United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-01-2020, 02:24 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Nothing tp do with nationality. You know only too well tjat had he not played for the club then winning two leagues in Norway and topping a Europa group would not have got him within a sniff of the job.

I'm all for people supporting Ole (I do myself in a roundabout way) but lets not start pretending he has a CV that holds him in good stead for one of the biggest jobs in football.

Mata is 31. I don't see your point.

I know your coming at this from an anti-Woodward angle, and I agree, but we still need to be realistic. This team, as bad as it is, should not be losing regularly to teams like Watford, Villa and Bournemouth.
But can't run and is ineffective in the role he is supposed to play 90% of the time as a result. Walcott is still useful as his pace remains, meaning he can still do the job required. I doubt a team in England would even entertain the prospect of signing him at this point.

Unread 22-01-2020, 02:25 PM
Zorg

Page after page of people livid with Solskjaer, and not one credible replacement cited.

'Why is everyone accepting mediocrity', they cry as they demand a sacked Spurs manager with no trophies to his name is given the hotseat.

Unread 22-01-2020, 02:26 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Page after page of people livid with Solskjaer, and not one credible replacement cited.

'Why is everyone accepting mediocrity', they cry as they demand a sacked Spurs manager with no trophies to his name is given the hotseat.
Chris Wilder would do a better job.

Unread 22-01-2020, 02:27 PM
dunk

Quote:

All operating amidst some incredible belief that the mediocrity that has apparently been accepted will immediately be rectified without a single player leaving or arriving or the owners or DoF £#%&!ing off; just a change of manager. Mad.

Unread 22-01-2020, 02:28 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Nothing tp do with nationality. You know only too well tjat had he not played for the club then winning two leagues in Norway and topping a Europa group would not have got him within a sniff of the job.
it was tongue in cheek tbf

Quote:
I'm all for people supporting Ole (I do myself in a roundabout way) but lets not start pretending he has a CV that holds him in good stead for one of the biggest jobs in football.
Why are we so suddenly bothered by £#%&!ing CV's?! Some of the top managers about didn't have belting CV's, and some of our worst managers had fantastic CV's.

Football under LVG isn't the 'Man United way', he wasn't getting enough from the team, he wasn't a long term appointment - lets get rid.

Football under Mourinho was crap and not the 'Man United way', he's not getting enough from the team, based on history he isn't going to be a long term appointment. He isn't going to promote youth and only wants to buy aging players. He's negative and toxic - lets get rid.

Ole's trying to play fast attacking football with wide players who try and score goals, he's trying to get rid of the shite from the squad, promoting youth and looking to recruit players under 26 years of age. He's really positive and under his management there is very little about the internal goings-on about the club that gets out (much like under his mentor); but his CV's not the best - lets get rid.

Shred the £#%&!ing CV's, turn them into bog roll and let me wipe my arse with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

If he done so well why was he NEVER linked with a job over here or in Europe - he wasn't even linked with Championship clubs ffs.

I admire your stubbornness in supporting him, I really do, but this is £#%&!ing laughable.
Time for an avatar change?

My Name is Keith

Quote:

If he done so well why was he NEVER linked with a job over here or in Europe - he wasn't even linked with Championship clubs ffs.

I admire your stubbornness in supporting him, I really do, but this is £#%&!ing laughable.
Windy pissed off he's not one of 'Moyes, Redknapp, Sherwood, Jose etc linked whenever there's a job going' failed managers club.

Hands of Scone

Quote:
Chris Wilder would do a better job.
Deontay Wilder might be worth a shot. There’d be no disciplinary problems.

Unread 22-01-2020, 02:30 PM
92ToBury

The only manager that was the wrong choice was Moyes. The rest of the time it has been Woodward. Moyes was too giddy at simply getting the job to be able to sort transfers out and Woodward didn’t have a clue but was the Glazers’ favourite because of his commercial deals. Fergie needs to tell the Glazers this. The longer he leaves it, though, the better it looks for what he achieved. He can also leave it all on Moyes for destroying it.

Woodward needs to be removed from the football side, it doesn’t matter which manager comes in.

Unread 22-01-2020, 02:34 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Norway. Really? Care to name any managerial greats (or... alrights) who cut their teeth winning the league in Norway?

Unread 22-01-2020, 02:36 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
But can't run and is ineffective in the role he is supposed to play 90% of the time as a result. Walcott is still useful as his pace remains, meaning he can still do the job required. I doubt a team in England would even entertain the prospect of signing him at this point.
Ask Everton fans what they think of Walcott. He's their Lingard. Which supports my initial point - you think we have a shit squad because you watch every game. The grass may appear greener on the other side but not for those who live there.

Unread 22-01-2020, 02:36 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Karen Ingebrigsen won the league 3 years in a row. Restored pride and hunger to a downtrodden and defeated Rosenberg, winning the most incredible treble of titles seen in the artic circle since the great Nils Arne Eggen and his legendary 'tretten'. Must be one hell of a talent.

Unread 22-01-2020, 02:37 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Time for an avatar change?
Why? Has Ole injured him too due to his incompetence?

Unread 22-01-2020, 02:38 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It doesn't. But he didn't come here as manager, he came as caretaker. Then the performances on the pitch added to whatever he was telling the suits was his plan to rejuvenate the club were sufficient to get him the job. His past CV points at being able to get a team doing the necessary to win the title. He now needs to be given the time to implement his changes, which undoubtedly includes a huge overhaul of playing staff without the budget to do so and a halfwit doing the negotiating.

I said the same way back in this thread. He was perfect to be caretaker. But making him permanent was a mistake (hindsight I know). But we'll see. This season is a write off. If he is around next season, it's shit or get off the pot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
it was tongue in cheek tbf

Why are we so suddenly bothered by £#%&!ing CV's?! Some of the top managers about didn't have belting CV's, and some of our worst managers had fantastic CV's.

Football under LVG isn't the 'Man United way', he wasn't getting enough from the team, he wasn't a long term appointment - lets get rid.

Football under Mourinho was crap and not the 'Man United way', he's not getting enough from the team, based on history he isn't going to be a long term appointment. He isn't going to promote youth and only wants to buy aging players. He's negative and toxic - lets get rid.

Ole's trying to play fast attacking football with wide players who try and score goals, he's trying to get rid of the shite from the squad, promoting youth and looking to recruit players under 26 years of age. He's really positive and under his management there is very little about the internal goings-on about the club that gets out (much like under his mentor); but his CV's not the best - lets get rid.

Shred the £#%&!ing CV's, turn them into bog roll and let me wipe my arse with them.

?
Agreed. Past managerial experience and success counts for nothing. Should just pick names out of a hat.

Unread 22-01-2020, 02:40 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Why? Has Ole injured him too due to his incompetence?
Not that I'm aware of, just wondering who's next. Bielsa? Allegri? Poch again?

Quote:
Agreed. Past managerial experience and success counts for nothing. Should just pick names out of a hat.
It's a remarkable coincidence if that's how Ole got the job tbf. One that shouldn't be overlooked either, it's obviously divine intervention.

Unread 22-01-2020, 02:42 PM
dunk

Quote:
Ask Everton fans what they think of Walcott. He's their Lingard. Which supports my initial point - you think we have a shit squad because you watch every game. The grass may appear greener on the other side but not for those who live there.
I'd swap Lingard for Walcott right now

Unread 22-01-2020, 02:45 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
I said the same way back in this thread. He was perfect to be caretaker. But making him permanent was a mistake (hindsight I know). But we'll see. This season is a write off. If he is around next season, it's shit or get off the pot.

We did and we got Ole.

Roy Keane had a better cv.

And Paul Ince.

Unread 22-01-2020, 02:46 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Well it depends. Do you want someone to surpass Solskjaer's mammoth progress? In that case you could pretty much pick anyone. I'm sure any half-decent championship manager could manage manchester united to about 8th

Or do you want someone who is going to get manchester united challenging for top honours again? in that case the options are few and far between

Unread 22-01-2020, 02:48 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
And Paul Ince.
Imagine that wonky eyed beadle banging on with himself in press conferences

Unread 22-01-2020, 02:53 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Imagine that wonky eyed beadle banging on with himself in press conferences

Looking like Ole in a post match interview after we've been beaten again.

Unread 22-01-2020, 02:55 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Looking like Ole in a post match interview after we've been beaten again.
reported.
Closed Thread