United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-08-2022, 11:29 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Think it's harsh to say outright he's not good enough. Appreciate that it's likely he isn't good enough but he's not really had a chance to come into this team that is despreate for someone else in midfield, and then prove whether he can offer more than The Scottish Player or Fred.

It's all well and good not looking up for it in pre-season, but others looked well on it in preseason, and then completely shit it as soon as they start playing competitive football.

It would have been nice to at least see him have the opportunity to prove he can offer more than what we have, but for his sake it's probably for the best anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
Never had a chance to show, now being sold for 60% of the gimps dividends. No chance either for most of the others mentioned by the twitter Shearers and Hansens in this thread. Would rather watch a team with Garner, Laird and Hannibal lose 4-0 to Brentford than McFred, Dalot and Shaw.

Agree.

Unread 15-08-2022, 11:30 AM
dunk

And if they’re not good enough, sell them.

Unread 15-08-2022, 12:29 PM
Sandman

He's nowhere near good enough.

Unread 15-08-2022, 01:09 PM
Parlabane

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
And if they’re not good enough, sell them.
Yep, we hang on too long with our academy players and we need to be smarter and not sentimental about it.

If we are unsure sell them on with a buy back clause - realistically how many players / youngsters have left us and we have regretted it ?

Unread 15-08-2022, 01:09 PM
shenwen

I don't think he is good enough. Yet.

But he's 21 ffs. Give him a season with the squad at least and see what happens.

Unread 15-08-2022, 01:10 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

But he's 21 ffs. Give him a season with the squad at least and see what happens.
Proper clubs sell young ‘uns they’re unsure about when their value is high and whack a buyback clause in..

Unread 15-08-2022, 01:10 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

Wasn’t scholes 22/23 when he broke through.

Skilful, smaller players peak later.

Speedy, zesty strikers like Walcott, Lennon, Ali peak early.

Modric and Scholes peaked later.

I’d give Garner another year at least.

Unread 15-08-2022, 01:15 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Wasn’t scholes 22/23 when he broke through.

Skilful, smaller players peak later.

Speedy, zesty strikers like Walcott, Lennon, Ali peak early.

Modric and Scholes peaked later.

I’d give Garner another year at least.
He’s 6ft and about 8 stone. Hardly a skilful smaller player.

Unread 15-08-2022, 01:17 PM
AK14

Quote:
Proper clubs sell young ‘uns they’re unsure about when their value is high and whack a buyback clause in..
Proper clubs will have multiple much better players that haven’t stunk the place out for the last three years in the kids positions too.

We don’t.

We have two players on wages above their ability that have failed time and time again. We need to raise funds to buy better players and are struggling the shift unwanted players so we now have to let prospects go cheap.

If the plan was to sell the kid it should have been done the start of the window and I’m guessing Forest would have taken him off our hands.

Unread 15-08-2022, 01:25 PM
dunk

He stayed so ETH could have a look at him and make a decision, he has and he has. Not sure what the beef is?

Unread 15-08-2022, 01:32 PM
AK14

Quote:
He stayed so ETH could have a look at him and make a decision, he has and he has. Not sure what the beef is?
Not buying it pal.

No beef at all…

Just stinks of United being unable to sell the shit to raise funds so now have to look at fringe players to raise a few millions.

Unread 15-08-2022, 01:36 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Not buying it pal.

No beef at all…

Just stinks of United being unable to sell the shit to raise funds so now have to look at fringe players to raise a few millions.
Even if that is the case, that’s fine. They wouldn’t be selling him if he was anywhere near good enough, just as they won’t sell Elanga, for instance.

Unread 15-08-2022, 01:52 PM
Sparky***

Oh god no, not Cletus from the Simpson’s.

What ever shall we do

Unread 15-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Joe Biden

Hopefully he's being sold because hag doesn't rate him and not because he's of similar value to the guy rabiot.

Unread 15-08-2022, 01:57 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
Hopefully he's being sold because hag doesn't rate him and not because he's of similar value to the guy rabiot.
Bit of both I reckon. If he was any good he’d not be going anywhere, raising funds is deffo a priority though. Not many saleable assets that wouldn’t cause us issues with replacing them.

Unread 15-08-2022, 01:59 PM
Dr Stranger

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

What ever shall we do
Oh he £#%&!ing is as well.

Unread 15-08-2022, 02:14 PM
guerreiro

Aren’t the last lot of youngsters LVG brought in all playing for Dumbarton or Southport nowadays.

Unread 15-08-2022, 03:30 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

What ever shall we do

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Aren’t the last lot of youngsters LVG brought in all playing for Dumbarton or Southport nowadays.
Pretty obvious that’s what’s happening imo

Unread 15-08-2022, 05:25 PM
AK14

Chelsea are interested apparently.

Unread 15-08-2022, 05:28 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Chelsea are interested apparently.
Is that not true of absolutely every player?
Closed Thread