it's woman having out of the blue sex imo.
Bloody randy bunch. They should be on lock down.

Unread 16-05-2019, 07:08 AM
shenwen

While generally in support of the cause, really wish the protestors would stop dressing up as the women in the Handmaidís Tale. Cheapens the argument when you have to do fancy dress.

Unread 16-05-2019, 07:10 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcantona View Post
They donít give a fuck about life when itís the death penalty.
And pro choicers donít when itís a baby. The irony of this particular piece of hypocrisy being the baby they want to kill is innocent while the criminal they want to save is a murderer. Birds of a feather and all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
Yes.

Anything that looks like an alien can get in the bin.

At least that's what society says.
And how does that make you feel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b View Post
Apologies, it's under the threat to imprison the doctors that help the women. My mistake. This makes the whole thing a lot better and a lot less barbaric...

If someone can provide information that shows this law is being brought in for the sake of science and for the improvement of the human race, and not at the behest of angry, old Bible bashing men, forcing their own twisted interpretation of the 'word of god' onto victims of serious sexual assualts, then I'll have a rethink on my personal opinion of this law.
I canít work out how the people who want to preserve life are the barbarians on this subject.

Last edited by Hands of Scone; 16-05-2019 at 07:16 AM.

Unread 16-05-2019, 07:31 AM
ericcantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone View Post
And pro choicers donít when itís a baby. The irony of this particular piece of hypocrisy being the baby they want to kill is innocent while the criminal they want to save is a murderer. Birds of a feather and all that.

And how does that make you feel?

I canít work out how the people who want to preserve life are the barbarians on this subject.
Itís not a baby in those early stages. Itís some cells.

If science figures out a way for the men who so desperately want the baby that the woman does not to carry it and give birth then by all means. But until then shut the fuck up because itís not your body who has to go through 9 months of growing a baby and then pushing it out in one of the most painful moments of your life just to give the baby you were forced to have to someone else. No doubt the woman would feel guilt forever too and be tracked down by the child and asked why they were never wanted. Sounds fucking fantastic

Unread 16-05-2019, 07:40 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone View Post
I think it's something to do with the state forcing people to bear the children of rapists on the interpreted word of a make believe sky fairy.

Last edited by Patty_b; 16-05-2019 at 07:43 AM.

Unread 16-05-2019, 07:46 AM
Knockers

Genius move by the Alabama taliban to include the rape and incest bit. This way they can make a big show of dropping it eventually and get credit for being fair but still make abortion almost completely illegal. Reach for the moon and hit the stars.