United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-08-2022, 04:34 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Pretty sure AWB was signed on the strength of the ‘recruitment department’s’ recommendation.

We started negotiating for Maguire a year before he signed. We bought him because the club wanted an English figurehead(literally), unless you believe it’s pure coincidence that Mou and Ole wanted the same CB, of course..
He signed off on Wan-Bissaka though.

Even with Maguire we agreed to pay a fee we refused to pay in 2018. Once again it's very likely he gave the deal his blessing.

I have sympathy with regards to van de Baek because I don't think he wanted him and that was reflected in the minutes given to him.

Overall I think it's fair to say Ole's knowledge of the market wasn't the best.

Unread 15-08-2022, 04:36 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Jenkins
He signed off on Wan-Bissaka though.

Even with Maguire we agreed to pay a fee we refused to pay in 2018. Once again it's very likely he gave the deal his blessing.

I have sympathy with regards to van de Baek because I don't think he wanted him and that was reflected in the minutes given to him.

Overall I think it's fair to say Ole's knowledge of the market wasn't the best.
Yup.

He made the guy captain ffs.

Whether ‘we’ wanted him a year before or not, Maguire was every bit an Ole signing.

Unread 15-08-2022, 04:43 PM
20LEgend1999

"I just realised ralf didn’t sign any players"

No you didn't.

Unread 15-08-2022, 04:50 PM
dunk

Never made sense that Mou wanted him to me, he wanted Alderweireld. Club signing nqat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yup.

Whether ‘we’ wanted him a year before or not, Maguire was every bit an Ole signing.
He made him Captain because there was literally nobody else (wouldn’t put it past Woodward to have included it in Maguire’s contract either btw).

Unread 15-08-2022, 04:51 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
"I just realised ralf didn’t sign any players"

No you didn't.

How can I make a thread about my shit opinions?

Unread 15-08-2022, 04:51 PM
dunk

Nobody at United since about 2007 has had any knowledge of the transfer market.

Unread 15-08-2022, 04:52 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Never made sense that Mou wanted him to me, he wanted Alderweireld. Club signing nqat.
I don't think many players we've signed have been the managers first choices going back to Moyes. It's hardly a secret that our recruitments has been abysmal for years now.

Unread 15-08-2022, 04:57 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I don't think many players we've signed have been the managers first choices going back to Moyes. It's hardly a secret that our recruitments has been abysmal for years now.
Same tbh.

Funny how when Maguire was performing adequately it was ‘if only we got him when Mou wanted him ’ and now he’s demonstrably shit it’a ‘£#%&!ing Ole lumbered us with Maguire’

Deffo the club trying to get the whole England and United Captain thing back via the back door.

Unread 15-08-2022, 05:04 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
This… players have been imposed on him like all other managers.

Donny, Bailly

Think Ole did by Dan James though and needed sacking just for that.

so the board who DONT like spending money or backing managers with ££££, decided to impose a 40m midfielder we didn’t need on him?

abit confusing that if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yup.

probably the poster boy for oles reign .

Faced no punishment or reprimand for his Greece antics, played when not fit, never dropped despite horrific performances

Unread 15-08-2022, 05:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
so the board who DONT like spending money or backing managers with ££££, decided to impose a 40m midfielder we didn’t need on him?

abit confusing that if you ask me.

probably the poster boy for oles reign .

Faced no punishment or reprimand for his Greece antics, played when not fit, never dropped despite horrific performances
Because the midfielders the manager wanted and needed were all £60m+?

In fact, wasn’t it Grealish Ole wanted and he was £80m so they gave him Beek? Another sliding doors moment, Villa go down, as they definitely should’ve, and we get Grealish for about £25m or whatever the clause was and no Beek.

We are having no luck whatsoever.

Unread 15-08-2022, 05:09 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

In fact, wasn’t it Grealish Ole wanted and he was £80m so they gave him Beek?
The way it’s looking Ajax wanted him to £#%&! off as soon as possible. He can’t even get into the current team ten hag is managing.

Would have some shite as 20 mill up front and 20 million in add ons

Unread 15-08-2022, 05:12 PM
92ToBury

Quote:

In fact, wasn’t it Grealish Ole wanted and he was £80m so they gave him Beek?
At least they bought him someone.

Moyes thought he'd won the lottery so didn't care who they bought him.

Van Gaal had a list that was unfulfilled.

Mourinho was told to shop at Sainsbury's not Waitrose.

Ole was given Mourinho's players (e.g. Maguire) to try and make the Glazers look better.

Rangnick pointed out that we should be parking in the disabled bay when going shopping so got binned off.

The shit show has been apparent from the lack of money recouped from players that have left.

Unread 15-08-2022, 05:18 PM
saffers

Solskjaer era will be looked upon as the worst of the post Fergie eras.

It became normal to not try.

It became normal to lose by 4 or 5.

Old Trafford record worse than under any other coach.

United name in the mud.

Zero trophies.

Unread 15-08-2022, 05:19 PM
Whip Hubley

Anyone blaming an individual manager - regardless of that being moves, lvg, Jose or ole - at this point, has entirely missed the point

Unread 15-08-2022, 05:20 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Anyone blaming an individual manager - regardless of that being moves, lvg, Jose or ole - at this point, has entirely missed the point
You are correct, this is bigger than any one individual manager.

But he was by far the worst of them and has by all evidence, done the most damage.

We look FINISHED. We are not finished but we £#%&!ing look it.

I have faith in ETH. We are coming back, and it is going to be long for all of the #@&%!s enjoying our struggles.

Unread 15-08-2022, 05:32 PM
Whip Hubley

Unread 15-08-2022, 05:33 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
You are correct, this is bigger than any one individual manager.

But he was by far the worst of them and has by all evidence, done the most damage.

We look FINISHED. We are not finished but we £#%&!ing look it.

I have faith in ETH. We are coming back, and it is going to be long for all of the #@&%!s enjoying our struggles.
You’re obsessed with Ole.

Pogba got Mourinho sacked, the players then rallied round Ole until they got bored of him in charge. The dressing room has become toxic with no fear of being binned off because of the asset protection policy they put in place under Woodward.

Unread 15-08-2022, 05:53 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
That fans like you who call people “glazer apologist” for stating the truth?

Moyes - most people “he’s not good enough”
Loyal support - “20 times 20 times man United…”

Van gaal- most people “what the £#%&! is this shit”
Loyal support - you just don’t get it, schweinsteiget is a brilliant buy, Falcao

Jose: most people “this is the best possible appointment”
Loyal support: “woke up this morning feeling f… hang on I don’t like him…. Errrm it’s the GLAZERS!!!”

Ole: most people mmmmmmm
Loyal support “Ole’s at the wheeel….. hang on he’s not so everything he did was woodwards decision and anyone who says otherwise is a glazer apologist.. “

I hope you all boycott the Liverpool game because you think the Glazers are @#%&!s like some of us did nearly 20 years ago and were called @#%&!s for it. Then tell us how you can’t give it up because you’re top reds and when the inevitable five games of good results comes you call everyone doomlords and you knew all along that ten Hag was the best manager in the world.

Unread 15-08-2022, 05:58 PM
dunk

Mourinho was always the worst possible appointment tbh.

Unread 15-08-2022, 05:59 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
That fans like you who call people “glazer apologist” for stating the truth?

Moyes - most people “he’s not good enough”
Loyal support - “20 times 20 times man United…”

Van gaal- most people “what the £#%&! is this shit”
Loyal support - you just don’t get it, schweinsteiget is a brilliant buy, Falcao

Jose: most people “this is the best possible appointment”
Loyal support: “woke up this morning feeling f… hang on I don’t like him…. Errrm it’s the GLAZERS!!!”

Ole: most people mmmmmmm
Loyal support “Ole’s at the wheeel….. hang on he’s not so everything he did was woodwards decision and anyone who says otherwise is a glazer apologist.. “

I hope you all boycott the Liverpool game because you think the Glazers are @#%&!s like some of us did nearly 20 years ago and were called @#%&!s for it. Then tell us how you can’t give it up because you’re top reds and when the inevitable five games of good results comes you call everyone doomlords and you knew all along that ten Hag was the best manager in the world.
Post.

Though I have to take issue with your misuse of the word inevitable.
Closed Thread