United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts

Unread 15-05-2019, 12:08 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
All a load of meh tbh.

Most unsatisfying death of a major character ever as well.
Which one? Could be any. ***spoiler***
But if you mean Cersie and Jamie then yes, it was absolutely shit - can only imagine the writers had no ideas left. "Falling rubble? Yeah, that'll do."

Unread 15-05-2019, 12:10 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
But if you mean Cersie and Jamie then yes, it was absolutely shit - can only imagine the writers had no ideas left. "Falling rubble? Yeah, that'll do."
***spoiler***
Euron - "I'm the man that killed Jaime Lannister"

Twenty minutes later

Bricks actually kill Jaime Lannister, who seemed to have made a total recovery from being stabbed twice through his torso, which I'm assuming will have punctured at least one vital organ.

Unread 15-05-2019, 12:10 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
***spoiler***
The writers are such shitcunts I fully expect Jamie & Cersei to have survived that collapse. What a pathetic way to off them if not
Was thinking the same myself. Even by the writer's very low standards, that was a bad end. Eight seasons and what a fucking cop out.

Unread 15-05-2019, 01:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Yep.

From the show that gave us the various weddings, the golden crown and so many moments of the despised finally getting theirs or the shock of a beloved character being offed in sudden and violent fashion, that was what they came up with for one of the most deserving. Absolutely pathetic.

Only watching the last one out of spite tbh.

For those of us forced to watch in delayed and slightly nefarious manner, what's the script with the sound quality? Everything I've found has suffered from awful distortion.

Unread 15-05-2019, 06:59 PM
BarryX

***spoiler***
Surely Jamie will have saved Cersei, and she'll wake up with him having protected her and the baby from the rocks? No way could they have killed them both off like that, at the very least they'd have given a much more gory death. I blinked and practically missed it, FFS.

Not sure why the need for spoilers?

Unread 15-05-2019, 07:08 PM
TreeFiddy

I also find it hard to believe that is how it ends for the twincesters.

Unread 15-05-2019, 09:57 PM
boreez

Each week I come up with theories about what the writers are actually doing. And they always cease to amaze me.

Unread 15-05-2019, 10:01 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreez
Each week I come up with theories about what the writers are actually doing. And they always cease to amaze me.
There were so many awesome theories they could have run with and still made the ending Martin gave them work. It's like they've made it a priority to do the shittest thing possible in any given situation just because they know no one will expect it; it's not even that people didn't expect some of the stuff that's happened, just the way it has happened has been piss poor. They 100% can't wait to start work on their Star Wars trilogy.

Unread 15-05-2019, 10:06 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Basically the two intelligent characters Varys and Tyrion have become incompetent and pushed to the sidelines these last 2 seasons because the screenwriters are fucking stupid so can't come up with anything intelligent for them to say or do
it happens to all hands. oh yes I did!

Unread 16-05-2019, 03:26 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
***spoiler***
Surely Jamie will have saved Cersei, and she'll wake up with him having protected her and the baby from the rocks? No way could they have killed them both off like that, at the very least they'd have given a much more gory death. I blinked and practically missed it, FFS.

Not sure why the need for spoilers?
That would be even worse than just killing them

Another cheap plot trick