United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-08-2022, 10:04 AM
Joe Biden

Good for 15 league goals?

He can barely jog anymore never mind run.

Unread 15-08-2022, 10:06 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
Good for 15 league goals?

He can barely jog anymore never mind run.
This. He hit the wall suddenly and definitively at the end of 20-21. Did £#%&! all last season. It was impressive he was still so dangerous in 20-21 tbf, now he’s finished. Do not want.

Unread 15-08-2022, 10:08 AM
Dr Stranger

Oh, and he’s a horrible little rat. Are we hell bent on signing someone utterly objectionable this summer or something?

Might as well just bring Greenwood back. We’ll be in for Ched Evans at this rate.

Unread 15-08-2022, 10:10 AM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
This. He hit the wall suddenly and definitively at the end of 20-21. Did f*** all last season. It was impressive he was still so dangerous in 20-21 tbf, now he’s finished. Do not want.

Literally scored 15+ league goals in each of the past 5 seasons .. 15 league goals in 20 league starts last season .. better goal-per-start than Ronaldo last season .. its all there in writing

Depends the terms of the deal & his desire to join. If he was a Milner like figure at scousers who came in, took the professionalism up a notch, added a bit of snide and actually wanted to be at the club then (given the situation we find ourselves in) there are worse options on an 18 month - 2 year deal. If its more than that then 'out'.

Unread 15-08-2022, 10:13 AM
dunk

You know the past doesn’t predict the future in the case of footballers, don’t you? Especially when they’re in their mid 30’s and their entire game was based on pace and aggression.

Unread 15-08-2022, 10:17 AM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
You know the past doesn’t predict the future in the case of footballers, don’t you? Especially when they’re in their mid 30’s and their entire game was based on pace and aggression.
Sure - but then you can't say he "did f*** all last season" - because thats wrong. He got 15 league goals in 20 starts. There's a risk he doesn't do it this season .. but he has in the past 5 (including the last one).

Listen I was the first one out to call Ronaldo out for what he is and the detriment he has to our game. But given Vardy comes in a few years younger, and assuming he doesn't go all Oliver Twist eating his gruel alone in the canteen, then there's decent odds he adds more goals than any other player at the club at the moment without contributing to the absolute circus and insisting the play revolves around him. As said, depends on the terms of the deal and if the lad from Fleetwood would actually thank his lucky stars to be here. Imagine that ... a player actually happy to be at the club with the most league titles in the land All theoretical.

Unread 15-08-2022, 10:18 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Might as well just bring Greenwood back.
pretty much every other club would. bissouma and partey would walk into our midfield (overtaking ronaldo and vardy on the way).

to be fair to the despicable rat-faced steptoe, he was injured most of last season. he's still productive and doesn't need much service. but..... really?

Unread 15-08-2022, 10:20 AM
NedKelly

Would rather eat my own eyeballs than have this little chav anywhere near our team. Looks like someone you’d see drinking Buckfast on a bench in Margate.

Unread 15-08-2022, 10:22 AM
Patty_b

Would love a little rat £#%&! like him in our team to be honest, we've lacked any sort of bite for years.

But would prefer one that's not 36 before the end of the season.

Unread 15-08-2022, 10:22 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Would rather eat my own eyeballs than have this little chav anywhere near our team. Looks like someone you’d see drinking Buckfast on a bench in Margate.

Unread 15-08-2022, 10:27 AM
Joe Biden

I must be losing my £#%&!ing mind. People want to cancel 25 goal Ronaldos contract because he won't eat beans on toast with maguire and The Scottish Player and replace him with this £#%&!ing turd.

Unread 15-08-2022, 10:29 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
I must be losing my £#%&!ing mind. People want to cancel 25 goal Ronaldos contract because he won't eat beans on toast with maguire and The Scottish Player and replace him with this £#%&!ing turd.

Maguire screams of Beans on Toast. It's his favourite. Cup of weak, sugary tea as well.

Unread 15-08-2022, 10:29 AM
dunk

Quote:
No, we want to cancel his contract because he’s a disruptive @#%&!, wants to go and is earning a small bastard fortune to be unable to £#%&!ing move on the pitch.

Nobody even remotely sane or intelligent wants this @#%&! to replace him.

Unread 15-08-2022, 10:30 AM
NedKelly

There’s nothing wrong with beans on toast.

Unread 15-08-2022, 10:34 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Nobody even remotely sane or intelligent wants this @#%&! to replace him.
Was about to say 'I bet Rebekah wants it to happen', but then she's neither sane or intelligent.

Unread 15-08-2022, 10:37 AM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
I must be losing my f***ing mind. People want to cancel 25 goal Ronaldos contract because he won't eat beans on toast with maguire and The Scottish Player and replace him with this f***ing turd.
So for starters Ronaldo is paid about 3x Vardy's salary. Ronaldo is on close to what Kane, Son & Vardy get paid combined. Read that back slowly. Ronaldo is on close to what Kane, Son & Vardy get paid combined. It is absolutely mind bogglingly f***ing ludicrous.

Its not about 'replacing Ronaldo'. There should be no 'replacement' for Ronaldo because no one player should ever have the team built around them. Was never done at Utd before, ever. What it is about is trying to find some goals for the team with a few weeks left in the window. Already on record as saying we should have kept Ralf and gone for Nkunku. Unfortunately we don't live in that world. We live in a world where Ten Hag is playing Eriksen as a centre forward in his first appearance

Third it is very easy to reduce things to their surrealist core .. Ronaldo not eating beans w/ Maguire, very good .. but then you watch Ronaldo walking off the pitch ignoring his manager and everyone around him at Brentford on top of the rest of histrionics and perhaps begin to think that actually, this is a pretty big f***ing problem & contributing factor to the malaise we're in

Unread 15-08-2022, 10:40 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
There’s nothing wrong with beans on toast.
Poll?…

Unread 15-08-2022, 10:42 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
His contract expires next summer I believe. Leicester desperate to roll wages off the books. If its an 18 month-2 year deal could make sense. He'd be good for 15 league goals most likely and wouldn't need the side built around him: would actually be happy to be here most likely given his background. Any more than that duration & its ludicrous. Is what it is.
He's 36 in Jan.

We should not be signing any more 35 year olds ffs.

Sign a young up and coming striker ffs - really isn't rocket science. Or just anyone who isn't approaching the twilight years of their career.

Unread 15-08-2022, 11:05 AM
ZiggyStardust

I know it’s a really difficult striker market out there but Vardy….seriously

What a £#%&!ing disaster of a transfer window this has been

Unread 15-08-2022, 11:09 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
I know it’s a really difficult striker market out there but Vardy….seriously

What a £#%&!ing disaster of a transfer window this has been
Worst thing is - who is shocked?

New manager. Loads of time since Ole went. Loads of time to plan. No world cups etc. to distract.

Yet still we are mid August with 3 mediocre signings. Still no striker, CDM or zesty winger.

Disgraceful.
Closed Thread