United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-02-2020, 07:29 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showt...highlight=timo thread from 2017 ... started by me ..watched again last night f*** hes a good player , ideal for us , not sure why he would go liverpool . mainly as would he be playing everyweek ?
Not that we ever would but i would get rid of martial . Along with pogba gives us a decent pot of money to play with. Werner , grealish/havertz and possibly a CB?

However I have a feeling ighalo will be made permenant unless a catastrophe occurs as he is almost the " perfect " player to come in for a couple of years till greenwood matures abit.

Unread 20-02-2020, 09:43 AM
dunk

Quote:
https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showt...highlight=timo thread from 2017 ... started by me ..watched again last night £#%&! hes a good player , ideal for us , not sure why he would go liverpool . mainly as would he be playing everyweek ?
https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...82&postcount=9

Unread 20-02-2020, 10:26 AM
puressence

tbh dunk me and your good self think the same

Unread 20-02-2020, 10:40 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showt...highlight=timo thread from 2017 ... started by me ..watched again last night £#%&! hes a good player , ideal for us , not sure why he would go liverpool . mainly as would he be playing everyweek ?
Yeah I can think why he’d go to Liverpool either.

Unread 20-02-2020, 10:53 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Would he even get into the team?!

Yes. Yes he would. Next question.

Unread 20-02-2020, 11:00 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b

Would he even get into the team?!

Yes. Yes he would. Next question.
We need to get our heads out of this fantasy world where footballers think like fans. They don’t.

Within the next 5 years you’ll have a generation of players coming through who probably won’t remember the last time we won a league title.

Unread 20-02-2020, 11:04 AM
puressence

Quote:
who they dropping to accomodate ? hence the reason i said ..hes not coming to watch

Unread 20-02-2020, 11:09 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
who they dropping to accomodate ? hence the reason i said ..hes not coming to watch
I don’t know mate I’m not Liverpool manager.

Unread 20-02-2020, 11:16 AM
puressence

Quote:
I don’t know mate I’m not Liverpool manager.
really ..wow the way you talk was convinced herr flick had a log in

Unread 20-02-2020, 11:23 AM
Sapien

Quote:
really ..wow the way you talk was convinced herr flick had a log in
Been a while since anyone said anything to sparky about hair flick.

Unread 20-02-2020, 11:25 AM
utd99

Quote:
We need to get our heads out of this fantasy world where footballers think like fans. They don’t.

Within the next 5 years you’ll have a generation of players coming through who probably won’t remember the last time we won a league title.
So? Prior to this year you could say there were three generations of players who went through their whole careers without seeing Liverpool winning the title, and prior to that people who would remember City in the freight rover trophy before recalling them competing at the top. Yet here they are now, the bigger draw than United.

I’m not sure why we persist with this underlying implication that what is happening now is all there is and current trends will continue forever. It seems like everyone who are currently dominant are the dynasty du jour, but really, how many actual dynasties have there been? Football is cyclical and always will be. That’s not to dismiss some of the awful decisions made since Fergie retired, but we’re still the biggest and richest club; we’ll be back.

Unread 20-02-2020, 11:26 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Been a while since anyone said anything to sparky about hair flick.
I was going to mention the teeth

Unread 20-02-2020, 11:27 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
I'd put him ahead of Salah in that Liverpool team personally. Or maybe they just rotate.

We had an epic choice of forwards at one point, no reason why Liverpool wouldn't want to do the same.

Unread 20-02-2020, 11:28 AM
AK14

Is he really that good?

When ever I’ve seen him (admittedly not that much) he’s been decent at best.

Unread 20-02-2020, 11:29 AM
utd99

Quote:
I'd put him ahead of Salah in that Liverpool team personally. Or maybe they just rotate.

We had an epic choice of forwards at one point, no reason why Liverpool wouldn't want to do the same.
Then you’re off your rocker.

Unread 20-02-2020, 11:32 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
So? Prior to this year you could say there were three generations of players who went through their whole careers without seeing Liverpool winning the title, and prior to that people who would remember City in the freight rover trophy before recalling them competing at the top. Yet here they are now, the bigger draw than United.

I’m not sure why we persist with this underlying implication that what is happening now is all there is and current trends will continue forever. It seems like everyone who are currently dominant are the dynasty du jour, but really, how many actual dynasties have there been? Football is cyclical and always will be. That’s not to dismiss some of the awful decisions made since Fergie retired, but we’re still the biggest and richest club; we’ll be back.
Looking forward to Preston's renaissance.

Unread 20-02-2020, 11:36 AM
puressence

Quote:

these are players a the top of there game not an old man teddy and a player just happy being there ole ...

Unread 20-02-2020, 11:41 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Looking forward to Preston's renaissance.
Good point.

Unread 20-02-2020, 11:46 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
these are players a the top of there game not an old man teddy and a player just happy being there ole ...
Salah's contributions haven't matched his 17-18 season, when everyone was prematurely talking about him being at the same level as Messi and Ronaldo.

If they got a hefty offer for Salah to cover the outlay for Werners transfer and have a little extra left, then they'd be mental not to accept that imo.

And even if they kept Mane and Salah, why the frig would he not want to move there?

"You can either play most of the games this season, probably win the league and seriously compete in the Champions league under a fellow countryman who probably knows everything that you're about.

Or, you can play a few more games over the course of the season, challenge for 4th place for a few years, and play in the Europa League for a team that stopped being a dominant force 7 years ago."

That'll be a toughie for someone who has no real allegiance one way or another to either club...

Unread 20-02-2020, 11:49 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
However I have a feeling ighalo will be made permenant unless a catastrophe occurs as he is almost the " perfect " player to come in for a couple of years till greenwood matures abit.
I’d he does well and is good influence in the dressing room, he’d be worth keeping as backup given how short we are there even if we buy another one.

Quote:
Doesn’t matter. If you were a united fan you’d know we once went 26 years without the title and was still the biggest club in Britain, with the biggest crowds, still a wordwide support, still the most prestige, still the most storied and still the club 99% of British players wanted to play for.
Closed Thread