United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-12-2019, 01:04 AM
armchair

Default Roy Keane was left unimpressed by Manchester United star after being invited to give a secret talk

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ampaign=149 0

Unread 08-12-2019, 01:07 AM
d_knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Pogba

Unread 08-12-2019, 01:07 AM
atticusgrinch

Hopefully it's Young.

Unread 08-12-2019, 01:11 AM
Ethers

Martial judging by his comments tonight

Unread 08-12-2019, 01:14 AM
Parlabane

After his comments on Sky after the match my money is on Martial

Unread 08-12-2019, 01:28 AM
windy waffles

Needs to be make number 2.

Unread 08-12-2019, 01:31 AM
S/Side.Red

Absolutely obliterated my confidence in Ole.

Unread 08-12-2019, 01:38 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Unread 08-12-2019, 01:39 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

Unread 08-12-2019, 01:39 AM
utd99

Quote:
Why?

Unread 08-12-2019, 01:40 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Asking Keane to speak with the squad.

Was a bit tongue in cheek lads ffs, but still why?

Unread 08-12-2019, 01:44 AM
utd99

Quote:
Asking Keane to speak with the squad.

Was a bit tongue in cheek lads ffs, but still why?
Charlton addressed the squad on more than one occasion under Fergie; it’s not a sign of weakness at all.

Btw - Has to be Martial.. Is that the secret reason for the objection?

Unread 08-12-2019, 01:47 AM
armchair

pepped martial up.thought it was his best game in ages. i'm a huge fan of the guy. if he applied himself every game he'd be in the top 5 players in the world imo

Unread 08-12-2019, 01:49 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Charlton addressed the squad on more than one occasion under Fergie; it’s not a sign of weakness at all.

Btw - Has to be Martial.. Is that the secret reason for the objection?
Charlton is not Keane. I quite like Keane from an entertainment point of view. Unapologetic: says what he believes; believes what he says. It’s rare in this day and age.

Not a chance in £#%&!ing hell I want the manager letting him anywhere near the players.

Unread 08-12-2019, 01:52 AM
armchair

Quote:
Charlton is not Keane. I quite like Keane from an entertainment point of view. Unapologetic: says what he believes; believes what he says. It’s rare in this day and age.

Not a chance in £#%&!ing hell I want the manager letting him anywhere near the players.

Unread 08-12-2019, 01:59 AM
dunk

Quote:
This. They used to get them to watch the official history and learn about Munich etc. too, didn't they? Make sure they understood as close to first hand as possible what they were representing. Keane seems a £#%&!ing good option to get that message across.

Good to hear it from someone other than the manager too I'd imagine

Unread 08-12-2019, 02:02 AM
utd99

Quote:

He was captain of the team during the most successful time in our history. Ole’s the manager and if he thinks there’s value in it...He was obviously inspired by Keane as a player.

Unread 08-12-2019, 02:05 AM
armchair

I love keane getting involved. oh dear some players will be upset. i don't care. we should have a brutal culture, not an easy going culture where players can just play for a decade and not win anything and feel like they've had a career. £#%&! those players.

This is Manchester United. Not Sheffield Wednesday or Leeds

Unread 08-12-2019, 02:09 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
He was captain of the team during the most successful time in our history. Ole’s the manager and if he thinks there’s value in it...He was obviously inspired by Keane as a player.
Yep, I see why he went for it.

It terrifies me because Keane is clearly a psychopath.

But it seems to have worked on recent evidence.

Unread 08-12-2019, 02:10 AM
utd99

Quote:
Yep, I see why he went for it.

It terrifies me because Keane is clearly a psychopath.

But it seems to have worked on recent evidence.
Bet Fergie wasn’t enthralled by it.
Closed Thread