United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-08-2022, 10:23 PM
armchair

Default I respect the hell out of Lingard's one year deal

There's a guy willing to bet on his own potential.

Plus he didn't tie forest down to a long-term contract at stupid money so that he could do a Jones and just malinger on huge pay.

The guy wants to play football. Fair £#%&!s.

He's earned a bit of respect from me.

Unread 14-08-2022, 10:41 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
There's a guy willing to bet on his own potential.

Plus he didn't tie forest down to a long-term contract at stupid money so that he could do a Jones and just malinger on huge pay.

The guy wants to play football. Fair f***s.

He's earned a bit of respect from me.
Didn't he win POTM & get like 15 goals/assists in 15 games at West Ham? Really should have been able to get a fee for him 1-2 years before contract went. Deservedly a butt of jokes for his off-field antics but he can play in the right system. That goal against Palace one of the brightest spots too in past 5ish years.

Unread 14-08-2022, 10:42 PM
tatty

If I never see or hear of him again I will be happy.

Same for about 90% of the club still here.

Unread 14-08-2022, 10:49 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
Didn't he win POTM & get like 15 goals/assists in 15 games at West Ham? Really should have been able to get a fee for him 1-2 years before contract went. Deservedly a butt of jokes for his off-field antics but he can play in the right system. That goal against Palace one of the brightest spots too in past 5ish years.
I'm not sure but he's backed himself and I'm impressed with that. Also, he could've gone to west ham with a 3-5 year contract but he took a huge gamble on a one year.

Compare and contrast with institutionalised Jones hiding out in the woods around Carrington for the last one hundred years.

Unread 14-08-2022, 10:54 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
I'm not sure but he's backed himself and I'm impressed with that. Also, he could've gone to west ham with a 3-5 year contract but he took a huge gamble on a one year.

Compare and contrast with institutionalised Jones hiding out in the woods around Carrington for the last one hundred years.
Not convinced Jones isn't lost & just cant find his way out TBH

Unread 14-08-2022, 10:57 PM
Finport Red

Nope. Not having this.

He was let go from United cos he’s a pain in the arse. Went to forest cos it was the best deal for him at the time. He’ll run about for a bit until October, then he’ll become more interested again in whatever letters he can make his fingers look like.

Total space mumps headed waste of oxygen.

Unread 14-08-2022, 10:58 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Nope. Not having this.

He was let go from United cos he’s a pain in the arse. Went to forest cos it was the best deal for him at the time. He’ll run about for a bit until October, then he’ll become more interested again in whatever letters he can make his fingers look like.

He always grafted on the pitch

Unread 14-08-2022, 10:59 PM
Bunker Buster

Was shite in the first game, average today, tired like £#%&!....

6.8 / 10

Unread 14-08-2022, 11:00 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
He always grafted on the pitch
Any Jack Russell on the planet would do exactly the same as he does.

Without the embarrassing social media stuff.

Unread 14-08-2022, 11:01 PM
armchair

Quote:
Nope. Not having this.

He could've negotiated a 3-5 year contract easily if he had no ambition. He took a one-year deal and bet on himself.

No safety parachute and/or a really shit agent.

Quote:

One thing he has is really good movement.

Unread 14-08-2022, 11:05 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
He could've negotiated a 3-5 year contract easily if he had no ambition. He took a one-year deal and bet on himself.

I’ll go for the second option on that one.

Quote:

One thing he has is really good movement.
To be honest, I’m surprised there isn’t a ‘really good movementer’ of the year award. I’m just glad he’s moved, in a really good way, somewhere else.

Unread 15-08-2022, 09:07 AM
jem

afaik, he ain't never caught a rabbit.

Unread 15-08-2022, 09:17 AM
redhegemony

Quote:

Mine just lounges on the sofa and makes Tik Tok videos.

Unread 15-08-2022, 09:23 AM
dunk

It’s self serving, if anything.

If they go down he’s free to negotiate himself another move, if they stay up he gets an extension, if he has a stormer of a season he gets to leave and sign for a bigger club if it suits him. Slight risk of major injury, but I’d imagine they’d sort him with an extension if he got a bad injury playing for them anyway.

Low risk, potential of massive rewards for him, probably got a higher wage for the season because they were only committing to a year too.

Unread 15-08-2022, 09:26 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Mine just lounges on the sofa and makes Tik Tok videos.
One of the new Gen Z models. The older ones love nothing more than running about in no particular direction with a ball.

Unread 15-08-2022, 09:46 AM
puressence

will be playing mls with 2 years

Unread 03-09-2022, 11:48 PM
Hyman_Roth

Was subbed again. forest’s highest paid player of all time - did sweet fa. Again.

Brave? He’s a £#%&!ing dick. As much was obvious when him and Rashford launched his clothing line.

Still can’t believe there was a sprinkling of ‘so what, these are young men, it’s what they do’ on here.

Utter utter shit.

Unread 03-09-2022, 11:59 PM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Was subbed again. forest’s highest paid player of all time - did sweet fa. Again.

Brave? He’s a £#%&!ing dick. As much was obvious when him and Rashford launched his clothing line.

Still can’t believe there was a sprinkling of ‘so what, these are young men, it’s what they do’ on here.

Utter utter shit.
Its £#%&!ing glorious that this fraud is no longer our concern. Pushing 30 going on 13.

Beans beans £#%&!ing beans.

Unread 04-09-2022, 12:08 AM
Pop

Wants both his legs broken at the earliest opportunity

@jesselingard

Unread 04-09-2022, 06:46 AM
Stickman

he was an unused sub midweek at City.

They made 5 changes.
Closed Thread