United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-03-2013, 01:47 AM
matth_22

Default Michael carrick

112 out of 119 yesterday. 38 out of 44 in the attacking third. His passing range is sublime.

Class player who's had a lot of shit said about him from our fans, he's proven his worth for the last 2 years, he should be playing more for England but i'm not complaining.

Unread 03-03-2013, 01:49 AM
Gruber

Complaining gets you nowhere anyway pal.

Carrick has been outstanding this season.

ILFTYNT

Unread 03-03-2013, 01:51 AM
matth_22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruber
Complaining gets you nowhere anyway pal.

Carrick has been outstanding this season.

ILFTYNT
i'm a fan of his, i've never complained about him, he's shown how important he is to the team, if he plays well, we play well, also he's getting the credit he finally deserved.

Unread 03-03-2013, 01:56 AM
Gruber

Have to say I have been luke warm to him over the last 2 seasons, but he's been one of our most important players this season. I'm happy to see it because he's a quality midfielder.

Unread 03-03-2013, 02:50 AM
Busby3859

Probably the funniest, most ridiculous post I ever read on another forum was that it was Michael Carrick's fault that our team gave possession away most of the time. I thought to myself that is clearly not true, he's one of the players in the squad at keeping the ball. As I read on the poster wasn't blaming Carrick personally for misplacing passes but blamed him because he would pass the ball back to our Defenders and Goalkeeper on occassions and they would just smash it up field.....I was lost for words. The old "only passes it sideways and backwards" myth.

Im pleased to see that some haters now finally understand what Michael Carrick does for the team and appreciate how he does it.

I personally believe his contribution has always underated and the praise he is getting now if we'll overdue. He's calm and composed on the ball, can keep it simple or hit a great long pass. Playing just in front of the back four he intercepts alot of passes, but because it wasnt a crunching tackle like Keane or Robson it goes un-noticed.

In my opinion he's always played the game in the right way. Although not the quickest getting around, he's a wonderful passer of the ball and most importantly he keeps possession for the team. He's an intelligent footballer who keeps things ticking over.

I am a believer that possession is king. If you have the ball for the majority of the game you have a greater chance of scoring and winning which naturally results in the oppossition having a lesser chance to do either of those things. So if there is no pass on, and it has to go backwards or sideways so be it! He is key to that side of the team's play and i wish we had even more players like him Scholes, Kagawa and Cleverley who appreciate the ball and possession of it.

People have asked over the years what Ferguson see's in him. But all I think fans need to see is that he's trusted Michael Carrick in 3 European cup finals, which has been Ferguson's biggest desire and obsession. Enough said. The boy is an absolute class act that deserves all the praise he gets and every England manager over the years have missed a trick, the fools.

Unread 03-03-2013, 03:11 AM
VodkaAndCoke

Unread 03-03-2013, 09:34 AM
Busby3859

Good point well made

Unread 03-03-2013, 09:37 AM
Cream

Amazing how Carrick's best form since joining United has coincided with fans finally waking up to his worth.

Unread 03-03-2013, 09:38 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Amazing how Carrick's best form since joining United has coincided with fans finally waking up to his worth.
Hello Cream.

Unread 03-03-2013, 10:09 AM
carlosartorial

Carricks been playing well for 18 months. The fact the internet branch only clocked this in December only highlights how stupid most of them are.

Unread 03-03-2013, 10:22 AM
matth_22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby3859
Probably the funniest, most ridiculous post I ever read on another forum was that it was Michael Carrick's fault that our team gave possession away most of the time. I thought to myself that is clearly not true, he's one of the players in the squad at keeping the ball. As I read on the poster wasn't blaming Carrick personally for misplacing passes but blamed him because he would pass the ball back to our Defenders and Goalkeeper on occassions and they would just smash it up field.....I was lost for words. The old "only passes it sideways and backwards" myth.

Im pleased to see that some haters now finally understand what Michael Carrick does for the team and appreciate how he does it.

I personally believe his contribution has always underated and the praise he is getting now if we'll overdue. He's calm and composed on the ball, can keep it simple or hit a great long pass. Playing just in front of the back four he intercepts alot of passes, but because it wasnt a crunching tackle like Keane or Robson it goes un-noticed.

In my opinion he's always played the game in the right way. Although not the quickest getting around, he's a wonderful passer of the ball and most importantly he keeps possession for the team. He's an intelligent footballer who keeps things ticking over.

I am a believer that possession is king. If you have the ball for the majority of the game you have a greater chance of scoring and winning which naturally results in the oppossition having a lesser chance to do either of those things. So if there is no pass on, and it has to go backwards or sideways so be it! He is key to that side of the team's play and i wish we had even more players like him Scholes, Kagawa and Cleverley who appreciate the ball and possession of it.

People have asked over the years what Ferguson see's in him. But all I think fans need to see is that he's trusted Michael Carrick in 3 European cup finals, which has been Ferguson's biggest desire and obsession. Enough said. The boy is an absolute class act that deserves all the praise he gets and every England manager over the years have missed a trick, the fools.
England need players that need to keep possession, he's the perfect player to do that.

Unread 03-03-2013, 10:25 AM
Part 36 Offer

who are all these new mongs? :shakehead:

sad to £#%&!ing see

Unread 03-03-2013, 10:25 AM
wonky no

he needs to shoot more instead bottling it when its the obvious thing to do. he doesnt weigh in with anything like enough goals. tackling too, he doesnt tackle enough.

Unread 03-03-2013, 10:26 AM
Mr Castro

It's because Carrick does the unnoticed things that he doesn't get the credit. The only reason he doesn't get that credit is because the people who are paid to have an opinion on such matters don't notice those things, other than Gary Neville perhaps. Carrick's pass completion rate is always high because he's always thinking two passes ahead I'd say, and that's the mark of a good midfielder, especially one who does the things that Carrick does.

Unread 03-03-2013, 10:26 AM
matth_22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
he needs to shoot more instead bottling it when its the obvious thing to do. he doesnt weigh in with anything like enough goals. tackling too, he doesnt tackle enough.
He does.

Unread 03-03-2013, 10:27 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by matth_22
He does.
hiya.

he doesn't.

Unread 03-03-2013, 10:28 AM
matth_22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
hiya.

he doesn't.
hello

he does.

Unread 03-03-2013, 10:31 AM
Mr Castro

He does tackle, but he prefers to intercept. Those are two different things.

Unread 03-03-2013, 10:41 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Castro
He does tackle, but he prefers to intercept. Those are two different things.
correct, it's £#%&!ing mongfest on here at the moment

Unread 03-03-2013, 10:51 AM
dunk

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
correct, it's £#%&!ing mongfest on here at the moment
Leave wonky alone
Closed Thread