United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 03-11-2022, 10:24 PM
Dasilvatwins

I think it shows where we are as a club. Not in the “best in the world” category but certainly a club that’s developing and building.

He went to his 3-3-3-1 formation that he has played during Ajax and well it’s fair to say it didn’t work. However considering it’s the first time they played it and were chasing a game it’s harsh to be critical on it.

He tried to switch it up it didn’t work . We also lack depth which we knew before the match started. It’s been less than 6 months since ETH and so much has already changed. Both on and off the pitch . Ideally we won bu two goals but we are still through to the next round and we end up effectively getting a champions league fixture . He has had one window in which the chuckle brothers decided to have a scatter gun approach but thankfully we ended up with some good players. Hopefully our luck continues or the parasites sell up.

We are far from complete but at the very least for the first time in many many years , we are atleast on the road to becoming a top team.

Unread 03-11-2022, 10:30 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Don't think anyone is losing their shit and reckon most would agree with everything else, I'm just wondering about the tactical changes when the game was going our way and we were there or there about, shape wise we looked good. Could understand the rashford change but all the other changes seemed stupid and odd, subs and tactics, the maguire one was bizarre.

he's bound to make some mistakes.
He’s a proactive manager. He’ll make more mistakes than some gimp who just watches the game pass him by. I’ve got no complaints. Tough game, load of injuries and a nonsense format.

Unread 03-11-2022, 10:46 PM
armchair

Unread 03-11-2022, 11:14 PM
Sparky***

Yeah good win, great goal by Garnacho against a team of professional spoilers.

I don't know about you but i'm £#%&!ing sick to death of playing these playacting £#%&!ing spoilers like Sevilla, Villarreal and Sociedad in the Europa every £#%&!ing season.

Unread 03-11-2022, 11:33 PM
Zorg

Me watching that last corner in injury time

Unread 04-11-2022, 12:01 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We'll get barcelona and they'll see us out. Martinez is suspended for one of the games so we'll have to look forward to Frankenguire and KD Lang at the back.
Barca are maybe at their worst for 50-odd years currently.

Unread 04-11-2022, 03:02 AM
shenwen

We won away. Can live with that.

We need to find a way to drop Ronaldo. His brain is asking him to do things his body can't. Also need more strength is depth. Bringing on McFred brings nothing. Could even argue it takes away. Poor Beeky. This isn't his level.

Unread 04-11-2022, 07:53 AM
My Name is Heath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
James Blunt wrote a song for that goal. It’s called “you’re beautiful”
YWHGR

Unread 04-11-2022, 10:15 AM
windy waffles

ETH has called out the fact we need striking options so here's hoping in January.

Arnautovic is bang on form in Serie A - 7 goals in 10 games... Maybe the deal will be resurrected...

Unread 04-11-2022, 10:18 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
ETH has called out the fact we need striking options so here's hoping in January.

Arnautovic is bang on form in Serie A - 7 goals in 10 games... Maybe the deal will be resurrected...
He also said he was preparing to build a team around Donny

Unread 04-11-2022, 10:36 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

You seem to forgetting Ronnie’s purple patch is just around the corner.

1 goal in 9 games in the prem I think

Unread 04-11-2022, 10:39 AM
Stickman

that miss was a shocker - one of the easiest finishes going that.

Unread 04-11-2022, 11:14 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
He also said he was preparing to build a team around Donny

Unread 04-11-2022, 11:39 AM
tatty

I thought we were looking good last night, certainly a million miles from where we were under you-know-who.

Another couple of transfer windows and I think we’ll be nearly there.

Unread 04-11-2022, 11:42 AM
Zorg

Unread 04-11-2022, 11:43 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Can't get my head around this play off nonsense. Finish 2nd in our group to play a team who's finished 3rd in another competition and gone out? How are they getting a second chance at another trophy?
to try and drum up interest in this shit stain of a competition

still want to win it though

Unread 04-11-2022, 11:50 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
to try and drum up interest in this shit stain of a competition

still want to win it though
Agreed.

Rather play a top team anyway than some shit from Macedonia.

Some potential potential two-legged ties.

Unread 04-11-2022, 11:58 AM
Drexl

eeeee you have to laugh

Unread 04-11-2022, 12:18 PM
AK14

Unread 04-11-2022, 02:06 PM
dunk

Rather have him up front than at CB tbph.