United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-08-2022, 09:31 AM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
the £14m pays for Rabiot maybe.
Goes to show how skint these @#%&!s are.

Unread 15-08-2022, 09:34 AM
flixton

Shocking he hasn't been given a chance. He has a right to think he's been betrayed by the club.

Unread 15-08-2022, 09:36 AM
dunk

That £20m budget that was rumoured at the end of the season looks more and more accurate.

Taking wages of players that have left into account; we’re in profit for this window atm

Still got Bailly, AWB, probably Ronaldo, Garner, Jones (), Williams, Tuanzebe, Chong to move on as well, that’s another huge chunk off the wage bill and potentially a few quid coming in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
Shocking he hasn't been given a chance. He has a right to think he's been betrayed by the club.
Nah he’s not good enough, this is peak value time. Probably one of the better decisions they’ve made for a while, selling Dan James aside. Should probably do the same with about another 5-6, their values are plummeting as it stands.

Unread 15-08-2022, 09:53 AM
armchair

Very disappointing.

Unread 15-08-2022, 09:58 AM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
But he was going to be our midfield saviour according to some on here?

Baffled.
1 of 7 central midfielders I heard on the grapevine (or was it 8?)

Unread 15-08-2022, 10:35 AM
ZiggyStardust

I actually think this is a good sign

He had a chance to show something in the last pre-season match and looked nervous as £#%&! and just played within himself so god knows how he’d play in an actual match PL match for us
I suspect he also didn’t impress that much in training

I had high hopes for him but some players just don’t develop into the level of player a club our size needs
Much better to sell now while we can get a decent fee rather than hoarding him for years while he stagnates and his value disappears

Unread 15-08-2022, 10:41 AM
AK14

It’s not for the right reasons though

It’s because we’re skint and struggling to shift the shit

I reckon we’d have got 20m out of Forest a few months ago, but now they’ve bought like 500 new players I bet they aren’t that Interested. That I could have kind of understood

But I’d much rather him take up a bench spot over Mcfred, who after years of shit performances should be out the door. Fred is 30 in March… now would be the time to shift that useless @#%&! on and I’m pretty sure we could find a club stupid enough to pay us 14 £#%&!ing million for him.

Unread 15-08-2022, 10:42 AM
NedKelly

Disgraceful from Erik.

Unread 15-08-2022, 10:44 AM
shenwen

Watched about half a dozen Forest games last season and not once did he stand out as anything more than a competent midfielder for that level. Great with a dead ball delivery though and likes a tackle. Would keep him for one more season, but not too bothered if he goes now.

Unread 15-08-2022, 10:44 AM
dunk

He’s not very good

He’s small and skinny, has no confidence and didn’t really dominate in the Championship. Was clear from pre-season he needs a year or two in the PL before he’s going to be anything like ready for United. Better to sell and get some money for him than loan him for 2 seasons, turns out he’s not good enough and we end up giving him away.

Should still sell Fred and The Scottish Player anyway though.

Unread 15-08-2022, 10:52 AM
Curtis

This is a terrible idea. He's a country mile better than the Scottish player.

Unread 15-08-2022, 10:54 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He’s not very good

He’s small and skinny, has no confidence and didn’t really dominate in the Championship. Was clear from pre-season he needs a year or two in the PL before he’s going to be anything like ready for United. Better to sell and get some money for him than loan him for 2 seasons, turns out he’s not good enough and we end up giving him away.

Should still sell Fred and The Scottish Player anyway though.
Which is what will eventually happen with the other two.

Unread 15-08-2022, 10:56 AM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
But he was going to be our midfield saviour according to some on here?

Baffled.
David Jones MK2.

Seems like a nice kid, will have a decent career just not at the top end of the Premier League.

Unread 15-08-2022, 10:57 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Jenkins
David Jones MK2.

Seems like a nice kid, will have a decent career just not at the top end of the Premier League.
Good enough for us then etc.

Unread 15-08-2022, 10:59 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Which is what will eventually happen with the other two.
But both are miles better than him currently and the only actual midfielders we have

I’d have sold Fred 2 years ago after he had a decent second half of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
This is a terrible idea. He's a country mile better than the Scottish player.
He’s not even close to being as good as him, really. It’s just we assume everyone is better.

Unread 15-08-2022, 11:00 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
But both are miles better than him currently and the only actual midfielders we have

I’d have sold Fred 2 years ago after he had a decent second half of the season.
Not actually sure they’re miles better tbh.

Unread 15-08-2022, 11:04 AM
Patty_b

Think it's harsh to say outright he's not good enough. Appreciate that it's likely he isn't good enough but he's not really had a chance to come into this team that is despreate for someone else in midfield, and then prove whether he can offer more than The Scottish Player or Fred.

It's all well and good not looking up for it in pre-season, but others looked well on it in preseason, and then completely shit it as soon as they start playing competitive football.

It would have been nice to at least see him have the opportunity to prove he can offer more than what we have, but for his sake it's probably for the best anyway.

Unread 15-08-2022, 11:15 AM
sweetleftfoot

Never had a chance to show, now being sold for 60% of the gimps dividends. No chance either for most of the others mentioned by the twitter Shearers and Hansens in this thread. Would rather watch a team with Garner, Laird and Hannibal lose 4-0 to Brentford than McFred, Dalot and Shaw.

Unread 15-08-2022, 11:19 AM
Hank Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Think it's harsh to say outright he's not good enough. Appreciate that it's likely he isn't good enough but he's not really had a chance to come into this team that is despreate for someone else in midfield, and then prove whether he can offer more than The Scottish Player or Fred.

It's all well and good not looking up for it in pre-season, but others looked well on it in preseason, and then completely shit it as soon as they start playing competitive football.

It would have been nice to at least see him have the opportunity to prove he can offer more than what we have, but for his sake it's probably for the best anyway.
This.

Yet another moronic decision by the club.

Unread 15-08-2022, 11:28 AM
dunk

If he’d shown any indication he was good enough he’d have been given a chance even in the 2 games so far, such is our desperation for midfielders.
Closed Thread