United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 23-07-2022, 12:48 PM
ZiggyStardust

That 2nd half was atrocious
Yeah the pitch is terrible but no excuse for some of that “football”

There are still plenty of shitc***s in the Utd squad
The likes of AWB, Bailly and Telles

At least the first half was good and now we can get back to Europe and some decent pitches

Unread 23-07-2022, 12:48 PM
Sparky***

Physically, we must be one of the weakest and most easily dominated teams in the league. Any time a team gets a bit bullish against us we roll over. That's all Villa did in the 2nd half. Ran a bit harder, got a bit more physical and started putting the usual suspects on the back foot and the inevitable happened.

Unread 23-07-2022, 12:51 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
There's plenty blinded by the occasional save tbh. He causes more problems than any of the defenders.

That said, not going to hold anybody to blame for that tbph, the pitch was a £#%&!ing disgrace.
Yup.

Hopefully ETH has got the scouts out looking for his replacement already for next summer.

Unread 23-07-2022, 12:51 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Physically, we must be one of the weakest and most easily dominated teams in the league. Any time a team gets a bit bullish against us we roll over. That's all Villa did in the 2nd half. Ran a bit harder, got a bit more physical and started putting the usual suspects on the back foot and the inevitable happened.
Chucking Eriksen and Martinez in for Lindelof and McT will help with the physical battle

Set pieces and counter-attacks will be agony I fear. We need a proper keeper, desperately.

Unread 23-07-2022, 12:52 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
100% this.

Also funky why he is playing telles in CM and LCB. Hoping it’s a big £#%&! you to the Board. Would be nice to have seen garner with savage .

The midfield just couldn’t hold the ball in the second half.

Unread 23-07-2022, 12:55 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Fred is shit as the deepest midfielder. Constantly failed to offer the defence a passing option.

Unread 23-07-2022, 12:57 PM
Joe Biden

Good - sancho, martial, Fred, dalot

Bad - beek, rashford, Bruno, maguire, the goalie.

Unread 23-07-2022, 01:06 PM
92ToBury

Looking forward to our new players hauling this lot up a notch.

Unread 23-07-2022, 01:09 PM
suedeshoes

Not much of a match/pitch/opportunity to really judge but Martinez and Eriksen will surely be first choices when actual football starts.

Not having a striker remains a concern.

Unread 23-07-2022, 01:14 PM
redhegemony

Would have liked to have seen Garner alongside Fred - he doesn't shirk challenges.

AWB and Telles were terrible.

Thought Maguire was better than he has been for a long time.

Unread 23-07-2022, 01:15 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Fred is shit as the deepest midfielder. Constantly failed to offer the defence a passing option.
thank god.

Unread 23-07-2022, 01:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Would have liked to have seen Garner alongside Fred - he doesn't shirk challenges.

AWB and Telles were terrible.

Thought Maguire was better than he has been for a long time.
Still turned away from the first goal, made himself small. I £#%&!ing hate that and he does it all the time. Cowardly.

It begins…

Unread 23-07-2022, 02:11 PM
armchair

Quote:
“We had a lot of movement behind the defending line, scored two great goals, so we were 2-0 up at half-time and then our focus dropped,” Ten Hag said. “It can be that the guys are tired but that’s not an excuse. They have to perform and it is what we didn’t do in the second half. In the first half we were really good."

When asked to account for United’s drop-off, Ten Hag reiterated: “It was the focus. I don’t want to make excuses about the pitch or weather. No matter what we have to perform.

“Football is a sport of mistakes and we have to decrease the mistakes. That’s clear but I have seen a lot of progress in these two weeks.

“In the first-half, I saw really good football, really controlling and dominating the game but we have to learn from what happened in the second-half. It’s not possible that you go 2-0 and then throw it away.

“That’s what I just said in the dressing room: a drop of focus is unacceptable but to the season I’m happy because now I can tell them it cannot happen.

“We have to get out of the dressing room and back in your plan and your focus and back to your performance and that is what we didn’t do.”

Unread 23-07-2022, 02:14 PM
Part 36 Offer

superb first half. That first goal was special.

United will be a different proposition under ETH. He will bring glory back to this football club, nqat.

Unread 23-07-2022, 02:25 PM
Hyman_Roth

Haggers is next level. Someone who demands excellence.

We’re in good hands with him.

Best I’ve felt about united for years.

Unread 23-07-2022, 02:27 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
superb first half. That first goal was special.

United will be a different proposition under ETH. He will bring glory back to this football club, nqat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

Best I’ve felt about united for years.
He certainly means business, not up for any drop in levels even in pre season

He's the right guy.....

Roll on Brighton.

Unread 23-07-2022, 02:31 PM
MUFCOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

Let's just hope the club back him properly with getting the players in who he wants and getting rid of the players he doesn't.

Also let's hope the players in the squad continue to buy into his way of doing things.

Unfortunately the past 10 or so years, both of these factors have let every manager down in one way or another at some point.

Unread 23-07-2022, 02:43 PM
Ethers

I think it’s pretty clear they’re backing him already and getting the players he wants, or do you think we’d have signed 2 Eredivisie players and Eriksen regardless of who was manager?

Unread 23-07-2022, 02:46 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I think it’s pretty clear they’re backing him already and getting the players he wants, or do you think we’d have signed 2 Eredivisie players and Eriksen regardless of who was manager?

Unread 23-07-2022, 03:52 PM
Fellohmkjusto

Fantastic