United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-08-2022, 03:59 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
leaks monday , hopefully playing a behind closed doors v fc utd tuesday , team winners wednesday , training pictues thursday , erik traininings gone well friday press conference. // and repeat .. just £#%&!ing fold you @#%&!s
*Narrator's voice*

"Craig David's remix of 7 days wasn't going well."

Unread 14-08-2022, 04:02 PM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Two games in and the ‘we should have got Poch’ shouts have started already
You laugh but we aren’t signing anyone, ETH is shafted in his first window & will be gone by Xmas & poch will inevitably be called for. Shitshow.

Unread 14-08-2022, 04:08 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
Poch is exactly what was needed and remains exactly what is needed.
I’ve thought about it and i think I’d actually prefer Bielsa.

‘Poch’ cried when he made the final. Tears are only acceptable when you win the entire thing - and even then, you’ve got two or three manly tears permissible and anything beyond that is a sign of weakness (exceptions made for trophies dedicated to dead/dying parents). ‘Poch’ was sobbing. Full on sobbing. I can’t tolerate that. We can’t tolerate that. Certainly not for winning a semi - it’s essentially an admission that he’s a small time @#%&! that knows he doesn’t belong with the big boys.

And then you look at his time at PSG - just an utter whimper of an era. Nope, I’m sorry old chap, ‘Poch’ belongs with the runners up of the world. I bet he gave out gold medals to everyone who “participated” in the season Spurs made the final - had special personalised ones made just for the reserves and everything.

I trust Ten Hag, and I believe he will come good. Call me naive, call me an optimist, call me a £#%&!ing idiot if you want. Erik is going to learn from all of this and I bet he has what it takes to turn things around.

But if he doesn’t? There’s only one man for the job imo. It’d go beyond a desire for us to be champions again - it’d be about implementing standards and seeing justice handed out to the frauds infesting our club.

That man?

Unread 14-08-2022, 04:59 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Yeah but it’s like Blackadder getting Baldrick to read the dictionary but first it means teaching him to read.

Some of our squad are beyond hope.

DDG. Shaw. Maguire. The Scottish Player. Sancho. Rashford. That argie dwarf. AWB.
You really do have to ask why so many of our "top" players are incapable of following even the simplest instructions, don't you?

Unread 14-08-2022, 05:01 PM
NedKelly

Missed rics pointless bumps

Unread 14-08-2022, 05:01 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Poch is exactly what was needed and remains exactly what is needed.
Oh do £#%&! off

Unread 14-08-2022, 05:11 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Missed rics pointless bumps
How was that post "pointless" exactly?

Its not a problem that affects even a club like Brentford, does it. Exactly why that is the case may be worth examination.

Btw its only football threads for me these days

Unread 14-08-2022, 06:01 PM
silv

Poch couldn’t get a song out of Celine Dion let alone this lot

Unread 14-08-2022, 06:53 PM
Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I’ve thought about it and i think I’d actually prefer Bielsa.

‘Poch’ cried when he made the final. Tears are only acceptable when you win the entire thing - and even then, you’ve got two or three manly tears permissible and anything beyond that is a sign of weakness (exceptions made for trophies dedicated to dead/dying parents). ‘Poch’ was sobbing. Full on sobbing. I can’t tolerate that. We can’t tolerate that. Certainly not for winning a semi - it’s essentially an admission that he’s a small time @#%&! that knows he doesn’t belong with the big boys.

And then you look at his time at PSG - just an utter whimper of an era. Nope, I’m sorry old chap, ‘Poch’ belongs with the runners up of the world. I bet he gave out gold medals to everyone who “participated” in the season Spurs made the final - had special personalised ones made just for the reserves and everything.

I trust Ten Hag, and I believe he will come good. Call me naive, call me an optimist, call me a £#%&!ing idiot if you want. Erik is going to learn from all of this and I bet he has what it takes to turn things around.

But if he doesn’t? There’s only one man for the job imo. It’d go beyond a desire for us to be champions again - it’d be about implementing standards and seeing justice handed out to the frauds infesting our club.

That man?

Standards.

Unread 14-08-2022, 07:01 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper
Standards.
Yeah…

Unread 15-08-2022, 11:33 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Poch couldn’t get a song out of Celine Dion let alone this lot
its all coming back to me

Unread 15-08-2022, 11:42 AM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
While many supporters disgruntled by the application of their players may cheer on this hard-line approach, one sports scientist with experience of working at rival Premier League clubs described it as old-school and said it is unusual to put players through so rigorous a workout the morning after a late afternoon fixture.

United sources insist their medical and sports science staff would not approve any workout that carried a high risk of injuries, and it is understood a couple of players, owing to the way injuries are managed, were excused.

United’s players had turned out in baking-hot temperatures exceeding 34C for the game kicking off at 5:30pm on Saturday and yesterday was another warm day in Manchester, although only in the mid-20s in the morning.

Ten Hag clearly wanted to make an emphatic point to his players that there is a way to lose in United colours and he will not tolerate his players being outworked by modest opponents such as Brentford, who finished 13th last season in their first year ever as a Premier League club.

Sources close to the new United manager say his determination has only been enhanced by these early setbacks and that he will challenge the players to improve. Ten Hag also made his feelings clear to his players during several meetings at Carrington following the running session.
Great that he's taking a hard-line approach, but now it's time to drop the incompetents we can't rely on at all, only getting game time because of their names - Rashford, Shaw, and Maguire.

De Gea will have to wait more than likely.

Unread 15-08-2022, 12:10 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Sorry Tenners, but unless you can turn back the hands of time you may need to get used to your 37 year old striker & 30 year old number 10 in midfield being outworked by athletes in their 20s. Sending them out to run all day in the sun isn't going to fix fundamental physiological issues. Trying to add 33 year old Arnautovic to the pot probably wouldn't have helped either TBH. Pace, power & players who are actually professional footballers in the position you put them in please.

Unread 15-08-2022, 12:11 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Sorry Tenners, but unless you can turn back the hands of time you may need to get used to your 37 year old striker & 30 year old number 10 in midfield being outworked by athletes in their 20s. Sending them out to run all day in the sun isn't going to fix fundamental physiological issues. Trying to add 33 year old Arnautovic to the pot probably wouldn't have helped either TBH. Pace & power please.
Everyone altogether now!

“If I could turn back time!
If I could find a way!”

What a tune. Good luck getting it out of your head now.
Closed Thread