United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-12-2015, 01:40 AM
Sparky***

Default The youth setup

Is it getting the much needed overhaul yet?

Unread 01-12-2015, 01:55 AM
Sparky***

Your gifs.

Unread 01-12-2015, 01:57 AM
waynes ear's

Love that one tbh

Unread 01-12-2015, 04:00 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Love that one tbh
No...., really?

Unread 01-12-2015, 07:55 AM
waynes ear's

Lolzers

Unread 01-12-2015, 08:17 AM
Red Al

It needs some work on it for sure as clubs like Southampton and Everton seem to bring some decent players through.

Who was our last decent player to come through the ranks(and not west brom or Sunderland level)?

Unread 01-12-2015, 08:48 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
It needs some work on it for sure as clubs like Southampton and Everton seem to bring some decent players through.

Who was our last decent player to come through the ranks(and not west brom or Sunderland level)?
Terry Cooke

Unread 01-12-2015, 08:49 AM
RedMenace

The u18s have lost six games in a row. There are one or two that are decent and they're already being used in the U21s.

Unread 01-12-2015, 09:16 AM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al

Welbeck

Unread 01-12-2015, 09:24 AM
My Name is Keith

Asked the same question a bit ago. Thought by now, Louis would have put his substantial thumb print on the club set up - especially given that city have invested very heavily in this (and publicised it to death)

No one knew. Can't imagine that a three year term helps tbh. Not sure what motivation there is for lvg to overhaul it all with that in mind.

Saying that, it's easy to put the youth set up to the back of your mind when the first team is galloping ahead playing wonderful free flowing football.

Unread 01-12-2015, 09:26 AM
itisme_panaflex

A year and a half in

he's bled in more youth in his 1&1/2 yr than ferguson did in his last 11*

*made it up, but feels true.

Unread 01-12-2015, 09:29 AM
Switching Off

U21s beat the dippers last night. Fellaini and Powell on the scoresheet.

Unread 01-12-2015, 09:30 AM
PeakyBlinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Terry Cooke

Toss up between him and Simon Davis for me.

Unread 01-12-2015, 09:45 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
A year and a half in

he's bled in more youth in his 1&1/2 yr than ferguson did in his last 11*

*made it up, but feels true.
Half way into his tenure pal. Anyway, Not sure the question relates to how many youth team members he has put into the 1st team, I think it's more to do with has he looked at our academy set up at all given its poor record over the last decade.

He may well have done - but no one knew.

Unread 01-12-2015, 09:49 AM
andyroo

So Keith, how many have the berts brought through out of their super duper new academy we should be emulating?

Unread 01-12-2015, 09:59 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
So Keith, how many have the berts brought through out of their super duper new academy we should be emulating?

Unread 01-12-2015, 10:02 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Haven't done yet Obvs but if you listen to the senior berts it's about setting up a system whereby they can avoid spending as much in the future. Creating a more sustainable model to the one they themselves have created. They're investing in 7 year olds at the end of the day - the question you have asked will be answered in time.

Not sure how anyone can argue against a club having 1st class youth facilities in one of the most deprived places in the country benefitting some of the most deprived communities in the country though. Well I'm sure many on here will.

They also have a huge scouting network - my son plays in loads of under 8 tourno's in Manchester and they are always there. United rarely are for some odd reason.

If city don't benefit then a lot of lower league clubs will.

United have a good set up too but it isn't as good as city's from all accounts.

Unread 01-12-2015, 02:18 PM
Ethers

Pretty sure he said when he took over that his remit was to sort the first team out, and any restructuring of the youth system would have to wait. Will try and find the quotes later when I can be arsed.

Unread 01-12-2015, 02:24 PM
andyroo

So van Gaal should have his thumb print on the youth setup after a year and a half, but the sheikhs' project after seven years, and they're the ones actually paying for it unlike van Gaal, just needs more time. Okay.

Unread 01-12-2015, 02:30 PM
Bunker Buster

Not having scouts at under 8 tournaments is worrying....year and a half in now and he's not sending his staff to the U8's...
Closed Thread