United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-08-2022, 04:01 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
lets give him a chance eh
Yeah we don't need a new player drenched in negativity before he's even kicked a ball for us.

I just hope there's one other coming before the window closes, because he's not best suited to playing as a no.6 and taking the ball off the defence imo.

Unread 15-08-2022, 04:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Jenkins
Yeah we don't a new player drenched in negativity before he's even kicked a ball for us.

I just there's one other coming before the window closes, because he's not best suited to playing as a no.6 and taking the ball off the defence imo.
I’ve yet to find an accurate description of what he is best at tbh. An absolute nothing player according to everything I can find. Like a VdB without Bunks as Cheerleader.

Unread 15-08-2022, 04:07 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I’ve yet to find an accurate description of what he is best at tbh. An absolute nothing player according to everything I can find. Like a VdB without Bunks as Cheerleader.
I think the best we can hope for is some awkward physical presence that can break up play.

For a player with his background, it’s surely the lowest expectation signing of recent years. Only way is up, I suppose.

Unread 15-08-2022, 08:21 PM
Blomq15

We’re moving away from this apparently. No further meetings with his mother scheduled. Might be for the best.

EDIT: Scrap that, Murtough thinks he can get it done in time for the scousers.

Unread 16-08-2022, 11:18 AM
AK14

Sky transfer bloke just said Chelsea are in talks with Juve over this lad.

Unread 16-08-2022, 11:19 AM
Vedder

Great news

Unread 16-08-2022, 11:19 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Unread 16-08-2022, 11:33 AM
Neo

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Boehly Bean's transfer strategy this summer:

Unread 16-08-2022, 11:34 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Unread 16-08-2022, 11:38 AM
puressence

think that was an error

Unread 16-08-2022, 12:01 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Ffs

Unread 16-08-2022, 12:10 PM
Dr Stranger

Chelsea just getting thrown around now to bump up offers.

Unread 16-08-2022, 12:18 PM
Joe Biden

Just sign the @#%&! he's levels above every single midfielder we have. He's not even that good either.

Unread 16-08-2022, 12:22 PM
Dr Stranger

This one will get done because it’s cheap, nobody wants him, club wants to sell and we can pass it off as a high profile signing.

Completely goes against everything we should be doing and reeks of desperation.

Another shit show of a window from the biggest laughing stock in football right now.

Unread 16-08-2022, 01:24 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
This one will get done because it’s cheap, nobody wants him, club wants to sell and we can pass it off as a high profile signing.

Completely goes against everything we should be doing and reeks of desperation.

Another shit show of a window from the biggest laughing stock in football right now.
Still , it’s been 10 days since the first bid, one trip from murtough to Turin, still awaiting the transfer

Expected it to be wrapped up within a week, agree the bid , then a week to sort out contracts.

It’s funny how on deadline day they manage deals to happen so quickly

Unread 16-08-2022, 01:32 PM
dunk

United negotiation tactic. Go in, offer terms, get rebuffed, players agents sets their terms, United walk away and go silent expecting player and agent to blink and accept what was offered. Player either signs for someone else or we go back much later and cave to their terms. Classic. Same with fees.

Usually said player has either £#%&!ed off elsewhere or there’s nobody else stupid enough to pay what’s being asked.

Unread 16-08-2022, 01:35 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
United negotiation tactic. Go in, offer terms, get rebuffed, players agents sets their terms, United walk away and go silent expecting player and agent to blink and accept what was offered. Player either signs for someone else or we go back much later and cave to their terms. Classic. Same with fees.

Usually said player has either £#%&!ed off elsewhere or there’s nobody else stupid enough to pay what’s being asked.
More often than not I reckon we end up paying more because we leave it so late too. Clubs can take the piss when are desperate and there’s only a few days left of the transfer window.

Unread 16-08-2022, 01:35 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

I always imagine us in negotiations like this. Same demeanour.

Unread 16-08-2022, 01:39 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
More often than not I reckon we end up paying more because we leave it so late too. Clubs can take the piss when are desperate and there’s only a few days left of the transfer window.
That too.

Unread 16-08-2022, 02:21 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Still , it’s been 10 days since the first bid, one trip from murtough to Turin, still awaiting the transfer

Expected it to be wrapped up within a week, agree the bid , then a week to sort out contracts.

It’s funny how on deadline day they manage deals to happen so quickly
It's crazy. Juve apparently haven't made life difficult at all, and the player is open to leaving.

And he still hasn't even had a medical.

We should be doing everything we can to get in three or four players before the Liverpool game, a game where we might get absolutely mullered with the current bunch.

So obvious that we are penny-pinching to the nth degree
Closed Thread