0-10 8 11.11%
10-15 15 20.83%
15-20 30 41.67%
20-30 15 20.83%
30+ 4 5.56%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 31-07-2023, 10:23 AM
no fun

He will score in the friendly v Lens, maguire will jog over to congratulate him, trip over, grab Rasmus’s leg to gain his balance and snap his ACL

Out for the season

Unread 31-07-2023, 10:24 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
17 goals all competition which is respectable in his first season.

what that says about a manager who signed weghorst as a stop gap to find a solution in the summer is another thing
this is the solution he came up with.
Who would you have signed?

Unread 31-07-2023, 10:28 AM
Patty_b

Between 25 - 30 for the season.

Unread 31-07-2023, 10:37 AM
est.1878

15 no vote. ...

Unread 31-07-2023, 10:50 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Who would you have signed?
if i was a highly rated manager and worked at the biggest club in the world I’d have found a adequate striker so we aren’t starting the season at a handicap.

9 months to find a striker and we end up going all in a 20 year old and havign to rely on rashford who at best is hit and miss (more miss that hit except for occasional purple patches)

Unread 31-07-2023, 10:55 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
if i was a highly rated manager and worked at the biggest club in the world I’d have found a adequate striker so we aren’t starting the season at a handicap.

9 months to find a striker and we end up going all in a 20 year old and havign to rely on rashford who at best is hit and miss (more miss that hit except for occasional purple patches)

Unread 31-07-2023, 11:02 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
starting the season fresh of the back of 400m spending with “limited expectation from our sole striker” is a handicap.

we should be gassed up a predicting doing a arsenal last season but instead we are predicting 15 goals from our star striker after only scoring 58 league goals last season.

but it’s abu/ wum/ glazers fault.
there so many positives blah blah blah

Unread 31-07-2023, 11:10 AM
wiganste

Quote:
starting the season fresh of the back of 400m spending with “limited expectation from our sole striker” is a handicap.

we should be gassed up a predicting doing a arsenal last season but instead we are predicting 15 goals from our star striker after only scoring 58 league goals last season.

but it’s abu/ wum/ glazers fault.
there so many positives blah blah blah
Blowing a big lead and winning £#%&! all?

Unread 31-07-2023, 11:22 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste

Unread 31-07-2023, 11:27 AM
silv

Quote:

Would you go for Kane? Mbappe? Giroud? Lewandowski?

Unread 31-07-2023, 11:30 AM
Ethers

Marlo thinks Mbappe is signing for Liverpool to play Europa League football, so I think his opinion on strikers should be taken with a pinch of salt tbh

Unread 31-07-2023, 11:31 AM
wiganste

Quote:
There isn't anyone available, that's the problem

Osihem would be around £130m, Levy wouldn't sell us Kane unless we paid around £120m

We've actually struck a good deal for one of Europe's up and coming strikers and still people cry about it.

Unread 31-07-2023, 11:38 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Marlo thinks Mbappe is signing for Liverpool to play Europa League football, so I think his opinion on strikers should be taken with a pinch of salt tbh
What opinion? He was asked the question and shit it with a complete non-answer. Which is strange because you'd have thought it'd be his job to know which players would or would not be available to us. Or at least have a much better idea than us plebs.

Unread 31-07-2023, 11:48 AM
dunk

Quote:
There isn't anyone available, that's the problem

Osihem would be around £130m, Levy wouldn't sell us Kane unless we paid around £120m

We've actually struck a good deal for one of Europe's up and coming strikers and still people cry about it.
This.

And we’ve still got Martial, the manager rates him and if he gets and stays fit there’s your ‘adequate’ striker capable of 25 goals in all comps.

If we were to sell Martial I’d be expecting another striker.

It’s a gamble, but Osimhen is never fit, so he’d be a massive gamble, Kane is 30 with ankles made of glass, so he’s a gamble. The other young strikers linked would be no more of a guaranteed success than Hojlund. Anyone anything like established will be priced between £80-100m due to the lack of strikers out there

Unread 31-07-2023, 11:55 AM
marlo

Quote:
challenging for the league for respectable amount of time?

but then tbf that wont ring any bells to us anymore as standards are right in the mud.

last year our striker score no league goals but brought the best out of everyone else in the team or whatever that mean.

the apparent upgrade is 'cant expect too much in his first season'

of course being disappointed that we aren't gonna challenge for the league is alien to you. I apologise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
bro opinion on strikers.

theres a few things you can throw at means some rightfully so but man to man after your weghorst saga are you really telling me its my opinion on strikers that should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Quote:
no id find middle ground to balance out the fact he have a young striker coming in to should the goal scoring burden.

we sign average players all the time (mount for example) so we can find a average striker to give us a respectable source of goals for the season..

a manager who signed malacia , weghorst and mount cant find a decent striker. try the bins he has been scrummaging through for those 3.
the bar is so low so not too hard.

Unread 31-07-2023, 11:56 AM
silv

Quote:

but then tbf that wont ring any bells to us anymore as standards are right in the mud.

last year our striker score no league goals but brought the best out of everyone else in the team or whatever that mean.

of course being disappointed that we aren't gonna challenge for the league is alien to you. I apologise.

bro opinion on strikers.

theres a few things you can throw at means some rightfully so but man to man after your weghorst saga are you really telling me its my opinion on strikers that should be taken with a pinch of salt.

no id find middle ground to balance out the fact he have a young striker coming in to should the goal scoring burden.

we sign average players all the time (mount for example) so we can find a average striker to give us a respectable source of goals for the season..

a manager who signed malacia , weghorst and mount cant find a decent striker. try the bins he has been scrummaging through for those 3.
name a couple mate?

Unread 31-07-2023, 12:00 PM
wiganste

He can't

His irrational hatred for ten Hag clouds any reasonable debate.

Unread 31-07-2023, 12:00 PM
Ethers

Quote:

bro opinion on strikers.

You’re making out like I singled him out to sign

We played better with him in the side, for a spell, and the results back that up. Gave his all, but was ultimately ineffective as a goal scorer, and towards the end of his time here even his all round contribution dropped.

In the circumstances we were in, we were extremely limited in who we could sign, which you repeatedly fail to acknowledge. He came in and did a job for us, and without him, I’ve no doubt he wouldn’t have had such a successful season.

If we’d signed him permanently this season, it would clearly have been a mistake. We didn’t though. Yet certain people still can’t stop going on about him

Unread 31-07-2023, 12:07 PM
Time For Heroes

Still no actual names then Marlo??

Unread 31-07-2023, 12:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
Still no actual names then Marlo??
It’s a cop out, criticism for the sake of it.