United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-11-2015, 11:38 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Football scholes takes another pot-shot

schweinsteiger been too cautious he says. probably just about fair enough. what happened to giving people a chance to settle in a bit? expect/hope him to push on even more now.

lobs in a snide at lvg too

“Schweinsteiger claps a backpass to the goalkeeper and he plays every week, so the manager must be happy with the way they play."

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....-more-10496575

Unread 24-11-2015, 11:39 PM
silv

Seems a nob tbh

Unread 24-11-2015, 11:40 PM
Sparky***

Another ex-United player making a living on telly by saying negative things about us.

Lot of money in that.

Unread 24-11-2015, 11:43 PM
S/Side.Red

These quotes are from his BT preview before the Watford game.

Rooney isn't getting the service. Then funnily enough we created several clear-cut chances for Memphis and Lingard.

And Schweinsteiger scored obvs.

Unread 24-11-2015, 11:44 PM
Switching Off

Looked positively devastated after that late goal on Saturday.

Unread 24-11-2015, 11:45 PM
teflon_terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Another ex-United player making a living on telly by saying negative things about us.

Lot of money in that.
You do it for nothing.

Unread 24-11-2015, 11:47 PM
sa7

Scholesy turning into a proper gobshite, sad to see.

He should get back to doing the school run and sinking four pints at last orders.

Unread 24-11-2015, 11:52 PM
jem

would be fairer to say schwein has been used conservatively and could get forward more with carrick and schneidi playing, but van gaal seems to like a 2-man midfield (silly old coot).

Unread 24-11-2015, 11:54 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by teflon_terry
You do it for nothing.
Yeah but i care

Unread 25-11-2015, 12:10 AM
Alan

“There are too many passes before getting into the final third, which is why the forwards like Wayne Rooney have struggled. They don’t get the service."

Can't believe Scholes is coming out with stuff like this. Surely he must know by now that you need to pass it sideways and backwards more than anyone else in the league to be successful.

I mean , what would he know about success in this league, compared to Van Gaal?

Unread 25-11-2015, 12:13 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
would be fairer to say schwein has been used conservatively and could get forward more with carrick and schneidi playing, but van gaal seems to like a 2-man midfield (silly old coot).
Doesn't need to say it at all

Unread 25-11-2015, 12:16 AM
Jack Duckworth

never meet your heroes (or let them speak).

Unread 25-11-2015, 12:17 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
“There are too many passes before getting into the final third, which is why the forwards like Wayne Rooney have struggled. They don’t get the service."

Can't believe Scholes is coming out with stuff like this. Surely he must know by now that you need to pass it sideways and backwards more than anyone else in the league to be successful.

I mean , what would he know about success in this league, compared to Van Gaal?
So why isn't he managing if he knows it all? He could walk into a championship job before Christmas if he wanted, and after two years with all his brilliant ideas about how to make United successful he would no doubt have Chesterfield in the Champions League.

Or he can keep talking, telling people with the drive and balls to actually do the job how they should be doing it.

£#%&!ing great player but an absolute gobshite nowadays.

Unread 25-11-2015, 12:19 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Scholesy turning into a proper gobshite, sad to see.

He should get back to doing the school run and sinking four pints at last orders.
This. Needs to stfu.

Unread 25-11-2015, 12:30 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
So why isn't he managing if he knows it all? He could walk into a championship job before Christmas if he wanted, and after two years with all his brilliant ideas about how to make United successful he would no doubt have Chesterfield in the Champions League.

Or he can keep talking, telling people with the drive and balls to actually do the job how they should be doing it.

£#%&!ing great player but an absolute gobshite nowadays.
Drive and balls . He's a pundit.,

Not sure what he says is necessarily wrong tbh - you can question his motivation for saying it though which I think is driven by what the co92 think about van gaal and his methods. And Giggs obviously.

But he's an ex United pundit so he's bound to be on united's case as are many ex players turned pundits.

Tbf, we are slow, cautious and we pass back and square an awful lot. We don't take huge risks in games and I don't think we do play to Rooneys strengths. Partly because he's got so few nowadays. When did we last counter attack with any sort of pace?

It doesn't mean it's not effective because it is (we're second ffs) and I have seen some improvement in the excitement stakes with Jesse etc but not one can tell me it couldn't be more direct, less cautious and more exciting.

Unread 25-11-2015, 12:33 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Drive and balls . He's a pundit.,

Not sure what he says is necessarily wrong tbh - you can question his motivation for saying it though which I think is driven by what the co92 think about van gaal and his methods. And Giggs obviously.

But he's an ex United pundit so he's bound to be on united's case as are many ex players turned pundits.

Tbf, we are slow, cautious and we pass back and square an awful lot. We don't take huge risks in games and I don't think we do play to Rooneys strengths. Partly because he's got so few nowadays. When did we last counter attack with any sort of pace?

It doesn't mean it's not effective because it is (we're second ffs) and I have seen some improvement in the excitement stakes with Jesse etc but not one can tell me it couldn't be more direct, less cautious and more exciting.
The drive and balls of those who manage, rather than be a pundit I meant.

Yes he has a point, to a degree, but he goes on and on and on and on about it, as of he has an agenda to get rid of LVG.

And his love for Rooney is mind boggling. He's right to say he gets less service than he'd like, but when he does get service it's 50/50 whether he'll Co trolling it or spoon it to the corner flag.

Ginger bastard.

Unread 25-11-2015, 12:35 AM
dragflick

Quote:

Yes he has a point, to a degree, but he goes on and on and on and on about it, as of he has an agenda to get rid of LVG.

And his love for Rooney is mind boggling. He's right to say he gets less service than he'd like, but when he does get service it's 50/50 whether he'll Co trolling it or spoon it to the corner flag.

Ginger bastard.

And all spot on.

Unread 25-11-2015, 12:43 AM
Buck

De Gea's kicks never reach Rooney
Blind's throws never reach Rooney
Smalling's headers never reach Rooney
Fellaini's chest gets in the way of Rooney

Poor Rooney

Unread 25-11-2015, 12:44 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

Ginger bastard.
Don't get the drive and balls point. Not everyone can manage a professional football club pal. Those of us that don't can comment on those that do. It's what 's been happening in the football world for many years.

I agree that the anti lvg agenda isn't a figment of anyone's imagination and it wouldn't surprise me if there's a groundswell of Fergie acolytes involved. Rooney as well I would suggest.

But, it will go away and or certainly become more irrelevant if lvg is either successful or gets the team playing reasonably attractive football. Neither's happened so far after a huge investment to date by the club in both new players and the manager. Surely a manger with the reported size of balls lvg has isn't going to let a loud and slightly irritating ex player knock the wheels off?

Unread 25-11-2015, 12:46 AM
Whip Hubley

He needs to speak less tbh
Closed Thread