United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-02-2015, 01:58 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Tbr pls stop. You're behaving like a 13 yr old girl who got the wrong colour iPhone for Christmas.

Unread 23-02-2015, 02:00 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Tbr pls stop. You're behaving like a 13 yr old girl who got the wrong colour iPhone for Christmas.
So you think Ander has been shite then?

Unread 23-02-2015, 02:03 PM
ChairmanMao

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
When have we ever sat on a 1-0 this season? Maybe West Ham after we were down to ten.

Hell the other day we wouldn't mark a set-piece a second after we scored. Real team orders that one.

We're all finding it frustrating but some of you are seeing what you want to see.
Tbf that's an accusation that cuts both ways, and anyway isn't it true of any situation like this, there will always be glass half emptiers and glass half fullers. The only question now is who turns out to be right, have we got a former worldy manager who's Cappelloed or is he just working in a mysterious way before pulling it all together in a holy shit moment and romping to third going away. We're at the precipice now, this is where Moyes downward spiral went terminal

Look at Sparky last year he was very much glass half emptiers, this year he's scoping where the top red / sage bandwagon is and for the moment he's glass half fullers, Sparky's our bellwether, as soon as he turns you can be sure the majority verdict is in.

Unread 23-02-2015, 04:20 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChairmanMao
Tbf that's an accusation that cuts both ways, and anyway isn't it true of any situation like this, there will always be glass half emptiers and glass half fullers. The only question now is who turns out to be right, have we got a former worldy manager who's Cappelloed or is he just working in a mysterious way before pulling it all together in a holy shit moment and romping to third going away. We're at the precipice now, this is where Moyes downward spiral went terminal

Look at Sparky last year he was very much glass half emptiers, this year he's scoping where the top red / sage bandwagon is and for the moment he's glass half fullers, Sparky's our bellweather, as soon as he turns you can be sure the majority verdict is in.
The point is, he has done that before. Which doesn't mean that he will now, of course - its the hope that kills you

Unread 23-02-2015, 04:24 PM
Ethers

Back to Ander, I notice people are a bit scared to point out he was partly at fault for the first goal. Shelvey was his man, and should not have been allowed that time and space to cross it.

Unread 23-02-2015, 04:26 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Back to Ander, I notice people are a bit scared to point out he was partly at fault for the first goal. Shelvey was his man, and should not have been allowed that time and space to cross it.
To be fair to the lad, he was still giddy we played some decent football rather than knocking it long to the big wig.

Unread 23-02-2015, 04:47 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
He's not the best defensively tbh. However what £#%&!ing planet Luke Shaw was on at the time that goal went in is anyone's guess.

Unread 23-02-2015, 06:58 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
People on here who know enough about the game to call one of the greatest managers in modern history clueless wouldn't be mentioning stuff like that, pal. Or the fact that Herrera also was part of the midfield that couldn't take control of the game at Leicester when it got frantic, just like Saturday. He failed to pick up that Korean lad for his goal at Old Trafford, too, and of course Shelvey's winner came because nobody in the midfield closed down the ocean of space he was in. Basically, the midfield has tended to be wide open away from home when Herrera plays.

But, of course, there are no reasons for the decisions LvG makes. He knows nothing about the game. There's a photo of him on the bench that proves that ffs.

Unread 23-02-2015, 07:43 PM
ChairmanMao

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
People on here who know enough about the game to call one of the greatest managers in modern history clueless wouldn't be mentioning stuff like that, pal. Or the fact that Herrera also was part of the midfield that couldn't take control of the game at Leicester when it got frantic, just like Saturday. He failed to pick up that Korean lad for his goal at Old Trafford, too, and of course Shelvey's winner came because nobody in the midfield closed down the ocean of space he was in. Basically, the midfield has tended to be wide open away from home when Herrera plays.

But, of course, there are no reasons for the decisions LvG makes. He knows nothing about the game. There's a photo of him on the bench that proves that ffs.
You'd think he'd have bought someone given that he let pretty much all our midfield cover leave on freemans in the January window, so his alternative in centre midfield is basically Rooney and then I don't even know, Perreira? Given your superior knowledge of the game to the naysayers, can you explain how he contrived to fashion a weaker midfield squad than even the famed midfield neglector Ferguson? We couldn't even sign De Jong or a couple of loaners as stop gaps? What was his reasoning there given our injury record this season.

Unread 23-02-2015, 07:50 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChairmanMao
You'd think he'd have bought someone given that he let pretty much all our midfield cover leave on freemans in the January window, so his alternative in centre midfield is basically Rooney and then I don't even know, Perreira? Given your superior knowledge of the game to the naysayers, can you explain how he contrived to fashion a weaker midfield squad than even the famed midfield neglector Ferguson? We couldn't even sign De Jong or a couple of loaners as stop gaps? What was his reasoning there given our injury record this season.
Don't think he really wanted Fletcher to go or was prepared for it as such, albeit it hardly makes a difference as he's finished.

I agree about the options. Perhaps the right players haven't come up, or maybe he misjudged Rooney's potential in midfield. There's been bad luck with Carrick and Blind never fit at the same time. Carrick-Blind is a good platform for Herrera and Di Maria.

Unread 23-02-2015, 07:53 PM
Szekely

herrera's quality isn't in his defending. We have others to do that side of things. He should be included for his urgency and movement in the final third. Is Rooney any better defensively?

Unread 23-02-2015, 07:57 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
or maybe he misjudged Rooney's potential in midfield. .

Unread 23-02-2015, 08:03 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szekely
herrera's quality isn't in his defending. We have others to do that side of things. He should be included for his urgency and movement in the final third. Is Rooney any better defensively?
He's no more intelligent defensively, but he's quicker, stronger and brings a better physical balance. I wonder if Carrick and Blind had been fit together how much of Rooney we would have seen in midfield, although there's also been the shoehorn element to it with RvP and Falcao penciled in up top. Must disappoint Keith by saying I doubt LvG really rates/rated Rooney as a midfielder

Unread 23-02-2015, 09:43 PM
Szekely

Quote:
He's no more intelligent defensively, but he's quicker, stronger and brings a better physical balance. I wonder if Carrick and Blind had been fit together how much of Rooney we would have seen in midfield, although there's also been the shoehorn element to it with RvP and Falcao penciled in up top. Must disappoint Keith by saying I doubt LvG really rates/rated Rooney as a midfielder
none of those attributes really contribute to sound defensive play. At least not in the examples you underlined herrera's shortcomings. let's face it, Rooney is pretty much a disaster in midfield. and neither he or herrera are defensive minded players.

herrera's quality and contribution to our attacking play is pretty darn obvious to me. He should be no more the fall guy than any forward player.

I think blind and Carrick have been fit together twice and lvg shunted blind to the back to accommodate him. I've wanted him and Carrick together providing a stable platform since day one.

Unread 23-02-2015, 11:34 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szekely
none of those attributes really contribute to sound defensive play. At least not in the examples you underlined herrera's shortcomings. let's face it, Rooney is pretty much a disaster in midfield. and neither he or herrera are defensive minded players.

herrera's quality and contribution to our attacking play is pretty darn obvious to me. He should be no more the fall guy than any forward player.

I think blind and Carrick have been fit together twice and lvg shunted blind to the back to accommodate him. I've wanted him and Carrick together providing a stable platform since day one.
Being quick and strong helps you press/cover/compete for the ball better than not being quick and strong. As mentioned, both players aren't defensively inclined tactically, but Rooney will probably give more of a physical balance. With Blind and Carrick as a double-pivot, they'd control the space, but Herrera does leave us a bit more open than Rooney. It's a sorry state after so many years

And that game he started in the same side as Carrick, to be fair Blind played CB alongside Mcnair. It was desperation, not a shunt etc.

Unread 24-02-2015, 12:01 AM
jayalexander

I thought people wanted to see quick passing and movement in the middle? It amazes me that some people are clamouring on for Blind and Carrick together in the center. It would be back passes and side passes all over. No penetration whatsoever. One of them on the pitch is enough. Two of them is too negative.

---------Blind
Di Maria - Herrera
---------Mata

Is by far our best midfield. If things get too physical or we become desperate, stick Fellaini on for Herrera. Simple.

Unread 24-02-2015, 12:16 AM
Whalefish

Any chance United could sign Hector Herrera as well? Then they'd have two magnificent bastards in midfield.

Unread 24-02-2015, 12:18 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Any chance United could sign Hector Herrera as well? Then they'd have two magnificent bastards in midfield.
He is ace. Was well impressed with him during the WC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayalexander
I thought people wanted to see quick passing and movement in the middle? It amazes me that some people are clamouring on for Blind and Carrick together in the center. It would be back passes and side passes all over. No penetration whatsoever. One of them on the pitch is enough. Two of them is too negative.

---------Blind
Di Maria - Herrera
---------Mata

Is by far our best midfield. If things get too physical or we become desperate, stick Fellaini on for Herrera. Simple.
Jesus £#%&!ing christ

Unread 24-02-2015, 12:26 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Don't think he really wanted Fletcher to go or was prepared for it as such, albeit it hardly makes a difference as he's finished.

I agree about the options. Perhaps the right players haven't come up, or maybe he misjudged Rooney's potential in midfield. There's been bad luck with Carrick and Blind never fit at the same time. Carrick-Blind is a good platform for Herrera and Di Maria.
£#%&! me, now *that* is worrying

Unread 24-02-2015, 12:30 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
£#%&! me, now *that* is worrying
Lost four captains from the dressing room last summer. I think he appreciated Fletcher's influence at the club, if not on the pitch.
Closed Thread