United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 28-10-2022, 08:33 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
He didn’t exactly kick it out for a goal kick did he. He very nearly played someone in. The spin itself creates time and space to allow him to make the pass.

If it had come off people would be creaming themselves over it and calling him a genius
Believe it went out for a goal kick, so yes he did kick it out for a goal kick may not have been his intention, but that's what he did.

Unread 28-10-2022, 08:39 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Doing it was fine as far as I was concerned. It was more the fact he played a shit pass afterwards and gave them the ball back. Had he set up a goal nobody would care but don’t showboat then give the ball away.
I wasn’t being serious pal.

It’s no big deal. He’s a bit of a #@&%! and out of all our new signings, I like him the least.

Worryingly, there’s a eau da lingard about him. One minute it’s a showboating spin, the next it’s beanz songs on insta. Really hope not but he is a concern.

Unread 28-10-2022, 08:43 AM
Dasilvatwins

Antony looks a player with bags of potential. He needs to improve his crossing and maybe switch it up and take his man on a bit more down the line.

Unread 28-10-2022, 08:55 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Antony looks a player with bags of potential. He needs to improve his crossing and maybe switch it up and take his man on a bit more down the line.
Sounds like Ronaldo circa 2004

Unread 28-10-2022, 08:57 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Like the look of him, always available, works hard. The tricks and shit He'ii get better at them or we get better as a team and there is always something on. Player.

Unread 28-10-2022, 09:00 AM
Stickman

If you’re going to do something like that there needs to be substance. Nothing moment in context of occasion and outcome.

Unread 28-10-2022, 09:01 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Believe it went out for a goal kick, so yes he did kick it out for a goal kick may not have been his intention, but that's what he did.
Coracao sees a 30 yard free kick go a few inches past the post - “Why has he just kicked that out for a goal kick?”

Unread 28-10-2022, 09:01 AM
silv

It's not like the trick bamboozles a player or draws them in for a tackle...

its like a kid pressing up and down on a remote control car ffs

utterly pointless

Unread 28-10-2022, 09:03 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Coracao sees a 30 yard free kick go a few inches past the post - “Why has he just kicked that out for a goal kick?”
Ethers trying to argue black is white.

Shocked.

Unread 28-10-2022, 09:03 AM
NedKelly

I keep watching it over and over. Magical bit of skill.

Unread 28-10-2022, 09:08 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
It's not like the trick bamboozles a player or draws them in for a tackle...

its like a kid pressing up and down on a remote control car ffs

utterly pointless
It’s not though. Watch it again. If he had stood there with his foot on the ball, the defender would have moved in to close him down. Doing the spin made the defender stand off him, because he wasn’t really sure what was happening or what he would do next, and it gave Antony a bit of time until the through ball became available, and allowed Dalot to make a run to drag the defender wide.

Was it the best option in that instant? Maybe not. Was it pointless? No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Ethers trying to argue black is white.

Shocked.
“I believe it went out for a goal kick, so yes he did kick it out for a goal kick”

Unread 28-10-2022, 09:09 AM
Stickman

it looked nice when he did it v Chelsea and tbph if he did it at Anfield after us sealing a game he’d go down in folklore.

Couldn’t care what likes of Scholes says, he’s a bona fide whinge.

Unread 28-10-2022, 09:10 AM
Coracao

Quote:

“I believe it went out for a goal kick, so yes he did kick it out for a goal kick”
I'm on the side of facts, pal.

Unread 28-10-2022, 09:18 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Wondering why people are not taking this performance for what it was, they are not a shit team, they beat Real not long back and utd humbled them.

There wasn't a utd player that didn't do well last night. Clinical, take that form into the league and we'll be up amongst it.

Unread 28-10-2022, 09:20 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Wondering why people are not taking this performance for what it was, they are not a shit team, they beat Real not long back and utd humbled them.

There wasn't a utd player that didn't do well last night. Clinical, take that form into the league and we'll be up amongst it.
Probably because they are one of the poorest sides we have ever played in Europe

Unread 28-10-2022, 09:20 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

They were utter shite pal. I think I even heard when they beat Madrid because it was international news. On a par with Rochdale.

Unread 28-10-2022, 09:23 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Can’t believe the hate Antony is getting for wanting to entertain. Hope he does it every game.
Yeah I don’t get it.

Kids will love it and be attempting (and failing) over the next couple of weekends.

The over hit through ball that went out for a goal kick made it a bit but the constant noise about it is £#%&!ing way OTT.

Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
savage is fuming cos his kid wasnt on the bench the dick.. Bet his weird brother on twitter is singing the same tune ffs
exactly

went back to being his #@&%!head-self last night tbh.

Dasilvatwins

Quote:

They are a shit team. Not a single player who played against Madrid played last night.

Doesn’t take anything away from a professional performance from United, but they’re a shit team

Unread 28-10-2022, 09:25 AM
AK14

Quote:

I get what you’re saying.

They were utter shit but how many times over the last few years have we made shit like this look decent and struggle to put them away. We dominated the game without really getting out of second gear and a young kid was given a run out and looked pretty £#%&!ing good.

People just like to moan about a thing and everything.