United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 17-03-2021, 09:40 PM
redhegemony

Default A.C. Milan v Manchester United : Official Match Thread : 18th March '21 8pm

Thursday 18th March 20.00 k.o.
BT Sport 2 from 19.15

TRAVELLING SQUAD: THE FULL LIST

De Gea, Henderson, Grant; Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw, Telles, Tuanzebe, Wan-Bissaka, Williams; Amad, Fernandes, Fred, James, Matic, The Scottish Player, Pogba, van de Beek; Greenwood, Rashford.

Unread 17-03-2021, 09:47 PM
ZiggyStardust

DvB is alive

Unread 17-03-2021, 09:49 PM
TheWhiteParrot

PP

Unread 17-03-2021, 09:49 PM
puressence

24 hours early. Peeking. 1-2

Unread 17-03-2021, 09:57 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

The PP return got me buzzing like a kid on Christmas Eve.

Unread 17-03-2021, 10:54 PM
Chris Quayd

Shame we won't have 10k+ there again tomorrow, best away following in the world nq

Unread 17-03-2021, 11:15 PM
red in cumbria

Ngl, its a change from match threads being started at (sometimes almost literally) the last minute

Unread 18-03-2021, 10:26 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
DvB is alive
Should be good for about 8 minutes.

Unread 18-03-2021, 11:02 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Should be good for about 8 minutes.
I don’t like the way he’s treating this kid I have to say. Unless there’s a compelling reason we don’t know about, it all feels a bit spiteful and Mourinho-esque.

Unread 18-03-2021, 11:14 AM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I don’t like the way he’s treating this kid I have to say. Unless there’s a compelling reason we don’t know about, it all feels a bit spiteful and Mourinho-esque.
Donny's national coach's brother:

"he told his agent he’s so happy at Man United because the club is one of the best in terms of how they treat him, he feels loved.”

Not saying this contradicts your point, but it would suggest he's not being treated in a spiteful manner (unless everybody but the manager is nice to him). I think it's just that Ole doesn't quite trust him yet.

He's not done a great deal when he's got minutes, but at the same time he hasn't had the chance to play his way into the side.

The injury came at the worst time, because I think he would've played at least a few games over the last couple of weeks with the other players we had out.

Unread 18-03-2021, 11:26 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Donny's national coach:

"he told his agent he’s so happy at Man United because the club is one of the best in terms of how they treat him, he feels loved.”

Not saying this contradicts your point, but it would suggest he's not being treated in a spiteful manner (unless everybody but the manager is nice to him). I think it's just that Ole doesn't quite trust him yet.

He's not done a great deal when he's got minutes, but at the same time he hasn't had the chance to play his way into the side.

The injury came at the worst time, because I think he would've played at least a few games over the last couple of weeks with the other players we had out.
That's nice.

Personally I think we should toughen them up.

'...you suck, Donny'

What's that, boss?

'I said keep it up, Donny'

Unread 18-03-2021, 04:08 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Donny's national coach:

Well it wasn’t his national coach, it was his national coach’s brother, and it’s sort of interesting you left out the quote about being unhappy with his lack of opportunities. If I was a pro footballer I think I’d be more concerned with actally playing than how quickly they sorted out my flat.

Honestly, no one on here can know Ole’s reasoning, but it just seems so out of character. The amount of time he spent on the bench in his career, he must know, and sympathise, with how soul crushing it can be. And if it’s just about ability, or lack, then I’ve not seen that either at Ajax, with Holland or here. How many opportunities did he give Lingard and Pereira before binning them off - and they were real shit@#%&!s.

It just doesn’t make sense.

Unread 18-03-2021, 04:21 PM
20LEgend1999

2-2. United go through, but plenty of moan about. Everyone is happy.

Unread 18-03-2021, 05:34 PM
Bunker Buster

V worried......

Think we could easily go out.....

They impressed last week

Unread 18-03-2021, 05:55 PM
no fun

Think we will go out

Can then concentrate on top 4 and getting beat in the fa cup final

Unread 18-03-2021, 05:56 PM
Coracao

Not sure what to expect. They got any players back, they were missing a few big hitters last time.

Unread 18-03-2021, 06:32 PM
Dr Stranger

We missed our chance last week. Went from an excellent result to shite in the blink of an eye.

Can’t see it and can’t say I’m overly arsed. I’d much rather win on Sunday and finish second.

Unread 18-03-2021, 06:37 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
We missed our chance last week. Went from an excellent result to shite in the blink of an eye.
Watching us defend a lead is painful, better to know you have to score than try and fail to keep a clean sheet before switching tactics.

Unread 18-03-2021, 06:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Not sure what to expect. They got any players back, they were missing a few big hitters last time.
Zlatan..

Unread 18-03-2021, 06:43 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Watching us defend a lead is painful, better to know you have to score than try and fail to keep a clean sheet before switching tactics.
Well, unless we score in the last minute, we’ll likely be defending what we’ve got at some point tonight too. We need to get better at it or kill games off earlier. We’re not very good at either.

I don’t fancy us to do the necessary damage tonight or see it through if we do.