United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-06-2014, 09:28 AM
JakeB

How on earth can he be flown over here, medicals done, touring the training ground....and then a bid rejected

God we're such a mess in the transfer market.

Unread 26-06-2014, 09:29 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by witter87
If we £#%&! this up again Herrera will be mentally £#%&!ed,Balboa fans are already angry about him leaving and now there is a chance he might have to go back if the deal doesn't go through:shakeheadoor lad
Yep, things could get a bit Rocky.

Unread 26-06-2014, 09:32 AM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter McGavin
If his release clause is met and paid for what exactly are they rejecting?
That's what's puzzling me

Unread 26-06-2014, 09:32 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
How on earth can he be flown over here, medicals done, touring the training ground....and then a bid rejected

Note that the statement says they rejected the bid this week. Could have been before United decided to pay the clause in full. If athletic don't want him to leave and the fans are pissed this really could just be their way of stressing that they're not complicit in this deal.

Unread 26-06-2014, 09:33 AM
barca99

Quote:

New to Ed Woodward pal?

Unread 26-06-2014, 09:33 AM
ZiggyStardust

Wait a second, I thought this was a done deal

going on

Unread 26-06-2014, 09:35 AM
RedMenace

Quote:

The bid was probably done as a courtesy. They're just sticking to their policy of never accepting bids for their players and making them buy themselves out. Herrera has paid the money over to the league so if and when the league give it the ok then there's nothing Bilbao can do. Just makes it a bit more awkward for United but I'm sure they were aware of this before, presumably, giving over the €36m to Herrera.

Unread 26-06-2014, 09:36 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
The bid was probably done as a courtesy. They're just sticking to their policy of never accepting bids for their players and making them buy themselves out. Herrera has paid the money over to the league so if and when the league give it the ok then there's nothing Bilbao can do. Just makes it a bit more awkward for United but I'm sure they were aware of this before, presumably, giving over the €36m to Herrera.
Well United have had a year now to work out how this deal can be done. You'd like to think they finally have it covered

Unread 26-06-2014, 09:38 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Note that the statement says they rejected the bid this week. Could have been before United decided to pay the clause in full. If athletic don't want him to leave and the fans are pissed this really could just be their way of stressing that they're not complicit in this deal.
mate. the straw factory called, they want you to stop clutching their bloody supplies.

Unread 26-06-2014, 09:40 AM
Jethro

Didn't Bilbao pull the same shit with Martinez? He ended up going for 50 million Euros or some shit?

Unread 26-06-2014, 09:41 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
mate. the straw factory called, they want you to stop clutching their bloody supplies.
I'm not that arsed tbh

Unread 26-06-2014, 09:42 AM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Didn't Bilbao pull the same shit with Martinez? He ended up going for 50 million Euros or some shit?
I remember this exact same thing getting rolled out last summer, before old Woody bent the deal over the nearest table and royally £#%&!ed it.

Unread 26-06-2014, 09:47 AM
Jethro

Quote:
I remember this exact same thing getting rolled out last summer, before old Woody bent the deal over the nearest table and royally £#%&!ed it.
The problem lies with them not us. But giving a player the red carpet treatment and a medical without it signed and sealed is a bit nuts.

Unread 26-06-2014, 09:48 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
this the same financial wizard that paid 5M over the release clause for fellaini.

fellaini.

this deal and more will fall apart because the belm at the helm is totally lost when it comes to negotiating with partnerships who are not interested in a deal.

Unread 26-06-2014, 09:50 AM
JakeB

Quote:
The problem lies with them not us.
Oh ok.

Quote:
But giving a player the red carpet treatment and a medical without it signed and sealed is a bit nuts.
Oh...

Unread 26-06-2014, 09:51 AM
andyroo

"Relax lads, we've got this"

Unread 26-06-2014, 09:56 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
this the same financial wizard that paid 5M over the release clause for fellaini.

fellaini.

this deal and more will fall apart because the belm at the helm is totally lost when it comes to negotiating with partnerships who are not interested in a deal.
He didn't

The release clause expired a month before we signed him

We didn't sign him then for less money because Moyes didn't want him to be his first signing
I'm no fan of Woodwar but that was another Moyescaust

Unread 26-06-2014, 10:05 AM
barca99

There are two outcomes to this 'saga'

We don't sign him (most likely outcome)
We chase him all summer and get him for 10 mill more than his buy out clause and he's the only player we sign.

Unread 26-06-2014, 10:15 AM
believe

Thumbs up

looking forward to the Jones, Cleverley, Carrick rotation already.

Unread 26-06-2014, 10:15 AM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrick_16
Its nothing to worry about, its a done deal.
Closed Thread